• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks in talks with Snyder

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Fk9uW_1XwAE2Zb0?format=png&name=small

We back!!!

I think for most Hawks fans, this is what they gravitate to.   Snyder was with Bud... 1 year.  then he went to Utah.   While he's not a Bud disciple, I worry about what happens to his teams in the playoffs and the fact that he quit his last job.   I think the whole picture is necessary. 

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hoping Quin can get Ben Sullivan back as the shooting coach.  He's the best in the business.  

Although he's not my first choice, I'm ok with it.  We talk about "rooms" in football as in the "QB room", the "WR room", etc.  This hire certainly improves our "coaches room", so to speak.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, sturt said:

And there you have it.

(Was just discussing the POBO title earlier.)

The thinking might be, "Hell, if Quin's being openly talked about as a legitimate option to replace Pops in SanAn (ostensibly, both as head coach and POBO), why not jump line in front of the Spurs and get that guy to come here?"

The question has to be asked... 

What Happens when Pop retires. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

So can Ime come on as an AHC to help with defense and get his career back on track? 

i was hesitant on Quinn, but I’ve come around to - if he is the guy - this could be a really great hire. 

Like I said yesterday...

Ime is on the Blackball list.   Adam Silver probably has a threat for any team that picks him up.   Ime's next gig might be college... I can see him taking over the Ga Tech Program. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The question has to be asked... 

What Happens when Pop retires. 

It does, but if you're suggesting a successful Quin would be interested.... look, if you've got a good gig going in Atlanta, not seeing that it matters. Here's the thing. San Antonio is mainly special because of what Pops has achieved. It's not the same thing as it would be if Pops were in Boston or NY or LA or Chicago.

Quin isnt Bud, but it is interesting that there are some similarities to their careers if this happens. Hopefully Quin can ask Bud for some guidance. 

Both had good success with their first teams but couldnt actually win in the playoffs. Both faced juggernauts so who knows who exactly is to blame. Both left that team and went/are going to a team with a star that needed to be unlocked and have a culture built around them. 

Bud had a "very good coach but he doesnt win in the playoffs" reputation which was well earned. Again, hopefully Quin has a good enough relationship with Bud to get a few pointers to help with the path hes on. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ime is on the Blackball list. 

I have no reason to believe that. Who knows what we don't know out here away from the inner workings... not me... but I've read nothing that gives me any reason to believe that. Feel free to educate me, though. I might be inclined toward that if we were talking about Udoka having committed some cardinal political sin... like, saying something publicly about the NBA and China, or saying something offensive about gays... that kind of thing. I could see it if Udoka was known to have made a move on women within the personal or professional Adam Silver orbit. None of that is the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Like I said yesterday...

Ime is on the Blackball list.   Adam Silver probably has a threat for any team that picks him up.   Ime's next gig might be college... I can see him taking over the Ga Tech Program. 

Don't tease an old Jacket fan like that. If he took over at Tech, man, that would really jumpstart the progam.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Quin isnt Bud, but it is interesting that there are some similarities to their careers if this happens. Hopefully Quin can ask Bud for some guidance. 

Both had good success with their first teams but couldnt actually win in the playoffs. Both faced juggernauts so who knows who exactly is to blame. Both left that team and went/are going to a team with a star that needed to be unlocked and have a culture built around them. 

Bud had a "very good coach but he doesnt win in the playoffs" reputation which was well earned. Again, hopefully Quin has a good enough relationship with Bud to get a few pointers to help with the path hes on. 

Let's also face it, tho, Utah and Atlanta are both considered to be lesser NBA markets, and both franchises have had similar obstacles in their path to elevating their place in the pecking order. It's not just about Bud or Quin and their coaching.

• Like 1

How Milwaukee's Budenholzer helped Quin Snyder become 'one of the best coaches in the league' | KSL.com

“When I was in Austin (coaching the Spurs’ G-League team), Bud was in San Antonio,” Snyder said. “I was trying to learn the Spurs system because I was going to have to run some version of that — obviously, just a little watered down. Bud was someone who was willing to spend a lot of time with me.”

The relationship remains strong. Snyder said Budenholzer remains one of his closest friends and their families still spend plenty of time together. It was actually a little bit of an Atlanta reunion on Sunday at the Marquette basketball game with Snyder, Budenholzer and former Hawks general manager Danny Ferry in attendance.

Bud had a massive impact on Quin's career.