• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Inclined to think this should be said openly, succinctly, and only one time... and moving on, having put it to bed

sturt

23 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Did I miss something other than the thing between Spud and I? We're all cool now, hatchet is buried and we're moving on and still friends. Not sure if that's what this is or not so forgive me if I was assuming.

It definitely is perfect timing if it’s not cause of that feud between you two lol!

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Sothron said:

he's a good dude

A good dude is the guy who forgives/buries hatchets... even though... the guy who called the good dude a "pretender" (aka, liar/fraud) apparently hasn't publicly walked back his comment.

(I don't know that, but it seems reasonable to believe if that had happened, it would have been mentioned already by someone.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

And for confirming I'm not on your ignore list 😉

And you won't be. It's not about disagreement about sports/entertainment. It's about disagreement on moral/ethical behavior.

I hate that I even know now that such a thing exists here. (I don't even block anyone on Twitter. Anyone. Ever. Twitter! ) Personal philosophy is adamantly opposed to cancelling voices that are different from mine.

There is one poster and one poster only on this site who ever so offended me by what he posted about me (character attack), that I made a self pledge never to engage him again... he made some claims about me that were both subjectively unfair and objectively untrue. But it never even occurred to me to want to take this step where I don't even want to have the mere capacity to read his/her posts. (Not important who that is... s/he doesn't post here very often anymore, if ever.)

What's made this different is that it's about someone doing that to someone else. If it's about me, who cares. But it's a bridge too far when it's about someone else in the family/community, and especially when that someone else is grossly undeserving of that kind of attitude.

If someone slaps your brother around in front of the entire school, but then your brother comes to you and tells you that they've quietly made amends... it's still not okay until that someone is as public in his own repentance as he was in his bad behavior. Your brother might just be that nice of a guy. And had the original offense happened privately, maybe that could be enough. That's not this.

And so, yeah, others can make their own judgments based on their own standards, but where I come from and how I was raised... I need to see the guy who did what he did to my brother stand up in front of the class and express some remorse and give some explanation. So, figuring that'll never happen, this will just be the on-going state of play. Not what I'd rather, but I only control what I control, ie, my own reaction. It's fine. Moving on.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

From the mod side, if we all focus on the post and not the poster we avoid 99.9% of trouble on this board.  As sturt noted, it is time to "move on."  I think that is a fitting close to this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• AHF locked this topic