• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All Star game is an embarrassment

Vol4ever

23 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Jalen Brown was right.  

What'd he say?

I watched 3 possessions and had to shut off the whole TV.  Why play the game at all if you're gonna play like that?

Those 3 possessions were all I could watch of the whole weekend, honestly.  It's over-commercialized beyond what anyone probably intended when it began.  Not watchable.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What'd he say?

I watched 3 possessions and had to shut off the whole TV.  Why play the game at all if you're gonna play like that?

Those 3 possessions were all I could watch of the whole weekend, honestly.  It's over-commercialized beyond what anyone probably intended when it began.  Not watchable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member

It's an exhibition game that has evolved to emphasize the "exhibition" part over the "game" part.

Two primary problems from where I sit.

1. While it's always been a mid-season event, the consequences of injury now are seem so much more pronounced, so impactful, it's natural that no one's going to want to play the game with any intensity.

It's got to become an end-of-season event to even present the possibility of it being considered a legit competition by players.

2. It's become less about winning the All-Star Game, more about just being on a team... effectively, you've "made it" if you're just one of those players who get to show up.

My working theory is that it has to have a tournament feel in order to inspire that level of competitiveness. Two teams does not a "tournament" make. I propose, rather than two conference squads, there should be six division squads. Each plays the other five for a 12 minute (1 quarter) round-robin "game," and then the top 3 by virtue of total score differentials for their 5 games participate in one more series of 12 minute games against each other, with the ones scoring the most earning Gold Belts, second most Silver Belts, and third most, Bronze. And next season, the Gold Belt guys each get an added recognition sewn onto their unis in recognition that they were the previous year's All-Star Challenge champs.

Posted previously....................

2023-02-20_22-12-44.png

I did not bother to even tune in.  I said before the "game" that no game would be played.  Just an exibition of three point shooting and glorified dunks.  For you who did watch, what did you see?

:ahf:

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

What'd he say?

Why would you watch Sunday and not Saturday.  Saturday was actually entertaining.    I didn't even bother with Sunday, knew it would be a total waste of time.

Does anyone really think the entitled, spoiled malcontents who now occupy 99% of the NBA were really going to try in an all star game?  They can't even ben arsed to show up for games that actually count.

11 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Unappealing. Not competitive and basically a bunch of dudes pretending to play basketball but actually not playing.

honestly, that pretty much describes the entire season of the NBA these days, not just the all star game.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

Why would you watch Sunday and not Saturday.  Saturday was actually entertaining.    I didn't even bother with Sunday, knew it would be a total waste of time.

Does anyone really think the entitled, spoiled malcontents who now occupy 99% of the NBA were really going to try in an all star game?  They can't even ben arsed to show up for games that actually count.

honestly, that pretty much describes the entire season of the NBA these days, not just the all star game.

I didn't want to watch either night.  I just happened to flip to the game since nothing else was on.  It was the equivalent of a desperation entertainment heave from halfcourt.  Which, incidentally, is what half the players were doing in the actual game.

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WTH Is this????

Screenshot_20230221_071935_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wtf is that?  That's the precise moment Jaylen Brown decided to force a trade from BOS.

Mwhahahhahaaaa ......

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I remember when the Allstar weekend was must see TV, I made sure nothing was scheduled for that weekend. I did not watch 1 minute of any of the weekend. I saw snippets on Twitter, that was the extent of my viewing.

WTH Is this????

Screenshot_20230221_071935_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wait, they made them wear the Jazz unis? :er:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, they made them wear the Jazz unis? :er:

I just saw that.  Did the league purposely tank the weekend?  That would explain why they honored the child rapist to really put it over the top.

I guess vaccine denying was the worse offense.  Otherwise they would've brought back Stockton.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I just saw that.  Did the league purposely tank the weekend?  That would explain why they honored the child rapist to really put it over the top.

I guess vaccine denying was the worse offense.  Otherwise they would've brought back Stockton.  

how f-ing crazy is it that Malone gets the red carpet treatment and Stockton isn't invited.   F-d up liberal world we live in where ripping on masks is worse than child rape.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stockton was there, but not much pub... such an  uncomfortable looking pic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, shakes said:

how f-ing crazy is it that Malone gets the red carpet treatment and Stockton isn't invited.   F-d up liberal world we live in where ripping on masks is worse than child rape.

I dont think it's a lib v conserv thing.  I think it's a tone deafness thing.  Remember Malone was a known rapist for decades.  That ain't new news.  Both the lib and conserv worlds turned a blind eye to it.

Don't let recency bias ensnare you,  shakey jake. 

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stockton was there, but not much pub... such an  uncomfortable looking pic

Caption contest, you say?

Karl: 'Wonder if John has a granddaughter..."

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Caption:

Stockton’s wife: Why are you wearing that preppy a$$ shirt?

Karl: I’m hunting middle aged white housewives. 

Stockton: :ph34r:

you should try again Spud only this time try making it funny.