• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One core guy you would be willing to trade most?

Spud2nique

One core guy you would wanna trade most?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I put Bogi because of his D and the promise Griffin has shown.  You still need to add perimeter shooting to the team, though, so he does leave a hole to fill.

The other pairing that comes to mind are JC and CC.  If JC’a finger prevents him from stretching the floor with his jumper they can’t work together.  A jump shooting JC is sub-optimal for his talents but you must have a jump shooter on the floor with Clint.  So one of the following has to happen:  JC needs to recover, the coach needs to come up with a way to split their time and maximize JC when CC is on the bench, or one of them needs to go to bring in a better fit.

Clearly coach is where I’d make the first change.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I don't consider Bogi a 'core' piece. Important yes, but his age, injury history and his defense doesn't put him in core category.

Things to consider in any trade: we'll still need a 3pt sniper, a player making less than Bogi or a player on an expiring contract since Tony is averse to paying the LT next year as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Trades: 

Bogi/JHol/Frank for Heild/Goga/Johnson (Miles Turner has declined extension, so if Indy is trading him it will be interesting in seeing what direction they will go)

Bogi for Beasley (T.O. for next season)

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I voted for Hunter, but Bogi is the obvious choice.

There are a lot of things to consider for Hunter.   Hunter just signed a 95 Million dollar deal.   Can he live up to that contract?  Size is not enough, there needs to be consistent play.  That means that he  plays and when he plays he plays consistently.   A lot of people think that just because he has the look, size, and potential skillset he is worth the contract or that he will grow into the contract.   That's a Marvin Williams form of thinking.   His contract becomes a drag on us if he doesn't live up to that potential or gives consistent play. 

With that, I wish that the Hawks would have given him that contract with one condition:   

•   You make the amount of the percentage of the games you play.   i.e. if you play 65% of your games in a certain year, you will only get 65% of your money for that year. 

The thing about Marvin Williams is that he was always available.   So he could always go out and give us that 11/5/1 with average defense. 

Hunter could be the best positional defender since Al Horford.. but if he is available 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, it kills the continuity of the whole team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

There are a lot of things to consider for Hunter.   Hunter just signed a 95 Million dollar deal.   Can he live up to that contract?  Size is not enough, there needs to be consistent play.  That means that he  plays and when he plays he plays consistently.   A lot of people think that just because he has the look, size, and potential skillset he is worth the contract or that he will grow into the contract.   That's a Marvin Williams form of thinking.   His contract becomes a drag on us if he doesn't live up to that potential or gives consistent play. 

With that, I wish that the Hawks would have given him that contract with one condition:   

•   You make the amount of the percentage of the games you play.   i.e. if you play 65% of your games in a certain year, you will only get 65% of your money for that year. 

The thing about Marvin Williams is that he was always available.   So he could always go out and give us that 11/5/1 with average defense. 

Hunter could be the best positional defender since Al Horford.. but if he is available 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, it kills the continuity of the whole team. 

Marvin Williams wouldn't be a big wing in the today's NBA because he couldn't effectively defend 1-3 or big wings. He was most effective at switching like Okongwu but provided no rim protection nor was he a post defender so he was limited defensively to the 4. Offensively, he's a better player than Hunter but that wouldn't matter since he would be a modern Batum with less passing and more defensive switchability. 

You really tried hard but this was a terrible post because your understanding of the game is terrible. 

Let's try to take the facts of what you are saying and go from there. 

Hunter contract is a overpay. Yes, it is. He's a big wing and they are extremely hard to find like true centers in the 2000s, they are going for a premium. That answers your first concern. 

The 2nd one was just as awful, no one is giving him anything because of the look. They are giving him a big salary because finding guys who can defend 1-4 plus big wings effectively is extremely hard to find and there are like 12 of them total in the NBA but everyone needs one.

He doesn't play enough games. I can legitimately say this is a good question in regards to Hunter. I agree with you on that one. That said, these big wings tend to be hurt a lot more than other positions. It's rare when you have someone with the body of LeBron. 

Question for 🙋🏻‍♀️ @JayBirdHawk or the cap folks. 

With Capela having 2 years remaining at 21,22 mill respectively, is he seen as a bigger asset NOW in a trade where a team has control of his salary AT his age. Meaning Capela most likely won’t see another payday that is earning him 20+ mill a year, 

OR… Are teams seeing his salary for the next 2.5 years as a negative, and thus waiting for 2023-24 or 2024-25 to trade for him when he’s closer to being off the books? 

Thanks in advance.

-Sp(not Q as @kg01 has folks believin)ud

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Question for 🙋🏻‍♀️@JayBirdHawk or the cap folks. 

With Capela having 2 years remaining at 21,22 mill respectively, is he seen as a bigger asset NOW in a trade where a team has control of his salary AT his age. Meaning Capela most likely won’t see another payday that is earning him 20+ mill a year, 

OR… Are teams seeing his salary for the next 2.5 years as a negative, and thus waiting for 2023-24 or 2024-25 to trade for him when he’s closer to being off the books? 

Thanks in advance.

-Sp(not Q as @kg01 has folks believin)ud

He's an asset. Right now, he's seen as our best available asset by a mile. Bogi is seem as a liability as is JC contract 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's an asset. Right now, he's seen as our best available asset by a mile. Bogi is seem as a liability as is JC contract 

So you’re saying

he’s more of an asset (in his current contract with 2.5 year’s remaining>trading for him (friend the other team’s perspective) next year or the following (his free agent year)?

Also, if Cap is earning 

2022-23  18.7 million

2023-24  21.1 million

2024-25  22.8 million

What do you think he will earn as a FA in the summer of 2025? I realize it has to do with the projected figures and all but what’s your guess?

Capela will be 31 in the summer of 2025. He started young and has miles on him but he’s a solid rum protecting and rim running center. 

He is definitely an asset for a team, didn’t realize his chronological age was that low. 

Personally, I wouldn’t want him back after 2025, like for us to resign him but..

He should be worth a lot now to other teams INCLUDING US (if we knew wtf we were doing).

• Premium Member

Would be fine trading Clint seeing as he probably has the most trade value on our team right now and can never seem to stay healthy. Hedging our defense on 1 injury prone center is not gonna work long term, and if he's currently positive value I'd ship him now.

Love CC but being able to stay on the floor  is important, especially if you're our starting center with Trae Young as your pg.

Idk what return we could get for him, or who would replace him (don't think OO can grab the boards / anchor our defense like Trae needs), but changes need to be made, and I don't think hoping Clint magically becomes reliably healthy is a smart option.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Bogi is the obvious choice here given his contract, player option, and that I don't really consider him a part of the "core".  If you do not take into account what value the players have on the market, I'd pick JC as the next option because of his fit with Capela.  Hunter probably after that.  If you take into account players contracts and value and what we might get in return, Capela/Murray are much higher on the list because we could get players that fit better and very good players in return.

All fun hypotheticals, but I'd rather hold tight until the offseason at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akay said:

Would be fine trading Clint seeing as he probably has the most trade value on our team right now and can never seem to stay healthy. Hedging our defense on 1 injury prone center is not gonna work long term, and if he's currently positive value I'd ship him now.

Love CC but being able to stay on the floor  is important, especially if you're our starting center with Trae Young as your pg.

Idk what return we could get for him, or who would replace him (don't think OO can grab the boards / anchor our defense like Trae needs), but changes need to be made, and I don't think hoping Clint magically becomes reliably healthy is a smart option.

Ya. Agreed. If we knew what we were doing and actually going places this year Clint would be huge. But as time goes on, we might be better off trying to deal him while his value is …mid to high? Lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Bogi is the obvious choice here given his contract

You and Akay are swinging me back and forth. I want to get my vote in between the two for the poll. Akay and I were swinging Capela and you come along and reiterate Bogi into the equation again. 😂 

I’m listening.. 👂🏿 😂 

I wanna hear all sides before this vote goes in. :sarcastic:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

You and Akay are swinging me back and forth. I want to get my vote in between the two for the poll. Akay and I were swinging Capela and you come along and reiterate Bogi into the equation again. 😂 

I’m listening.. 👂🏿😂 

I wanna hear all sides before this vote goes in. :sarcastic:

My POV is, any Bogi trade would be a kind of neutral trade and we'd get some chucker/2nd rp back, which is whatever.

Trading CC would get a fun Woj bomb and good returns and spark more dopamine and provide hope for our future with whatever new assets we acquire.

Getting Levert for Bogi, I'm like meh. Getting *unknown* for CC and rolling those die, I like that idea 🤑😉

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, akay said:

My POV is, any Bogi trade would be a kind of neutral trade and we'd get some chucker/2nd rp back, which is whatever.

Trading CC would get a fun Woj bomb and good returns and spark more dopamine and provide hope for our future with whatever new assets we acquire.

Getting Levert for Bogi, I'm like meh. Getting *unknown* for CC and rolling those die, I like that idea 🤑😉

lol yeah agree with this, I just think Bogi is paid a lot for what he is on this lineup.  In my opinion, and it might not be a popular one, his added shooting doesnt make up for how bad his defense is.  He's a big net negative player imo on an almost $20M deal.  Give his shots to someone else and bring in a guy that can guard 1-3 without giving up layups and wide open 3s.  I believe stats would support this as well, and unlikely past years, health cannot be an excuse (even if it was, more of the reason to get him out)

Yeah, just quickly checking some ratings and he's statistically the worst defender on the team.  This isn't surprising at all, as I believe at least me and @shakes have mentioned he's worse than Trae now

• Like 1

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Question for 🙋🏻‍♀️@JayBirdHawk or the cap folks. 

The cost of the contract for 2  years for a Center of his caliber is good. If he keeps getting injured it can lower his value though.

• Thanks 1