• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official NBASupes, Sothron, and theCampster Insider Thread - NBA 2022-23 Season

NBASupes

On 6/12/2023 at 5:34 PM, Sothron said:

I don't know who that is but ok.

hes a writer for bleacher report. put out an article about hawks cap situation and in it is where the rumor was. then of course nbacentral aggregated it a day later to which is when he tweeted

58 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I swear, some of y'all would argue about the sky not being blue just because you saw a cloud in it one day.

But sure, attorneys and lawyers are indeed the same thing. Feel free to revel in your wisdom.

Haha, it's like:

Poster 1: The sky is blue.

Poster 2: Yeah, it's blue.

Poster 1: Now that you say that, it kinda more of a greenish-blue...

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, do we know that?

I don't know if we will see the same offense this year that we have seen.   Which is why I'm not so quick to move JC.   However, if we do move JC, it's probably a money move. 

I think JC or Capela goes and we enter next season with 1 PNR guy and 1 PNP guy in the offense in the front court. Cap holds more value, obviously, great production on a great contract. He is a lot like a "Gobert" type defender though, which means shipping JC for a shooter, like Bertans could be the fit move. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, it's like:

No, its actually like this:

Poster 1:  the sky is blue and also blue

poster 2:  You don't need to call it blue twice

Poster 1:  you are right

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20230616_062828_Samsung Internet.jpg

Besides our very own Insiders in this very thread posted the Suns trade rumors involving JC/CC for Ayton/Crowder et al in some capacity at the trade deadline and how close it was until the KD trade.

That's one vote for NO discernment from Jay the Contrarian. Thank you.

Ya know, you've seemed to have a little... just a little... edge for awhile now... you wanna talk about it? I spose not, but I'm here for you if you do. 😄

And. I have no clue what the point of your "Besides our very own insiders..." comment was. Probably b/c I'm just too dense. For the record, but whatever.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

I do think he is consulted but I don't think he has any say.

You're welcome to that opinion, but you're also welcome to the opinion that we really can't say just yet with any  certainty. Personally, I want to believe that if you just had the rug pulled out from under you in Utah, you might make it a condition of employment that there's some explicit language in the contract that gives you some say... not even merely a gentleman's verbal agreement, but explicit language. But until there's some actual transaction, and then some comment and nonverbals to read and gauge his enthusiasm, it seems most reasonable to be content with "I don't know."

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, thecampster said:

1 should, 2 could.....let me simplify that. They are not the same thing.

Um. Wha?

I saw two "woulds". And I just went back to confirm. For what it matters.

Regardless, I eventually came to the conclusion you would  both be not surprised  if we saw 1 of the 3 gone, and not surprised if we saw 2 of the 3 gone. (Right?)

Edit

OH. You're clarifying, though. Now I get it. All good. "Should" see one of the 3... "could" see two of the 3.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

I swear, some of y'all would argue about the sky not being blue just because you saw a cloud in it one day.

But sure, attorneys and lawyers are indeed the same thing. Feel free to revel in your wisdom.

And some of us.... oh... never mind.... I promised... I'll keep my promise. 😄

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, theheroatl said:

legitimate speculation on free agency

Don't look for that my friend... I mean, the free agency part. Hard to see how we would be players in FA. We'll have the MLE, but even then, so will so much of our competition.

As for the "legitimate" part of "legitimate speculation," that appears to be a controversial take around here, dontchaknow... hehe, s'helpme from some of the very same posters who otherwise speak of this as being "silly season" (and of course, they're right about that... so so right).

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Is this legit? 

Jake Fischer of Yahoo! reports that the Pacers actually tried to acquire De’Andre Hunter at last year’s deadline in exchange for Chris Duarte and draft capital.

Indiana explored trade scenarios for OG Anunoby and the concept of sending Chris Duarte plus draft capital to Atlanta for De’Andre Hunter during February’s trade deadline, sources told Yahoo Sports

That's like saying the Lakers had internal discussions regarding Trae.

It could be as simple as Indy called the Hawks to see if interested. Hawks passed.

Well, one, I learned my lesson last off-season that Fischer wasn't a wannabe. So, I dunno why I wouldn't give that report some regard.

Did it meet with the apathy that Jay suggests? I feel better about her 2nd and 3rd sentence... b/c indeed it could  be as simple. I think the analogy of the 1st sentence is stretching by quite a bit, me, short of knowing what "draft capital" actually specifically was. However, I'll agree that I don't think the ATL FO was ready to make such a big move unless the deal clearly was perceived as a short-term win.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, it's like:

See, here's the problem....

It's not fDLLU7S.jpg&ehk=dqfdViuhJY50Ur8px8leqbD7 when it's definitely D20cP0a6obdhQvMHCGjz11GZoEToJC2c=&risl=& ... and it's definitely that with some regularity, of course. So the whole analogy legitimately kinda implodes on itself, but few ever seem to realize it when they choose to go there. 🙂

Take it from me... I'm not an attorney, but I play one on Hawksquawk. 😉 Still.