• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

What were Woody's comments?  To me these comments about him not having a motor are over blown. In Oregan, they were legit, but that had a bit to do with him playing out of position.   I don't want a one way, unskilled center on this team. Clinigan is a maybe for me.  Yves is way too raw and has no offensive skillset.

Ware has the combination to be a really good two way center.  All the others not so much to me.

Woodys comments were something along the lines of “when he wants to play right” or “when he plays right “

he said this during an interview if I recall right. I do agree that Yves is raw but I see Ware as raw too. Even Sarr is very raw ..at least in my opinion.

The only two centers that are nba ready is Clingan and Edey in my opinion and maybe Dukes center (can’t spell his name).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So the pelicans had negative defenders in cj, BI, Zion, and Val but finished as a very good defense on the season? How that happen if their top 8 is riddled with negative defenders 

You’ve already made you’re decision on a BI deal and his fit before even seeing him play in the uniform so there is no changing your opinion regardless 

On the Squawk there is always 1-5 that are permanently opposed to a media conjured deals and they very much make it known as if we as a group have any say. We go through it every time.

Edited by theheroatl

9 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So the pelicans had negative defenders in cj, BI, Zion, and Val but finished as a very good defense on the season? How that happen if their top 8 is riddled with negative defenders 

You’ve already made you’re decision on a BI deal and his fit before even seeing him play in the uniform so there is no changing your opinion regardless 

Murphy and Jones are so damn good defensively that they carried the defense.  Marshall is a good defender as well.  

To add, I’m a big believer in mid career player development, but how often have you seen a player like Ingram completely change how he plays the game?   Particularly one that expects to be a max level player.  The guy has been overrated ever since his freshman season at Duke.  

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If this hypothetical trade were to go through, what would you see as an ideal lineup (considering offensive strengths and defensive role)?  Does this increase the likeliness that we move Hunter?  Hunter seemed to excel off the bench, but he is too expensive for that role (and would he accept it?).

I’d be curious to see how Dyson is used.  Would he be our facilitator off the bench?  He and Bogi would seem like a complementary pair.  

Capela and/or Hunter for?

Is Giannis really a target?  Trae/Giannis/Ingram trio?

Trae | Bogi | Ingram | Giannis | ?

Bufkin | Daniels | ? | Gueye | ?

CDB8C893-297C-4FA2-9AE4-A4D4979FC473.jpeg

59D0C0E3-1E5D-4421-AFC9-0B13B95775F0.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I didn’t watch the NBA this year.  Tell me about what Suggs and Black have shown?  Is Isaac actually playing?

Suggs hit 39% of his three-point shots on a 53% 3PAr.  He’s a strong POA defender.  He’s better as a secondary initiator than as a primary.  

Black was a rookie.  Howard didn’t play much.  Isaac is one of the better defenders in the NBA.  He played 60 something games this year or so.  

20 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I didn’t watch the NBA this year.  Tell me about what Suggs and Black have shown?  Is Isaac actually playing?

KB likes them but I could care less about them and Suggs ain't even available for trade. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, there's no need.  Ingram fits better there though, imho.

Here's where I'm confused tho.  When we had Collins,and everybody in the known universe knew we needed to trade him, we had to accept a crap offer.  Why in the actual F, if we're looking to acquire Ingram, would we need to give value?  NOP HAS to trade him.  We don't HAVE to acquire him.  There are other paths to improvement for us.

As you say, ORL isn't gonna gut their roster for Ingram.  Why shld we bother putting a plus offer out there for him?  Why bid against ourselves? 

Simple answer is Collins has no value with that contract.  He was barely able to make outside shots the last year he played with us.  Ingram is capable of being a primary focal point of an offense.  Utah would trade Collins in a heart beat if they could get a decent return.  

Not being an "insider" I can't say for sure, but it's safe to say there are way more teams interested in Brandon Ingram than Collins.  What we think individually doesn't matter.  The league perceives Collins as a much lower tier player.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_5-11-2024_4-06-08PM.thumb.png.28d09bf6ceab737039dd905be8438737.png

LOL you think you’re getting this for Dejounte Murray and onyeka??? No wonder you hate every trade 

you’re not getting the best defensive guard in the league + two upside rookies + one of the best defensive players in league + PICKS. You wouldn’t even get all the players for those two. LAUGHABLE 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Simple answer is Collins has no value with that contract.  He was barely able to make outside shots the last year he played with us.  Ingram is capable of being a primary focal point of an offense.  Utah would trade Collins in a heart beat if they could get a decent return.  

Not being an "insider" I can't say for sure, but it's safe to say there are way more teams interested in Brandon Ingram than Collins.  What we think individually doesn't matter.  The league perceives Collins as a much lower tier player.

You're taking me too literally.

I'm not suggesting they're the same, value-wise.