• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm good on Siakam. If we made a fair take it or leave it offer, that's fine. But as far as sweetening the pot to get a deal done, no thanks. 

But you wanted Porzingis? 🤔 ok.

6 hours ago, JTB said:

This is a nice all around 3 team trade….

Gives us a bit of security too in my opinion if Siakam were to not reign with us. OO will be a much improved shooter under Quinn.

image.thumb.png.da1e92f54d89f15954d606e64881228b.png

I would do this 5 days ago. Sengun? Are you kidding me? I like him possible better than Pascal 🤣.

• Like 1

So I’m looking at the contracts for HOU…it looks like they will definitely have to get a 3rd team and possibly a 4th team involved if they want to add both Harden & Capela.

There’s no other way without involving 2 more teams.

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's top 30 like Sap was. He's not a star. 

:er: Was Alice a top 30 too?

Pascal>Horford

Pascal>Porzingis

Pascal>JC

Pascal>Towns (ya I’ll go to the centers too, pascal would prolly bully KAT a bit).

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pascal>Horford

Pascal>Porzingis

Pascal>JC

Pascal>Towns (ya I’ll go to the centers too, pascal would prolly bully KAT a bit).

Al was easily top 10 in his prime. 

No chance in hell. Stop smoking PCP and tripping off acid

Yeah

Hell yeah

I'll rather KAT with Trae than Pascal with Trae as KAT makes Trae better offensively and vice versa. I don't love the offensive fit of Siakam and Trae and while Siakam makes us better on defense, elite offense from a big will always be more valuable for Trae than an excellent way big. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pascal>Horford

Pascal>Porzingis

Pascal>JC

To be fair tho, everybody bullies Towns so ...

Don't tell soth I said it! 

🏃‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah

Hell yeah

I'll rather KAT with Trae than Pascal with Trae as KAT makes Trae better offensively and vice versa. I don't love the offensive fit of Siakam and Trae and while Siakam makes us better on defense, elite offense from a big will always be more valuable for Trae than an excellent way big. 

Skill fit certainly matters, and I don’t know enough about either Siakam or KAT to have a stance on their fit with Trae; however, what about culture and attitude?  The player’s contagious/influential attributes cannot be overlooked.  The idea of “synergy” must be considered. ie. Having ingredients in the casserole that bring flavors/textures out of the other ingredients.  

• Like 2

People only think Siakam isn’t legit because he doesn’t talk and isn’t media hyped but his game is nice. He’s 29 but the way y’all make it sound he’s on his last legs. Even with some slight regression over the next few years he’s still reliably a 20/8 guy who can create shots, handle, and pass, with championship experience which is more than the net zero he would be replacing. 

Edited by JustSomeGuy
  • Like 3

No matter how high another team values a player Atlanta must decide how high that they value the player.

Also, how long can they keep the new player?  Expiring contract of a wanted player should be a big no no.  Stay here for one season (rental) and then walk.  Can't pay a lot for this player.

And, finally, the questions:  How many wins do they add?  How many losses do we have from our departed players?  Unless we come up with a nice big gain, why even consider it??

😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah

Hell yeah

Elite offense from a big is mute when the defense is historically bad... yall gotta let this KAT idea go man. He is awful defensively. we would have two of the worst defenders in the league in one lineup. If your bigs are horrible defensively you will never win anything

If you are going to make a big investment on a big, it makes sense to do it on a guy on the same timeline as Trae not on a 30 year old that is expiring contract and has already expressed that will not resign if traded. 

Pairing KAT and Trae is he best thing that can happen, I don’t think Minny is trading him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Top 10 center in the league at that time? Not a top 10 player in the NBA overall. 

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

:unsure:

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Why is KAT's defense so bad? He's 6-11, and a pretty good athlete. It must be an effort thing.

He’s a lazy b!tch.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To be fair tho, everybody bullies Towns so ...

Don't tell soth I said it! 

🏃‍♂️

:batman:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Skill fit certainly matters, and I don’t know enough about either Siakam or KAT to have a stance on their fit with Trae; however, what about culture and attitude?  The player’s contagious/influential attributes cannot be overlooked.  The idea of “synergy” must be considered. ie. Having ingredients in the casserole that bring flavors/textures out of the other ingredients.  

It's hard to say. Murray has definitely improved the synergy in the locker room yet we finished .500.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's hard to say. Murray has definitely improved the synergy in the locker room yet we finished .500.

Fair — I’m certainly not suggesting culture/attitude is a substitute for skill fit.  Just a necessary cake mix to acquire the soft, spongy consistency you hope for.