• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

Just now, macdaddy said:

Trae and Donovan Mitchell are friends i think.  Hopefully Trae knows what he's getting into.  I'm iffy on Snyder but i think it's an improvement. 

I wanted Ime but Snyder has a better track record. At least we know we are getting a professional atmosphere around the facility and a guy who works in Quin.

• Like 3

Joe Prunty must fill the gap regardless of what happens.  He's preparing the team right now for the Friday night home game when Cleveland comes calling.  If Quin Snyder were to be hired today he wouldn't have time to work with this Hawk team and take over at once.  For the second game?  Sure.  Friday's game?  Nope.

Quin appears to be the favorite of the Hawk's front office and with the Squawk nation.  This is good!

😉

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Interesting to know how close to the inner circle the person is who said this to Shams (per his article)...

There has been mutual interest between the Hawks and Snyder, sources said. At 29-30 and in eighth place in the Eastern Conference standings, the Hawks believe the time is right to move quickly on their coach of the future, if possible, and believe in Snyder’s ability to enhance their culture on and off the floor.

• Like 1

Mitchell considered Snyder a significant part of his reasoning for committing to a five-year maximum contract extension in 2020, and Snyder's decision to step away on Sunday has left Mitchell "surprised and disappointed," sources told ESPN.

Mitchell remains fond of Snyder and accepts his reasons for stepping down, but Mitchell is spending the immediate aftermath of Snyder's decision trying to process what the coach's loss means in the larger scope for the organization and himself, sources said.

Donovan Mitchell 'surprised and disappointed,' sources say, as Quin Snyder leaves Utah Jazz (espn.com)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Let's do this!!!

And there you have it.

(Was just discussing the POBO title earlier.)

The thinking might be, "Hell, if Quin's being openly talked about as a legitimate option to replace Pops in SanAn (ostensibly, both as head coach and POBO), why not jump line in front of the Spurs and get that guy to come here?"

• Like 4

Giving him that title may also offset any potential compensation they will have to give to get him, as this would be a promotion for him.  

Man!  I'm happier than a pig in slop right now.  Just hope this doesn't fall through, even though I do like some of the other candidates.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Giving him that title may also offset any potential compensation they will have to give to get him, as this would be a promotion for him.  

Man!  I'm happier than a pig in slop right now.  Just hope this doesn't fall through, even though I do like some of the other candidates.  

Fair point as I do recall Dan E. strAinge hinting at asking for comp if he got back into coaching.

And are we gonna call this a squd-bomb since @Spud2nique gave us this news?  I say, yes. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why would Fields undermine his own power? I don't see that happening. If Snyder is demanding personnel control as a condition then move on. Coaches should coach.

As KB pointed out, this could be a name-only deal to avoid paying compensation to UTA.

• Like 4