• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young voted most overrated player in the NBA by his peers

NBASupes

Over rated?  This must mean that he's not as good as he is rated.  Apparently, some rated him as trash.  Can't get much lower than trash!  Is he over rated as trash?

Trae is not a super star.  His biggest fans are the youth of the world.  Kids love him.  They want a Hawk shirt with Trae's number on it.  Check the fans in the home crowd.  To the children, he's their super star.

Prolonged, season long shooting slump.  I cringe when he misses one of his free throws - - and he does.  Whatever the problem, here's hoping it goes away right now!  We need our Trae back tonight!

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure how you measure that.   And as great as you think Horford is he isn't a star player.  Not knocking him.   Trae has way fewer than pretty much any number one on any team in the league.  Hell he's friggin booed in most arenas.  

Horford is a great glue guy.  Maybe one of the best since Robert Horry.  He's definitely the type of person you want along with a star, or even a young star like Trae.

But he's not going to be one of the guys you need to count on for high level production.  He's not that skilled. You see how our fan base kind of turned on him when we needed him to be "the guy", but he couldn't elevate his game past a certain level.

As for Trae being overrated?  Cool.

Then stop doubling the overrated little PG.  Stop putting your best defender on the little PG.  Stop trying to guard the little PG with the biggest player on the floor, if he's THAT overrated.

They hate Trae because he knows some of the tricks of the game.  And they downplay his game because they believe that he's completely reliant on that.  Forget the fact that he's cooked 85% of the league on a regular basis, they still don't respect his game.

That's why I wish Trae would go FULL VILLAIN. 

I wouldn't go to Draymond's level, but I'd start trolling the hell out of everybody.  My attitude would be like Snoop Dogg's at the Source Awards.

Instead of going at the refs, I would antagonize the players to the point that they would DESPISE my ass.  If they don't respect me, then F--- them.

Trae should go back to nutmegging people and transferring some of those things he uses to draw offensive fouls, to the defensive end.  If people don't think you're a good defender, cool.  Then become a Marcus Smart level flopper.

If I'm Trae, I'm going full A-Hole. ( not A. Holiday . . but a real A-Hole ).  I'm going Marshall Henderson level type A-Hole.

Make them hate you FOR REAL TRAE.

Start disrespecting everybody.  

If they don't love you, show no love back. 

Only love the ones who love you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regarding Trae 'overrated' - I would love for these players that voted for him to tell their coaches to play him straight up - no double and triple teams, don't design your defense to specifically stop him and take the ball out of his hands.  I dare ya!

Of the players that voted for Trae, I wonder how many have gotten nutmegged by him, :laugh1:

I bet the percentage of these players who've uttered the phrase, "I cuud do that if I had the bawl awl tha time.", hovers around 137%.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't know how this thread morphed into another 'Supes love affair with Horford thread' .....

Yall know that's what he wanted.  Yet folks walk, face-first, into it yet again.  He sittin' at home posting with one hand rn. 

Do better, squawk. 

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Horford is a great glue guy.  Maybe one of the best since Robert Horry.  He's definitely the type of person you want along with a star, or even a young star like Trae.

But he's not going to be one of the guys you need to count on for high level production.  He's not that skilled. You see how our fan base kind of turned on him when we needed him to be "the guy", but he couldn't elevate his game past a certain level.

As for Trae being overrated?  Cool.

Then stop doubling the overrated little PG.  Stop putting your best defender on the little PG.  Stop trying to guard the little PG with the biggest player on the floor, if he's THAT overrated.

They hate Trae because he knows some of the tricks of the game.  And they downplay his game because they believe that he's completely reliant on that.  Forget the fact that he's cooked 85% of the league on a regular basis, they still don't respect his game.

That's why I wish Trae would go FULL VILLAIN. 

I wouldn't go to Draymond's level, but I'd start trolling the hell out of everybody.  My attitude would be like Snoop Dogg's at the Source Awards.

Instead of going at the refs, I would antagonize the players to the point that they would DESPISE my ass.  If they don't respect me, then F--- them.

Trae should go back to nutmegging people and transferring some of those things he uses to draw offensive fouls, to the defensive end.  If people don't think you're a good defender, cool.  Then become a Marcus Smart level flopper.

If I'm Trae, I'm going full A-Hole. ( not A. Holiday . . but a real A-Hole ).  I'm going Marshall Henderson level type A-Hole.

Make them hate you FOR REAL TRAE.

Start disrespecting everybody.  

If they don't love you, show no love back. 

Only love the ones who love you.

