• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

That's different than Fit. 

Tatum and Brown are two forwards.   Next year, Trae and DJ will cost less than Tatum and Brown and NO.. It's not 80 Million. 

Durant is 35 years old.  He just had an MCL sprain that has kept him out of basketball all month.  Dominique's efficacy ended at 34 years old.   MJ's last year as a top star was 34 years old.   Reggie Miller played til he was 39 but his years after 35 were 17, 12,10, and 15 ppg.  Paul Pierce after 35 was no better than 13.5 ppg.   Ray Allen after 35 was 14, 11, and 10 ppg.   Kobe Bryant after 35 put up 22 and 17... and never played more than 66 games in a season. 

Point is... Durant is old in Basketball years.  He looks good but History says.. He ain't got long.   He's not Lebron with the steroids.   So expect his body to dictate how he plays...  Trading for him is not financially sensible.   He's a win TODAY guy.  That's it.  You Florida Marlin that thing if you go for Durant.  You sell out your future just to win. 

Steroids? Lebron? You got proof of that?

On 1/16/2023 at 7:36 AM, REHawksFan said:

So Trae wanted Ben and couldn't get him. Then Trae wanted DJM and got him.  Now Trae STILL wants Ben, even with DJM?  Does that mean he wants both together or he's willing to move DJM for Ben?  And Trae lobbied to keep Capela, right? 

I'm just curious if anyone understands Trae's roster building strategy?  And if so, kindly explain it to my like I'm 5.  Thanks. 

All I got is he is finally buying into the IT comparison. DJ=Dumars Ben=Rodman/Sally

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I don't dislike him as a Basketball player. I don't even dislike him as a person. He's still a kid age wise. 

If you want to say this to make you feel better about Trae, I get it. 

As of this moment, KD hasn't asked out. That said, Thursday is along time from now in Basketball news cycle and we all know KD asked out this summer. 

Trae been putting out fillers. There is a lot of other things going on behind the scenes that make something I wouldn't even post about potentially realistic as an option. 

That said, as of right now, the Hawks aren't shopping Trae nor have they. KD is not being shopped either as far as this season. That said, if there was a move to make for KD and I had to trade Trae just to get a fair deal where I can contend after the trade. I would do it. I would do Murray faster than Trae but Murray doesn't have anywhere near Trae's trade value.

Regardless of how some GMs talk about him, owners know his value and they know what he does for the bottom line. He is always extremely valuable for owners and trade wise, he's a top 10 trade value player even if he's not a top 10 player. 

I'm just using what you said.  You did say you didn't like him as a person. 

I'm not sure what you mean by make me feel better.

Trae could be the biggest asshole on the planet and I wouldn't care as long as the Hawks are winning. 

I don't get caught up in the personals of these people because I don't know them so who am I to judge their character or what they want. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm just using what you said.  You did say you didn't like him as a person. 

I'm not sure what you mean by make me feel better.

Trae could be the biggest asshole on the planet and I wouldn't care as long as the Hawks are winning. 

I don't get caught up in the personals of these people because I don't know them so who am I to judge their character or what they want. 

This! Unless they did something morally incomprehensible or get locked up I don’t give a flying fck about they personalities. I want a ring at this point as a fan. It’s time for us. 

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

they're good vegan-wise right?

Ya but don’t bring any eggs.. I mean if you can afford them. :boobs: