• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can anyone remember a coach ever badmouthing his own player the way LP did with Trae?  This is just such a big breach in the unwritten rules for a coach to submarine his player's chances at the All-Star game and the Olympic Team.  And bizarre on the Olympic side not to want your young star to spend time around some of the game's best coaches and best players to see their habits, maturity, etc.  It strikes me as just unbelievably spiteful for a coach to do that.

LP basically de-railed his own career, not head coach material.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I do think he will have other options this offseason if he doesn't want to work with Landry and Korver.  He is a "highly valued" coach.  But if he does want to work with them, it doesn't benefit him to sit at home unpaid for the rest of the year and not use the remainder of the season to start setting the groundwork for next season both in terms of developing and assessing players.

Right... of course Snyder would have other options.

That Horsewind is incredulous suggests something insulting about Atlanta, though. It's like a parent saying, "Why are you throwing your life away by choosing that  (career... spouse... place to live et al). We had such high hopes for you!"

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Intepretation: Why, yes, sturt, I'm over here on this other football field. And why aren't you over here with me???

My friend, what claim do you think my statement... which came before your comments... was responding to???

I responded to what I responded to... if you're going to respond to me, then it is entirely relevant and pivotal that you understand the context of my statement, ie what prompted me to say what I said.

We can move over to your football field later, maybe. Not right now. At least, not me. This one is about SAUSAGE.

Sorry - I didn't really care what you were responding to. I cared about the content of your response. 

But perhaps I misread that content.  I was engaging with you on what I understood to be the premise of your argument that Nate's approach on offense isn't corrosive to a team's development and performance over time.  If you are in agreement that his strategy and approach is corrosive to a team's development and performance over time then please feel free to disregard my comments and accept my apology for having led the discussion astray.

16 minutes ago, warcore said:

Serious question -- why am I supposed to give a crap what this rando thinks?

By the description of a "brilliant young coach in Lloyd Pierce" I already know he's a buster. Stop clicking that noise. 

You're not...

Alot of shit on this board nobody gives a crap about.....Geez..

Just showing how LP is still being petty.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

Right... of course Snyder would have other options.

That Horsewind is incredulous suggests something insulting about Atlanta, though. It's like a parent saying, "Why are you throwing your life away by choosing that  (career... spouse... place to live et al). We had such high hopes for you!"

That is totally fair.  I could read it more charitably to be more akin to "why make the decision before you know what your options are?" (where it presumably assumes that the option you are choosing isn't the best of all possible options but doesn't necessarily look down on it more than most other options) but I can also totally see it the way you read it where it is a specific dig on Atlanta.  Given the media's general tone in coverage of the Hawks, the latter would be very on brand.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Sorry - I didn't really care what you were responding to. I cared about the content of your response. 

But perhaps I misread that content.  I was engaging with you on what I understood to be the premise of your argument that Nate's approach on offense isn't corrosive to a team's development and performance over time.  If you are in agreement that his strategy and approach is corrosive to a team's development and performance over time then please feel free to disregard my comments and accept my apology for having led the discussion astray.

I've said what I said, and today that's been quite a lot... so I'm satisfied with that.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is totally fair.  I could read it more charitably to be more akin to "why make the decision before you know what your options are?" (where it presumably assumes that the option you are choosing isn't the best of all possible options but doesn't necessarily look down on it more than most other options) but I can also totally see it the way you read it where it is a specific dig on Atlanta.  Given the media's general tone in coverage of the Hawks, the latter would be very on brand.

Right.

So, in my admittedly-biased mind, I don't think Horsewind even bothers to make that suggestion if the team in question is LAL.

Another thought... think it can also be tied into the disparagement of Trae... like, "why would you want to go there and have to coach him?... he's never going to amount to anything in this league."

Again... admittedly-biased, me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL at Pierce being a brilliant young coach.  He's so brilliant that he's not on anyone's radar to be a head coach again.

Its not about the stupid tweet, its about LP petty ass liking that shit... 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Heh, I might steal this and pay you royalties.

My guess is that one of his 7th grade classmates already beat me to the copyright, and actually has his attorney hunting me down as we speak.... hehe... that one's too easy.

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can anyone remember a coach ever badmouthing his own player the way LP did with Trae?  This is just such a big breach in the unwritten rules for a coach to submarine his player's chances at the All-Star game and the Olympic Team.  And bizarre on the Olympic side not to want your young star to spend time around some of the game's best coaches and best players to see their habits, maturity, etc.  It strikes me as just unbelievably spiteful for a coach to do that.

I tend to agree, and yet, also can imagine there was some sense in LP's head that he had to prioritize keeping Trae's feet on the ground.

One could argue that would have been selfishly-motivated--ie, "can't let this young kid's popularity overshadow my goals for myself and what I'm trying to achieve"... but one also could argue that, bigger picture and long term, Trae was going to gain more from less feeding in the short term of Trae's ego.

But on that subject, no one will ever beat out this guy for "big breaches" of written legal  rules, never mind just coaching rules... hehe...

2023-02-24_14-52-19.png

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I want Nates son out of here Pronto..

He's gonna tell Daddy everything that's going on with the team the rest of the season.. smh

He knows he's a "lame duck" assistant.. lol

Nate going to go to a team that picks right before us and take our guy, huh?  Like Larry Drew did when he told the Bucks that Danny Ferry was all in on Giannis.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1