• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

If Trae is unhappy, it’s bc we traded Huerter and JC for cap space and have gotten nothing in return yet to help us win games.

As long as we stop ducking the tax and put forth best efforts to improve the team, I think he’ll stick it out in Atlanta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Any company, team, business, communicates with their top employees and want to make sure they are happy with certain aspects of plans.  That doesn't mean the employee has to be happy with the decision. The biggest thing is communication.  That's all Trae has asked is to be communicated with.  

You seem to make the assumption that he has to be happy with what they tell him. He doesn't.  Just communication.  Then everyone makes their decision from there.

Not making any assumption about Trae, not sure where that is coming from.  I was responding to comments posters keep making about Trae being happy as if that's some primary goal of what should be driving front office decision making.

• Premium Member
Just now, Wretch said:

I'm not against trading Trae if he doesn't want to be here.  I'm just against sending him to the Spurs or for draft picks.  Trade him for another star and move DJ to the point if we have to trade Trae.

...and keep our pick.

Same.  Send him to an owner that just wants to sell tickets and get back quality players.  Or send him somewhere like New Orleans (will not stop repeating this one as I think it makes the most sense) where we could poach Herb Jones and use Ingram as salary filler.

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Heh, I'm shocked that you feel this way.  What's next?  More shots for Hunter? 😁 

The team has a lot of talent now and I'm excited.  The only thing missing was a 7 footer who can move his feet and play defense.  That dude just fell in our lap and Hawk fans are contemplating not taking this guy...Very strange

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Man, don't feed the narrative.

Why not?  Narratives gotta eat too, marqo. 

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The team has a lot of talent now and I'm excited.  The only thing missing was a 7 footer who can move his feet and play defense.  That dude just fell in our lap and Hawk fans are contemplating not taking this guy...Very strange

What's any of that got to do with Trae? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Not making any assumption about Trae, not sure where that is coming from.  I was responding to comments posters keep making about Trae being happy as if that's some primary goal of what should be driving front office decision making.

Generally your posts relating to Trae have some form of negativity attached to them. You've stated he's bratty plenty of times which again, you don't know, but your post seem to support that you've formed a general negative opinion of Trae's personality/character.  I don't know any of these people and try not to talk about them personally. Do I think players suck on the basketball court, heck yeah and will speak to that, but I never assume something personal about them rather it's insider information or reported by media.

However, making your star happy is generally the goal though in the NBA . Is it not? You can't even debate that Trae isn't a star because if he wasn't y'all wouldn't be talking about him right now.  No one is talking about De'Andre Hunter right now which proves my point.

That doesn't mean you do everything your star says or wants that will be detrimental to your team.  They very well could have the conversation that we are going to draft Sarr, trade a few peices to supplement our defensive and offesnive flaws to help you out here and here.   

Trae may say that's great and may say that sucks.  Then it is what it is.  He can demand whatever he wants, but he's under contract two more seasons I believe, so the team has the leverage.

But the manifesting of these Trae Young trades is outrageous to me as a fan. It's like y'all want them to trade him for pennies on the dollar. I hope they do trade him for Bradley Beal so y'all can be just as miserable as you want for speaking this mess into existence.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I'm not against trading Trae if he doesn't want to be here.  I'm just against sending him to the Spurs or for draft picks.  Trade him for another star and move DJ to the point if we have to trade Trae.

...and keep our pick.

In the event that it is the Spurs, they're going to have to part with more than the Hawks draft picks they own.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Why not?  Narratives gotta eat too, marqo. 

What's any of that got to do with Trae? 

The Murray-Trae back court cannot coexist period.  There is enough data to know this for sure.  One has to go and Trae is the logical choice because his salary.  They both bring similar value but Trae's salary makes him too expensive to keep

Just now, KB21 said:

Not to mention that Trae draws two defenders the moment he crosses half court.  DJ doesn’t.  The offensive gravity isn’t even close.  

I'll repeat something Scalabrine said a few months ago w.r.t. Trae. 

Not that he has enough years to qualify, Trae is #1 in NBA history in combined pts/assists per minute.

His down year is a career year for most guards.  The idea that Murray's numbers are similar to his should come with more scrutiny than just looking at the stats.

That's like my one friend bragging about his prowess with the ladies.  But when we see the ladies .... eh, let's just say that orchard had a lotta low-hangin' fruit so it wasn't classified as a major accomplishment.  

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Not to mention that Trae draws two defenders the moment he crosses half court.  DJ doesn’t.  The offensive gravity isn’t even close.  

If basketball were played on 1 end of the court, you might have a point.  But unfortunately there is a defensive side where Trae is targeted and the end result is Chicago scoring 135 points in a play in game.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Murray-Trae back court cannot coexist period.  There is enough data to know this for sure.  One has to go and Trae is the logical choice because his salary.  They both bring similar value but Trae's salary makes him too expensive to keep

This is a sensible argument.  I just disagree for reasons I spelled out in my last post.  Trae is generational.  If we're gonna build around one, he's the one.  Salary be d*mned. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If basketball were played on 1 end of the court, you might have a point.  But unfortunately there is a defensive side where Trae is targeted and end result is Chicago scoring 135 points in a play in game.

Teams target Murray too.  I have no idea why people choose to ignore this. Quiet as it's kept, Trae is more physical on defense than Murray. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1