• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Free Agency 06/30 at 6PM

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sigh!

Kevin Porter Jr. on Monday was arrested and charged with assault and strangulation in New York, a New York Police Department spokesperson said.

“Upon arrival officers were informed that a 26-year-old female sustained a laceration to the right side of her face and was complaining about pain to her neck,” the spokesperson said. “A preliminary investigation on scene determined that a known individual struck her multiple times upon her body and placed his hands around her neck.

The woman was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.

Porter appeared in 59 games last season with the Rockets, averaging 19.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists in 34.3 minutes.

The Rockets and Porter agreed to a four-year, $82.5 million contract extension last October with only Year 1 guaranteed.
JONATHAN FEIGEN/HOUSTON CHRONICLE

This better be longer than JC's peds suspension and longer than Ja's acting a fool suspension. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

One NBA executive said the expected asking price for Quickley will put him in the range of what Brunson got from the Knicks—four years and $104 million. That might be a little too rich for New York, but Quickley can be expected to get something, at least, in the range of $80 million for four years. “He is going to want nine figures,” the executive told Heavy Sports. “And that’s for four years. I can’t say the Knicks will go that high but they might have to. He is not a guy you want to send to restricted free agency.”

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One NBA executive said the expected asking price for Quickley will put him in the range of what Brunson got from the Knicks—four years and $104 million. That might be a little too rich for New York, but Quickley can be expected to get something, at least, in the range of $80 million for four years. “He is going to want nine figures,” the executive told Heavy Sports. “And that’s for four years. I can’t say the Knicks will go that high but they might have to. He is not a guy you want to send to restricted free agency.”

Immanuel finna quickley become one of the worst contracts in the league....

Now lemme log out 'fore all the Kentucky fans try ta get me ... 🏃‍♀️

• Haha 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Immanuel finna quickley become one of the worst contracts in the league....

Now lemme log out 'fore all the Kentucky fans try ta get me ... 🏃‍♀️

Eh, I'm not going to fight that idea too hard.  He is in the same boat as Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, etc. types who are 6th man scorers off the bench.  You can only pay those guys so much and have it make sense.  So whether his contract is great, tolerable, or one of the worst in the league depends entirely on how much he ends up getting.  If he gets too much, that is going to be a problem for that team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Geez!

Kevin Porter's girlfriend suffered fractured neck vertebra after alleged attack

i_23_75_e4_kevin-porter.png?w=190

Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr.’s alleged attack on his girlfriend at a New York City hotel left the woman with a fractured neck vertebra and a cut above her right eye, prosecutors revealed at his arraignment Tuesday. Porter, 23, is charged with felony assault and strangulation in connection with the incident Monday at the Millennium Hilton near the United Nations in Manhattan. He was not required to enter a plea during his brief court appearance.

According to a criminal complaint, Gondrezick told police that he punched her repeatedly in the face with a closed fist, cutting her above the right eye and causing bruising and substantial pain to her face. Gondrezick said the NBA star also forcefully squeezed her neck with his hands, causing her difficulty breathing, redness and bruising to her neck.

• Sad 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Geez!

Houston Rockets guard Kevin Porter Jr.’s alleged attack on his girlfriend at a New York City hotel left the woman with a fractured neck vertebra and a cut above her right eye, prosecutors revealed at his arraignment Tuesday. Porter, 23, is charged with felony assault and strangulation in connection with the incident Monday at the Millennium Hilton near the United Nations in Manhattan. He was not required to enter a plea during his brief court appearance.

According to a criminal complaint, Gondrezick told police that he punched her repeatedly in the face with a closed fist, cutting her above the right eye and causing bruising and substantial pain to her face. Gondrezick said the NBA star also forcefully squeezed her neck with his hands, causing her difficulty breathing, redness and bruising to her neck.

Void his contract send him packing after he gets out of prison.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AHF said:

Eh, I'm not going to fight that idea too hard.  He is in the same boat as Jamal Crawford, Lou Williams, etc. types who are 6th man scorers off the bench.  You can only pay those guys so much and have it make sense.  So whether his contract is great, tolerable, or one of the worst in the league depends entirely on how much he ends up getting.  If he gets too much, that is going to be a problem for that team.

They gonna let you back across state lines, AH?  You know @bird_dirt gonna be snitchin'.. 

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Geez!

This makes me so mad.  Don't even know what to say. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

They gonna let you back across state lines, AH?  You know @bird_dirt gonna be snitchin'.. 

I don't view that as an insult.  Lou and Jamal were excellent role players.  I think that is what Quickley is today and most likely what he will be for his career.  Maybe he takes a jump to become Gilbert Arenas 2.0 or something but that seems like you are getting too ambitious if you are counting on that.  He was the 25th pick in the draft so becoming someone like LouWill or Crawford is a nice outcome for him at that level of expectation and is an overperformance on where he was taken.  

As a UK fan I'll root for him to keep improving, but it is ok to be an excellent bench scorer who chips in on playmaking, rebounding, etc.  His PER, Win Shares, BPM, VORP, etc. from last season all are higher than someone like DeAndre Hunter's for DH's career so he has been legit productive.  He deserves a big raise but he isn't a max guy.  You can overpay him and so it comes down to what the actual number ends up being to see where he lands from his position today of being a huge bargain.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I assure you, Kentucky fans are a wholly reasonable and level headed lot. We have reached levels of basketball sophistication unimaginable by that of the general population.

I wholly concur with my #BBN brother. IQ is good, but not $25+m/yr good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I assure you, Kentucky fans are a wholly reasonable and level headed lot. We have reached levels of basketball sophistication unimaginable by that of the general population.

I wholly concur with my #BBN brother. IQ is good, but not $25+m/yr good.

Indeed, indeed.... 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Any interest?

Screenshot_20230913_181631_Samsung Internet.jpg

Literally could use both of their services on the roster. We need Gallo’s spacing and foul drawing ability up front, and we could use a veteran guard that isn’t also about to retire.

The cost is the question, we have plenty of TPE’s to use but a full roster. Someone has to go out or get cut.

7 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Soooo…. Would anyone be willing to trade for KPJr and drop him immediately? Basically collect a couple draft picks in exchange for eating his $17 mil salary?

Rockets would be looking for useful players. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, LarsV8 said:

Rockets would be looking for useful players. 

It depends on what they are sending out with KPJr whether they will get useful players back.  They have to pay someone to take Porter at this point.  He has a toxic or negative value.  So they have to pay someone to take him.  If they then want useful players back they also have to pay for that.