• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

"Get the best out of Trae Young"?  I was told Quin would be trading Trae Young ..... for Raul Neto.

🙂

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

Soooo... me, I can't help but wonder... and forgive me b/c this is blatantly getting ahead of our collective skis... is Bey enough of a PF long-term and is QS similarly oriented toward a smaller roster such that you think QS would have no interest in (re-)adding Favors to the roster, replacing one of the young-uns ahead of the playoffs... remembering too how much we've yearned in the past for some beef for the post season... ???

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Soooo... me, I can't help but wonder... and forgive me b/c this is blatantly getting ahead of our collective skis... is Bey enough of a PF long-term and is QS similarly oriented toward a smaller roster such that you think QS would have no interest in (re-)adding Favors to the roster, replacing one of the young-uns ahead of the playoffs... remembering too how much we've yearned in the past for some beef for the post season... ???

Bey does some good things on D at the 4 but Collins is clearly better at the 4 on D. What Bey adds is he can legit play 2, 3, and 4 on offense and create havoc especially with the creator that Trae is. Bey gives us a confident knock down open 3 point shooter which we lost when we traded Kevin. Bey just literally changed the outlook of this entire season for us.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Bey does some good things on D at the 4 but Collins is clearly better at the 4 on D. What Bey adds is he can legit play 2, 3, and 4 on offense and create havoc especially with the creator that Trae is. 

(What I didn't say that I should have said is that Favors is supposedly one of QS' favorites.)

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sturt said:

(What I didn't say that I should have said is that Favors is supposedly one of QS' favorites.)

Favors was special. Like Okongwu he could defend the 4 and the 5. He made it a lot easier for Gobert to focus on his strengths. The issue was, the floor spacing on offense. Add Rubio lack of finishing and range and it was an offensive nightmare 

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, sturt said:

Still a cap limit. 

It's interesting.   IF we do give the job to mighty Quin.. and he is also the PBO...  How much will he yield to the will of Ressler?

Will Ressler still have the last word on spending?

I'm not suggesting that Snyder is getting the job automatically because of a shams post.   In my observation, Shams is more wrong than he is right. 

So to KB's applause, we are interviewing Snyder; however, how much power Snyder may be after may be the lynchpin to a deal.  I can easily see us opting for Ime because he would be easier to control. 

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Giannis best finish in his first 5 seasons was 44 wins and the 7th seed.  He had Khris Middleton as a teammate the entire time. 

Year 6 Bud ball in Milwaukee began with 60 wins.  

"Giannis is trash.  He don't fit.  Let's trade him for some other rando who ain't never won a dayum thing either." - said no Bucks fan ever 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Giannis best finish in his first 5 seasons was 44 wins and the 7th seed.  He had Khris Middleton as a teammate the entire time. 

Bud Ball  & you bring in Brook Lopez, Ilyasova. 

Going from John Henson to Brook Lopez is a big deal. 

Lopez and Ilysova brought proper spacing to that team.   It's easier for Giannis to dominate when he has a Center that doesn't have to be inside to be effective. 

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Delete

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Still nothing official yet.  It'll be interesting to see if he indeed gets more authority than just coaching.

Well, 

If he waits on Pop.. he can go to San Antonio and probably be HC/PBO.    IN Utah, I believe things changed for him when Ainge came in.. Ainge came in and then they made this kid.. Justin Zanick the GM.    Well, here we have Landry and Nick in the FO. I think HC/PBO is something that should be automatic for him. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Diesel said:

Still a cap limit. 

I think you mean there's still a luxury tax line to be considered (?).

New number since the deadline is $1,633,260... that's how much room there is beneath the line to add players.

The other part one needs to know is that we have about 25% of the season left, which means that if you add a minimum vet contract to your payroll right now, that's going to add about $460,000 to your payroll (25% x $1,836,090).

(Soooo... more than ample room to add Favors, then, who's still collecting on his $10-ish million from HOU.)

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I think you mean there's still a luxury tax line to be considered (?).

New number since the deadline is $1,633,260... that's how much room there is beneath the line to add players.

The other part one needs to know is that we have about 25% of the season left, which means that if you add a minimum vet contract to your payroll right now, that's going to add about $460,000 to your payroll (25% x $1,836,090).

(Soooo... more than ample room to add Favors, then, who's still collecting on his $10-ish million from HOU.)

The bonuses are probably the issue