• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Moderators

Completely non-insider opinion, but I’ve seen a number of comments basically saying they think we have a deal in place with Toronto with something waiting to execute it.  This looks to me like that is not the case based on Toronto’s desperate efforts to get other teams involved.  That says to me we have made an offer and drawn some kind of line and they are desperate to get another bidder into the conversation.  It looks to me like Toronto wants more than whatever we’ve put on the table so no framework is in place.  

As others have said, they are probably trying for a significantly richer deal than what the market is offering for a rental.  Not seeing signs Toronto wants to keep him so seems like it is just a matter of timing for when he is dealt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Completely non-insider opinion, but I’ve seen a number of comments basically saying they think we have a deal in place with Toronto with something waiting to execute it.  This looks to me like that is not the case based on Toronto’s desperate efforts to get other teams involved.  That says to me we have made an offer and drawn some kind of line and they are desperate to get another bidder into the conversation.  It looks to me like Toronto wants more than whatever we’ve put on the table so no framework is in place.  

As others have said, they are probably trying for a significantly richer deal than what the market is offering for a rental.  Not seeing signs Toronto wants to keep him so seems like it is just a matter of timing for when he is dealt.

Probably 💯 

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

It’s a weird dynamic because his market price is going down not up. Anecdotally I’ve seen raptor fans posting their nonsense trades with less and less value. I think the fanbase doesn’t expect our young players anymore. Whereas before it started with Murray and AJ first.

Edited by theheroatl

Just waiting on the next deal/trade coming for the Hawks.  Then I expect to see:

WOW!  I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING !!

Somewhere the pot is simmering.  They continue to  apply a little heat.  Not too much!  Don't want an explosion.  We've read a lot of different takes on our next deal.  We wait with patience....

🥰

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Are you questioning the insiders?:spank:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

I do think it's probably legitimate Siakam is having to reconcile with the fact he's been the #1 option and that would not be the case in Atlanta.  He's in his prime so it would be a pretty big shift in dynamic for him.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Pretty much this as noted from @kg01 favorite GM ......

Reflecting on his experience with the Lakers, Griffin praised their approach, acknowledging the importance of not rushing into a deal and maintaining leverage. He highlighted the need for Portland’s general manager, Joe Cronin, to ensure he doesn’t make a deal that could be perceived as unfavorable. “The best thing that can happen to you when you’re in Joe Cronin’s situation – and I know because I lived thisis for the noise to be as loud and just the cacophony of voices that are involved to be as loud as possible, for people to make up as many things as possible,” Griffin said.

“I want people to invent as many different scenarios as they can and put them out into the universe because it gives you leverage. If there’s actually a chance that you would trade him somewhere other than Miami, you get a much better deal. “And we were blessed that the deal we made with L.A. in large part was fuelled by all of the noise around other teams Boston is one of them, that was out there as a potential landing spot and it gave us leverage that we probably didn’t deserve. And I think in this situation they’re going to need to create a landing spot that’s not just Miami because it could be difficult to make that.”

via TalkBasket
  • Like 2

Yeah that interview was great. What’s crazy is the leverage created so far isn’t that believable.

I thought the Knicks/Spurs fake leverage that got the spurs probably one more pick was much higher than any of this.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah that interview was great. What’s crazy is the leverage created so far isn’t that believable.

I thought the Knicks/Spurs fake leverage that got the spurs probably one more pick was much higher than any of this.

There's also the fact we really don't need to make any more moves.  And even if we do, it doesn't have to be Siakam.  We're not desperate, we're not all-in trying to win this season, and we have time on our side.  Toronto does not.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, shakes said:

I thought every episode of Kids in the Hall had a few really funny skits and then a few that were total duds.   

That's true of every skit show. There's very few KITH shows that are just non stop funny but usually you get at least one good skit out of it.

• Like 1