• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

Yikes, there are no good trade partners for POR really.  

Just now, JeffS17 said:

And I hope that can persuade him to go to Houston (west) so Milwaukee has a hole to fill.  Lopez is somehow automatic from 3 every time we play them

Yeah so let's sign him instead of HOU.

• Like 1

I gotta admit, the Lakers are finding good value. They have signed quite a few guys, all on low cost deals. Reddish, Hayes, Vincent, resigned Rui on a fairly large deal but a manageable one. That's how you do it. Not over paying the Fred VanVleets and Jerami Grant's. 

• Like 4

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Does that put Paul George in play in ATL?

That's the player Atlanta is targeting but the issue is Miami is his priority. 

Just got word that Dame does NOT want to go to Philly and Brooklyn doesn't have the assets. 

Miami is in the driver's seat. They just gotta find a 3rd team who's willing to fund the deal for Portland. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Just got word that Dame does NOT want to go to Philly and Brooklyn doesn't have the assets. 

Miami is in the driver's seat. They just gotta find a 3rd team who's willing to fund the deal for Portland. 

I would think that the Spurs would fund the deal for some picks 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Spurs are also in play as a sleeper team

lol is this Dame's way of saving face that he's not actually forcing his way to Miami?  I'll make a lifetime avatar bet he does not end up on the Spurs for anyone willing.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

lol is this Dame's way of saving face that he's not actually forcing his way to Miami?  I'll make a lifetime avatar bet he does not end up on the Spurs for anyone willing.

Lol likely 

46 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

For what?  I don’t understand why teams deal with Miami.  Does Pat Riley have dirt on other owners? 

There's always this idea that the team should honor the guy on his way out the door by sending him where he wants to go.

But the reality is MIA has trasshets instead of assets.  So trading with them actually hurts POR.  If you're Lillard and you have all this respect and loyalty for POR, why do that to them?  Find a happy medium. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I would think that the Spurs would fund the deal for some picks 

So what value does the funding team get?  Most of the draft picks won't be really good especially considering there's no Wemby coming down the pike any time soon. 

Just now, warcore said:

Someone's gotta fill Stu's shoes!

.... who?

(Ha, I know this got you cookin', stu ... 'Cause we know you're lurkin) 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That would be tragic!

Years: 4 (fourth year is player option)
Total value: $176,265,466
Average annual value: $44,066,367
Free agency: 2024 or 2025

2021-22 salary: $39,344,900
2022-23: $42,492,568

Upcoming annual salary earnings:

2023-24: $45,640,165
2024-25: $48,787,763 player option

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I gotta admit, the Lakers are finding good value. They have signed quite a few guys, all on low cost deals. Reddish, Hayes, Vincent, resigned Rui on a fairly large deal but a manageable one. That's how you do it. Not over paying the Fred VanVleets and Jerami Grant's. 

True words.

You been eating your Wheaties, bleachk.  Post quality has seen an uptick lately.  Have you been hacked? 🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brooklyn has the best assets lol. Miami heat reporters even said they don’t want Tyler herro. They have Dariq, clowney, cam, plus a boatload of picks 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

@LarsV8 is on point with Lopez. Houston is putting the full court press on him and Milwaukee has put players on the block Pat M and Grayson A on the block to free up cap space. So it's gonna be difficult. 

Pat will be a hawk

19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Portland wants draft picks and young players. 

The issue with Miami is that they have the best team after a Dame trade but Portland doesn't like what Miami has to offer. Miami is in the driver seat

Dame still has priority 

What draft picks and young players do we have that we are going to give up for PG?  (great player— too expensive and oft injured) I consider OO, JJ, Griff, and the rookies to be our young players.  Certainly hope we don’t give up any of them for an expensive PG rental as a non-contender. We’ve already mortgaged our future drafts on Murray.  

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's always this idea that the team should honor the guy on his way out the door by sending him where he wants to go.

But the reality is MIA has trasshets instead of assets.  So trading with them actually hurts POR.  If you're Lillard and you have all this respect and loyalty for POR, why do that to them?  Find a happy medium. 

Honor while detrimental to your own team? Hmm… I hope Portland can get out of the Jerami Grant deal.  Just roll with Scoot, Sharpe, Simons, and whatever comes from Lillard.  They need front court players — not Herro.

• Like 1