• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You pulling our leg, dragi?

If you pull Kl0y Th0mps0n's leg, it'll pop off like a lego. 

I can only shake my head on this one. 🫣. Wait til @JayBirdHawk hears this.  She gon hit you with the cat gif. 

Speaking of Bol, he's on the list of all time hawksquawk legends now.  Guys folks kept claiming were great but who weren't.  Christian Wood is on the list too. 

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Buuu buuuu buuu.. I just looked at me wrist I got time today ⏰ 💃 {in my best Mark Jones “so not gangsta” voice}. :frantics:

Always up to no hood (no sp mistake meaning he can’t stick in a hood}. :dance:

enough-internet.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You pulling our leg, dragi?

If you pull Kl0y Th0mps0n's leg, it'll pop off like a lego. 

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: It’s too early to laugh this hard. I just literally imagined… naw this is turning pure evil 😈 I’m not goin there.. karma has been a bit lately 🤦‍♀️ 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

giphy.gif

😆 believe me I’ve gotten it worse that sweet cheeks. We do have something in common though, our ankles are rubber, twisted so maybe times sometimes I lean ot on its side and crack it with other foot 🦶 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I miss that!!!!

Aye @kg01 let’s throw a party 🎉 in your sac.. 😐 AT.. AT YOUR SAC.

Mark Jones can DJ and 🪨 that biz out!!!

image.gif.2907c590beeb7d290618ee51a6a0eb1d.gif

I think this means @kg01 is actually thinking about throwing the wildest 😜 the sac has ever seen! 

Seriously, Mark Jones, I giggle 🤭 when he comes on the set 📺 he’s like that Chappelle black white dude character 😆.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There were rumors about Hawks/Detroit trade rumors at the deadline regarding Murray. Possibility of this being revisted ?

@Sothron @thecampster @NBASupes @Mikey @Vol4ever

I also thought Detroit was interested in Hunter.  They have cap room which looks like they're aiming for Tobias Harris with it.  Would they trade us Grimes and a future protected FRP for Hunter?  We'd keep salary relief, a future pick and an expiring 3&D wing. 

Edited by Dragitoff
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, thecampster said:

We are mid playoffs. No information that comes out now should be trusted. Teams won't know what they're willing to do until they know who is available.

"We" 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There were rumors about Hawks/Detroit trade rumors at the deadline regarding Murray. Possibility of this being revisted ?

@Sothron @thecampster @NBASupes @Mikey @Vol4ever

Haven’t heard anything as such. They’ve been interested in Hunter in the past. Might be a spot for him. Suspect most of their cap will be used via trades. Though they are heavily linked to tobias Harris so maybe not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

12 contracts + 10th pick and we're 32 million over the cap. If we do anything, it will be through exceptions and trades (rules apply).

If I’m not mistaken, we can’t combine the TPE with another salary to take back more salary.  I’m not sure how we can legitimately use the TPE when we don’t have many picks to trade.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If I’m not mistaken, we can’t combine the TPE with another salary to take back more salary.  I’m not sure how we can legitimately use the TPE when we don’t have many picks to trade.  

This has always been my question. How exactly do we get another team to send us a $20M player that is worth having? We still need to send them something. And we don't have picks. So what? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This has always been my question. How exactly do we get another team to send us a $20M player that is worth having? We still need to send them something. And we don't have picks. So what? 

It’s like they never intended to use the TPE to add salary.  

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again, doesn't need to be only one $20 mil players.

Example, THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE: LAC is in LT hell. PJ Tucker has a 1 year $11 mil contract they might want to move since he's not in their rotation, Hawks take him plus LAC sends us 2024 2nd #46 and a future 2nd. LAC gets savings and an $11 mil TPE, Hawks get some toughness and vet in the front court. Hawks have $12 mil of the TPE left.

Target teams that are close to the 1st Apron and/or close to or over the 2nd Apron and looking for savings, or have FAs they can't/won't resign...SnT so they get a TPE and fake second.

How bout this? And we throw in a 2nd to the Bucks in 2028.

Hawks get:  Portis + Pat Connaughton 

Bucks get:  Capela + 2028 2nd round pick

Pg- Trae

Sg- trade DJ in another package (defensive 2 guard; Herb Jones type)/ Bogi

SF- JJ

PF- Bobby Portis

C- OO

IMG_4988.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawks get:  Portis + Pat Connaughton 

Bucks get:  Capela + 2028 2nd round pick

I like it, but why would the Bucks. They still have BroLo. Both Portis and Pat have player options in 2025-26, so maybe it's a preemptive move by Bucks to get CC's expiring and clear their salary in 2025-26.

But this is a good example of the TPE use. Hawks take both Portis and Pat at $21 million into the JC TPE. Then by trading CC, we generate a new TPE $22 mil TPE which will now expire in 1 year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Here's another example after watching Cavs play without their double big lineup.

They decide they want to scrap their double big lineup. They need a big SF, we send Hunter. Or maybe it's CC as they may like his expiring contract.

Allen into the JC TPE, create a new Dre/CC TPE.

• Like 3

The other missed thought here is that 5 of our 6 most expensive players are signed through 27 or 28.  This is your roster barring major trades.  If 5 of 6 put you over the cap for 3 years, you're going to need trade partners or you won't improve. Other teams know this about us.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1