• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Quin needs to shake up the lineup

TheNorthCydeRises

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Can Hunter play the 2??

Can he defend the 2?

I know we like to throw around that he can defend 4 positions.. but have we really seen him do it?

We have seen him guards 1s and 2s when we couldn't rely on Kevin or Trae to do it but offensively, never other than short spurts.

Edited by NBASupes

I have no qualms against Dre at the 2 in spots depending on his matchup.  If it’s a Big 2 who doesn’t move well, cool.  A smaller 2 he can bully and shoot over, also cool.  He played it sparingly in the ‘20-‘21 season and was a +6 on court per 100.  Whatever the Hawks can do to get him back to that type of impact I’m with.  I just need him to run the floor a bit harder and get his hands on a few more balls defensively.

Bey is the key as he’s shown excellent positional versatility at the 2,3, and 4 in his career.  Those are the type of guys who make a GM’s job easier to fit pieces.    Jalen is gonna have to put in super work to make his three ball honorable to make it all click tho.

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I have no qualms against Dre at the 2 in spots depending on his matchup.  If it’s a Big 2 who doesn’t move well, cool.  A smaller 2 he can bully and shoot over, also cool.  He played it sparingly in the ‘20-‘21 season and was a +6 on court per 100.  Whatever the Hawks can do to get him back to that type of impact I’m with.  I just need him to run the floor a bit harder and get his hands on a few more balls defensively.

Bey is the key as he’s shown excellent positional versatility at the 2,3, and 4 in his career.  Those are the type of guys who make a GM’s job easier to fit pieces.    Jalen is gonna have to put in super work to make his three ball honorable to make it all click tho.

Here's Jalen's stats since Jan 1st

image.thumb.png.5354a616d5b54b06251a1aec3c00cdc4.png

It's low volume, but his 3-ball seems to be fine.  As far as where he makes most of his 3s, it seems like he likes the right corner/wing on the floor.

image.thumb.png.120444f056a9eaa37f4790e668ac6d89.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Here's Jalen's stats since Jan 1st

image.thumb.png.5354a616d5b54b06251a1aec3c00cdc4.png

It's low volume, but his 3-ball seems to be fine.  As far as where he makes most of his 3s, it seems like he likes the right corner/wing on the floor.

image.thumb.png.120444f056a9eaa37f4790e668ac6d89.png

Yeah he’s coming along slowly but surely.  A little more confidence in his stroke than we saw earlier which had absolutely none.

I love the prospect of him being chased off the line, driving baseline and living his best life on someone’s head or dropping off a dump or a bounce for the assist.  He’s taking almost 44% of his threes from the corner pocket and like most players the efficiency is (slightly) higher than his overall clip.  Bey showing them the way taking 53% of his bombs from there.  By my math OO has taken 5 corner threes and hit 2, aye!

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

LOL . . that last post was all jacked up.  I'm doing too much at work, plus trying to type on here.

Basically, having Collins and Capela out on the floor to close a game, seeing that both can't be relied on to make shots or create offense, is a detriment to the Hawks because our guards feel like they have to do all of the scoring.  Both will defer to Hunter if need be, but for the most part, they're looking for their own shot.

Trae will pass it, but not if he has it in his mind to shoot the ball or draw a foul.  Same with Murray.

If that's the case, we may as well put Bogi in the lineup to close, to give us that 4th scorer / shooter

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...