• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For so many reasons, we must Beat Miami...

Diesel

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Stop blaming the refs, and start adjusting your strategy. A defeatist, victim mentality never helps you win. 

thank you!   Some posters here have just accepted that the Hawks are softer than Charmin and rather than get mad about that they instead cry for the refs to bail us out.          Imagine crying that a team is physical in the playoffs LOL??  This is what the world has been reduced to.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, AHF said:

Both of you are right.  It is true but that doesn't help you win.  The Hawks still need to commit themselves to overcoming the refs because if history tells us anything it is that Miami will be allowed to hack, grab, lay moving screens, etc. to gain illegal advantages and the refs won't check that by blowing the whistle.  So we need to be mentally ready for that and not tilted.  They can still be beat but you will have to overcome their manipulation of the refs.

Translation:  The Hawks need to stop playing like little pvssy ass bitches, put their big boy pants on, and punch Miami in the mouth every time they do it to us.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, shakes said:

thank you!   Some posters here have just accepted that the Hawks are softer than Charmin and rather than get mad about that they instead cry for the refs to bail us out.          

I will absolutely keep "crying" about the refs until they start calling an even game according to the rules.  It was BS was LeBron would ram into people and get sent to the line repeatedly, and it deserves to be called out.  The Kings deserved to "cry" about the BS calls that pushed the Lakers past them in the playoffs years ago.  The NBA doesn't get a free pass on bad reffing because "de payoffs is fisical."  The refs' job is to enforce the rules and call a consistent game where a foul is a foul.  They aren't doing their job when they ignore fouls and should be ripped in the press, by fans, etc.

But I do agree that the players can't have this attitude.  They have to accept that Miami will get unfair advantages with the refs and be ready with counterplay.  That could be punching them back in the mouth but we've also seen refs call things on the Hawks they wouldn't on the opponent so that actually might not work.  For example, if the Hawks start doing all kinds of moving screens there is a real possibility they just get called for it while Herro gets to do it unchecked.  If the refs are at least being consistently bad then they won't call it for either team but I don't think the coaches and players can assume that will be the case.  They should try some of the same BS but be ready with a plan C if/when the refs call them for the same grabbing, hacking, etc. that they are allowing Miami to do.  We may just have to be 20% better than Miami and that is entirely possible to still do in spite of the work of the refs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, shakes said:

The Hawks need to stop playing like little pvssy ass bitches, put their big boy pants on, and punch Miami in the mouth every time they do it to us.

Touch your toes. 

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nice strawman!

Am I doing it right, @bleachkit?

Kidding, of course.  But I don't think any of us want the game called sawftly in our favor.  We just want obvious, non-basketball to be disallowed.

Eta.  Or let us respond in kind - which hasn't been the case. 

I don’t deal with the haters. Lol. 

They just mad Dallas lost. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Ah yes, lottery conspiracies. I'm quite sure the 30 owners could easily come to an accord as to who gets the next generational player. Shouldn't be much arguing over that. 

The real question is why do they need a lottery?  Let's just get to the root of it... shall we?

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile, the Heat's Jimmy Butler calls his shot for tomorrow night against the Hawks: "So as I take on tomorrow’s matchup, and we get that dub, we’ll worry about what goes on down the line."

Bulletin Board Material. 

We must whip that trick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1