Lmaooo, Horford is miles better than Horry or Trae Young

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Comparing these two players is akin to comparing a skyscraper to a folding chair sitting in the lobby of the skyscraper.

Sure, that folding chair is excelling at holding up fat asses as they fill their gullet with cafeteria food.

But he ain't SH*T without the skyscraper.  It's not even worth discussing. 

Well shit...just let's end the thread here. What a description. Love it! :laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well shit...just let's end the thread here. What a description. Love it! :laugh1:

It's like I go to a steakhouse and order a great steak.  The steak tastes great because it's salted just right.

But then my dumbarse goes home to eat a plate full o' salt as if that's the main thing.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's like I go to a steakhouse and order a great steak.  The steak tastes great because it's salted just right.

But then my dumbarse goes home to eat a plate full o' salt as if that's the main thing.

stop it bro...you are killing me...my sides are hurting from laughing. 

sesame-street-fall-over.gif

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

stop it bro...you are killing me...my sides are hurting from laughing. 

sesame-street-fall-over.gif

It's like me watching the Cavs whuppin our 60-win team's arse.  And me going, in my pencil-neck voice, "Well gee, that Matthew Dellavadova sure does impact winning.  And, oh, Lebron's there too".

It's not stupidity or analysis.  I'd say it's targeted bias. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

It's like me watching the Cavs whuppin our 60-win team's arse.  And me going, in my pencil-neck voice, "Well gee, that Matthew Dellavadova sure does impact winning.  And, oh, Lebron's there too".

It's not stupidity or analysis.  I'd say it's targeted bias. 

The only thing I 'm going to say is that Horford is much more important and impactful than Dellavadova or a seat or salt on steak (actually maybe I have to think harder about that - salt is a big deal on steak way more impactful than Delladouche).  He is quite important to Boston's chances at winning.  Still a role player at this point in his career.  Similar to Marcus Smart.  Obviously neither of them is important to the degree LeBron or Tatum etc. are.

• Like 1

I asked ChatGPT to come up with a rebuttal for why Trae isn't the most overrated player in the league. The AI knows what's up lol

I understand that some people might think Trae Young is overrated due to his poor defense and decision making, but I disagree. Sure, his defense may not be his strongest suit, but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture. Young's offensive skills are exceptional. He can shoot, handle the ball, and create scoring opportunities for himself and his teammates. He's been averaging over 23 points and 8 assists per game in his NBA career, which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Regarding his defense, I think it's worth noting that the Hawks have put Young in a position where he can excel offensively. While defense is important, it's not necessarily his primary role on the court. Besides, defense is a team effort, and the Hawks have been working on improving their overall defensive play.

As for his decision making, I agree that he's had his share of turnovers and questionable shot selection. But we have to remember that he's still a young player with plenty of room for growth and development. Plus, his ability to create scoring opportunities often involves taking some risks, which is part of his playing style.

Overall, I think Trae Young is a dynamic player with the potential to become one of the league's best. He may have his weaknesses, but his offensive skills and ability to impact games are undeniable. With continued growth and development, he could become one of the league's most exciting players to watch.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I asked ChatGPT to come up with a rebuttal for why Trae isn't the most overrated player in the league. The AI knows what's up lol

I understand that some people might think Trae Young is overrated due to his poor defense and decision making, but I disagree. Sure, his defense may not be his strongest suit, but I think it's important to look at the bigger picture. Young's offensive skills are exceptional. He can shoot, handle the ball, and create scoring opportunities for himself and his teammates. He's been averaging over 23 points and 8 assists per game in his NBA career, which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Regarding his defense, I think it's worth noting that the Hawks have put Young in a position where he can excel offensively. While defense is important, it's not necessarily his primary role on the court. Besides, defense is a team effort, and the Hawks have been working on improving their overall defensive play.

As for his decision making, I agree that he's had his share of turnovers and questionable shot selection. But we have to remember that he's still a young player with plenty of room for growth and development. Plus, his ability to create scoring opportunities often involves taking some risks, which is part of his playing style.

Overall, I think Trae Young is a dynamic player with the potential to become one of the league's best. He may have his weaknesses, but his offensive skills and ability to impact games are undeniable. With continued growth and development, he could become one of the league's most exciting players to watch.

simple question:  Do you think Trae got better this year?

That's my issue with Trae this year.  This is the first year of his career that he didn't improve.  In fact, he regressed.  that is never a good sign for a young player, especially a young undersized player.  those guys have a history of taking the league by storm only to suddenly fizzle out after a short period of time.

• Confused 1