• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it 5-13... Supplemental...

Diesel

Would you do the following trade?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

image.png

We can build a team that would be NY Knicks Villains...

Seriously though, Randle will get a change of Scenery.  I think John would flourish in NY's offense.   Randle can actually handle the ball and shoot.  Just don't expect him to show up in the playoffs. 

• Premium Member

When people talk about the things that JC can't do... the description of what they want is Randle.

• strong
  • ball handler.
  • shoot better. 
  • good passer. 
  • rugged...

The Trae trade deserved no conversation.. but this one... we got to have reasons other than we just don't like him. 

• Premium Member

I'm just gonna say it: I like John Collins.  He's the guy I want to keep in the front court ideally paired with a center that can move out of the post and allow Collins to pick up where he left off before we acquired Capela.  I've followed Randle for a long time and I like him.  Randle is what Capela needs the way a good stretch-5 is what Collins needs.  I would just rather keep JC and find him the right front court compliment.

I'm team JC and I really don't care how anybody else feels about it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm just gonna say it: I like John Collins.  He's the guy I want to keep in the front court ideally paired with a center that can move out of the post and allow Collins to pick up where he left off before we acquired Capela.  I've followed Randle for a long time and I like him.  Randle is what Capela needs the way a good stretch-5 is what Collins needs.  I would just rather keep JC and find him the right front court compliment.

I'm team JC and I really don't care how anybody else feels about it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yall need ta stahhhp

We dont need a player that morphs from BattleCat to Cringer when the playoffs arrive.

• Haha 2

BTW...

JC:  12.6 pts on 9.6 FGA with a 51.6%/35.4%/76.9% line in the playoffs (career)

JR:  17.1 pts on 16.0 FGA with a 34.4%/28.3%/75.6% line in the playoffs (career)

Even if you add in the regular season:

JC:  15.8 pts on 11.3 FGA / 59.3% eFG% / 8.0 reb / shooting line of 55.1%/35.6%/78.3%

JR:  18.7 pts on 14.5 FGA / 50.9% eFG% / 9.4 reb / shooting line of 47.0%/33.6%/74.5%

Just no.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 5/13/2023 at 1:58 PM, kg01 said:

Yall need ta stahhhp

We dont need a player that morphs from BattleCat to Cringer when the playoffs arrive.

Well for one, I said I would rather have John Collins so.... 🤷🏾‍♂️ that should say something?  Secondly, I'm only talking about the way Randle plays, not the quality of his production in the clutch.  He's doesn't need to operate in Clint's space and Clint doesn't operate his his space.  Next to Trae and DJM, he also wouldn't have nearly the pressure he has in NY.

I do like his game, but I'm not trying to swap JC for him.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Well for one, I said I would rather have John Collins so.... 🤷🏾‍♂️ that should say something?  Secondly, I'm only talking about the way Randle plays, not the quality of his production in the clutch.  He's doesn't need to operate in Clint's space and Clint doesn't operate his his space.  Next to Trae and DJM, he also wouldn't have nearly the pressure he has in NY.

I do like his game, but I'm not trying to swap JC for him.

This is what I respect.  Reason...  

or was that reason?

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This is what I respect.  Reason...  

or was that reason?

Yeah dude.  My reason is JC.  lol  Straight, no chaser. I prefer Collins to Randle.  I prefer JC's chemistry and production with Trae over Randle's potential chemistry and production with Capela.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wretch said:

But...I don't tho?  LOL  Collins is a keeper for me.

Fair enough. Look I like the guy but can you admit he may not be the best fit in the Snyder scheme or maybe that’s just me. 

I wouldn’t trade him though because we are gonna get $.50 to the dollar in him and possibly less but then he will flourish with the next team he’s on, I know that.

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Fair enough. Look I like the guy but can you admit he may not be the best fit in the Snyder scheme or maybe that’s just me. 

I wouldn’t trade him though because we are gonna get $.50 to the dollar in him and possibly less but then he will flourish with the next team he’s on, I know that.

I don't think it's Snyder's scheme.  I think it's a duplication of talent with Capela.  The two together are killing our spacing.  Much as I hate it, I finally have to concede to all the people screaming "the game has changed!"  It has and Nate showed me that these last couple of seasons. 

Bigs have to shoot and if you have one that can't, then you need another that absolutely CAN.  This does not describe JC and Cap.  It doesn't describe JC and OO either but that's another story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we must get rid of JC, and I don't want to at all, send him somewhere on the west coast where we don't have to face him as often.  Please.  I want to keep him because I like him.  But, if we must.......

:ahf:

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Um.

But.

How many years as an NBA head coach has Quin Snyder had a C who could shoot. (Yes, that's a period, not a question mark... a statement framed as-if a question... we all know the answer to that, though sometimes we talk as-if we don't.)

As long as Baptist can shoot... and we've seen evidence of-late that he's begun to regain form... I remain defiant that history suggests Snyder is quite content with having Clint as his C.

Would he prefer to have a C who can shoot. Question answers itself. Why wouldn't you want Gobert, or Favors before him, to have that weapon if they could. (Actually, Favors has always been pretty efficient as far out as 15 feet, but to the point of the conversation, that doesn't do much to help you clear the lane for spacing purposes.)

So, sure, it might happen that a deal gets made for one or even both... (I can't say what will happen not having the omniscience of some around here... ) but if that happens, I will be drop-jawed if what's coming back to us leaves us without a legit rim protector at C and at the same time doesn't leave us with considerable salary savings.

Not many inexpensive rim protectors who can shoot in this league, of course. Good luck with that.

• Like 1