• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

@Sothron how does that 1st deal work exactly?  Capela, #1 pick and JJ doesn't match salaries for Giannis.  What am I missing?  Who else is being included to match salaries? 

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This option is horrible lol. By far the worst option. Being competitive with a Murray team and your pick means like the 10 best odds again.

You don't think something like this is a playoff team?

DJM / Kobi / Shepherd

Vassell / Bogi /  Vit

Hunter / Vet MLE / AJ / Bey

JJ / Mo / Holland 

OO / Sarr / Clint

I think with Q coaching it absolutely could be.  Can trade out picks however you want for 4 and 8. Could also trade Clint, Hunter, etc.. for some other player that helps.  Would have options for sure.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

You don't think something this is a playoff team?

DJM / Kobi / Shepherd

Vassell / Bogi /  Vit

JJ / Mo / Holland 

OO / Sarr / Clint

I think with Q coaching it absolutely could be.  

play in. maybe first round exit.  imo

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

DJM / Kobi / Shepherd

Vassell / Bogi /  Vit

JJ / Mo / Holland 

OO / Sarr / Clint

I think with Q coaching it absolutely could be.  Can trade out picks however you want for 4 and 8. Could also trade Clint, Hunter, etc.. for some other player that helps.  Would have options for sure.  

gross

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

play in. maybe first round exit.  imo

I mean, that's better than this year.  And I'd expect that team to get better as the young players mature.  I'm just trying to make lemonade out of a chicken 💩 situation.  Only do it if Trae asks out.  

I think long term a team like that improves every year and with the right follow up moves (could trade Hunter, OO, Clint, DJM eventually for a more established star) could be a contender down the road.  It's not ideal.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

DJM / Kobi / Shepherd

Vassell / Bogi /  Vit

JJ / Mo / Holland 

OO / Sarr / Clint

Two things.  Holland will not be a four in the NBA and replace Sheppard with Castle.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wrong!  This option is the best option if you move away from Trae.  You stay competitive and create an environment where player development is done correctly.  The option you want to go with, you might as well fire Quin and hire another stooge like Lloyd Pierce to intentionally lose games.  The problem with that is that you don't develop young players properly without a competitive environment.  

I agree with you completely.  The key to this is you don't CHOOSE to go this way.  You only do it if Trae asks out and you don't have any real avenue to keep him.  The Giannis thing is a great idea in theory, but deals like that don't just happen.  Even if the Hawks are committed to trying it, there's no guarantee they can reach an amicable deal with the Bucks.  Or that it will even work.  

• Like 3

Just now, REHawksFan said:

I mean, that's better than this year.  And I'd expect that team to get better as the young players mature.  I'm just trying to make lemonade out of a chicken 💩 situation.  Only do it if Trae asks out.  

I think long term a team like that improves every year and with the right follow up moves (could trade Hunter, OO, Clint, DJM eventually for a more established star) could be a contender down the road.  It's not ideal.  

That team is better than the current iteration of Orlando without them adding a lead guard.  It's also better than what the Knicks will be when regression sets in next season, IMO.  They are in for a big regression.  It's better than what Miami will likely have next season.  That team would likely be a 5th seed with young guys like Sarr, Castle, and Holland waiting in the wings.  

• Like 3

Just now, REHawksFan said:

I agree with you completely.  The key to this is you don't CHOOSE to go this way.  You only do it if Trae asks out and you don't have any real avenue to keep him.  The Giannis thing is a great idea in theory, but deals like that don't just happen.  Even if the Hawks are committed to trying it, there's no guarantee they can reach an amicable deal with the Bucks.  Or that it will even work.  

A deal like that isn't going to happen, period.  Because if he does get put on the market, other teams will be interested that have a lot more long-term assets than we do.  

• Like 1

Just now, Mikey said:

Guess Trae didn’t develop while we were losing games! The spurs legit tanked they didn’t sign a POINT GUARD to give their superstar even decent guard play all season. They INTENTIONALLY LOST GAMES. 

No they didn't.  Their record is organic.  It wasn't a forced move.  They still focus on winning habits, which tanking teams do not do.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I mean, if you really want to start the tanking discussion back up, go ahead.  I told all of you back when we did it foolishly in 2017 that it was far more likely that they would rebuild again before they ever became a championship level team.  That's what tanking does.  It's a foolish strategy that offers no benefit long term.  See the 76ers.  

Just now, KB21 said:

I mean, if you really want to start the tanking discussion back up, go ahead.  I told all of you back when we did it foolishly in 2017 that it was far more likely that they would rebuild again before they ever became a championship level team.  That's what tanking does.  It's a foolish strategy that offers no benefit long term.  See the 76ers.  

Yup tell that to OKC. You don’t have a single clue what tanking is or what it’s for 

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No they didn't.  Their record is organic.  It wasn't a forced move.  They still focus on winning habits, which tanking teams do not do.  

Organic to the fact they intentionally wanted to be bad. But you’ll spin this convo however you want just like you did with edeys good numbers at the combine. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I can’t believe what you guys are saying. Let’s keep Murray to be the 10th worst team in the league vs trading him to open up guard minutes and improve their odds for cooper Flagg or Dylan Harper. Laughably bad takes on the squalk today. You guys would rather be the Utah Jazz rn than follow OKC. Logging off 

OKC didn't tank either.  They had 1 top 3 pick in this rebuild.  SGA was acquired in a trade.  Josh Giddey was the 8th pick.  Jalen Williams was the 13th or 14th pick.  Cason Wallace was the 12th pick.  

Got to love these fans who think bottoming out and being bad for the next 5-6 years is the best way to build a championship team.  No one has ever blitzed their roster to bottom out and gone on to win a championship.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not disputing you here, but yall acting like telephones don't exist is killing me lmao we been able to talk across whole ass continents since the 1800s

I have only met my direct manager once in person over 3 years. He lives in another country. Video calls are a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Do the Spurs include Devin Vassell in the deal for Trae?  I've worked the trade through the trade machines, and even though the Spurs are under the cap, they will have to send back someone like Vassell or a less attractive collection of contracts to make the deal work.  I'd be more interested in Vassell even at the cost of one less first round pick.  Adding Vassell to Murray keeps you competitive and keeps you from bottoming out.  

Vassell is also a far better option that trying to force Ingram to Atlanta.

I'm having a hard time understanding the point of trading Trae to get our picks back(plus a salary filler), just for us to stay competitive. 

If you're trading Trae, don't we want/need lottery picks? Not middling 15-20s picks. 

• Like 1

This is what doesn't make any sense at all to me. Everyone is so obsessed with *our* picks. 

If you plan to be good, why exactly are our own picks the best deal? 

I don't understand why were actively rooting to trade Trae for middling 1sts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I'm not actively rooting for a trade.  I'm coming up with possibilities to remain competitive and still have a chance to be in the playoffs if we trade Trae.  

Not actively rooting for a trade. Actively rooting to trade trae for middling 1sts. Thats what getting our picks back and making the playoffs means. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The same thing would happen with the hawks I don’t get how y’all do understand. They would be playing Quin ball with jalen and sarr at the forefront. Not watching Murray jack 25 shots a game and not be a high level playmaker while simultaneously take minutes from Kobe and any other guard and make them the 7th seed. There youngins will play and learn but lose that’s how it ALWAYS works 

You’re actually an idiot if you think this. The jokics of the world are anomaly’s. You need top picks 

Mikey — Do you think Quin would be on board with a youth-er movement?