OFFICIAL: Hawks and All we do is Quin Quin Quin

JayBirdHawk

By the way, I just saw this thread after a few days. I think I see what’s going on here, y’all changing rooms on Spud huh? So you can do what, have some regular Hawks talk with no weirdness? :er: Carry the F on- Sperk (Spud meets Perk) :huh: @kg01 I’d like to file for a new nickname…

Sperk! :boogiedown: {HEEEEE TOO TAWWWLLLLL}

image.gif.b77ec618ef2c1ecdb2419449f01ef89b.gif

“Boban, you got anything to add to this?”

”He shoot, he shoot again he shoot one more time he shoots”…

:er:

ps I love me some Boban boi I tell ya! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Quin gets it:

Atlanta has lost two in a row and is 3-3 since the All-Star break, when the team fired coach Nate McMillan. New coach Quin Snyder said he isn’t as concerned about immediate results as he is the big picture.

“I want us to be the best team we can be by the end of the year,” Snyder said. “And that’s really what it comes down to, how can we keep improving? Obviously, we want to win — record, standings, playoffs — but I think we’ll be better off if we continue to improve.”

Am I Quin Snyder?  Guy's copying off my paper. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I get it if we don't receive questionable calls.  After all, the league claimed they're cracking down.  The problem is, as you say, you can't double-down and give questionable calls to the opponent.  That makes no sense and it's why I keep saying it's refvenge.

And we're not even gonna get into the weird continuation/non-continuation stuff.  That's been blatantly bad.  Like, I get people don't like his foul-baiting.  But refs still have to call games impartially.  We haven't seen that in 2 years. 

And, before les miserables chime in, I am not absolving Trae of blame.  He has to play through it and not be a victim just picking up T's.  That only fuels refvenge as them dudes and ladies are human and carry grudges. 

To your point, last game i think I have seen less complaining about fouls as I have ever seen this Hawks team do.   The fouls were blatantly bad but our guys didn't complain.  So horrible were the fouls but I think Quin told the team.. I got this in terms of handling refs.  It's not a "Shut up and play basketball"  it's a "Let me be the bad guy".    I think it's obvious that refs treat Trae differently... and not in a good way.  I think Quin noticed that also and realizes that if Trae doesn't be that guy to complain about everything, we he does complain, they will consider his voice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

By the way, I just saw this thread after a few days. I think I see what’s going on here, y’all changing rooms on Spud huh? So you can do what, have some regular Hawks talk with no weirdness? :er: Carry the F on- Sperk (Spud meets Perk) :huh: @kg01 I’d like to file for a new nickname…

Sperk! :boogiedown: {HEEEEE TOO TAWWWLLLLL}

image.gif.b77ec618ef2c1ecdb2419449f01ef89b.gif

“Boban, you got anything to add to this?”

”He shoot, he shoot again he shoot one more time he shoots”…

:er:

ps I love me some Boban boi I tell ya! 

Haha, I love that stupid commercial.  He bouncing, he bouncing again ... 🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

To your point, last game i think I have seen less complaining about fouls as I have ever seen this Hawks team do.   The fouls were blatantly bad but our guys didn't complain.  So horrible were the fouls but I think Quin told the team.. I got this in terms of handling refs.  It's not a "Shut up and play basketball"  it's a "Let me be the bad guy".    I think it's obvious that refs treat Trae differently... and not in a good way.  I think Quin noticed that also and realizes that if Trae doesn't be that guy to complain about everything, we he does complain, they will consider his voice. 

I also say Mary pulling him away from barking at the ref last game.  We're in a 'process', it seems.  IOW, we are not nearly a finished product yet.  I suspect the end product will be something we enjoy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

bouncing

That’s it! :sarcastic:Not shooting but bouncing yes. That’s a good one, btw is that the first one he’s separated from Tobias his bff? :huh:

@kg01 I wouldn’t take a commercial without you, oooorrrr your stand in there, AU! :laugh1:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I suspect the end product will be something we enjoy. 

I sound like a broken record but: We are gonna be damn good once this Snyder course is complete (which it won’t ever be but once we are familiar with the material we are gonna dominate the dojo baby).

In short: I concur 👍 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s it! :sarcastic:Not shooting but bouncing yes. That’s a good one, btw is that the first one he’s separated from Tobias his bff? :huh:

@kg01 I wouldn’t take a commercial without you, oooorrrr your stand in there, AU! :laugh1:

He has the one where the kids are dressed as him or w/e.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

First time I saw it, I hated it....now I snicker every time...its grown on me.

So what, you just post every once in a blue moon so we know you're still alive?  Just gon' show up talkin' about commercials and whatnot?

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

can someone post our defensive metrics as well?

Lol the title of that Twitter is epic.

Swapping Nate for Quinny was franchise-changing, simple as that.  Loving the paint touches.  Gotta switch sh!t up sometimes, especially when the matchup calls for it.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, GameTime said:

Wow this is amazing considering the short timeframe.

I'm done with piling on iRobot but it seems clear the fast improvement indicates they were doing stupid stuff from a coaching perspective.

All we had to do was stop doing fundamentally stupid stuff, which took no practice time to implement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 3/11/2023 at 10:55 PM, GameTime said:

Wow this is amazing considering the short timeframe.

Quinn is definitely very limited in what he can implement at this stage of the season.  Definitely tweaking around the edges and observing what these guys are doing in the current scheme.

• Like 1