• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

14 minutes ago, terrell said:

We're never gonna find a good young backup PG are we? Going on how many years now? smh

Sharife went for 27 the other night btw.. lol

I liked Coop but he didn't develop from year 1 going into year 2 at all. Seemed like he got mentally distracted. 

I am hopeful of Bufkin but he has so much he has to work on

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, shakes said:

that's never gonna change.

The difference in age won't change but the significance will.  There is a much bigger difference between a 19 year old and a 22 year old than a 29 year old and a 26 year old.  Expectations should be higher for the older player at this age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know how anyone can watch the first two games and think he's going to be anywhere College Park like JJ was in year 1

Not if they base it on his two games of summer league exhibition play.  They would be basing it on his sophmore year at Michigan instead which is probably a better indicator anyway, imo.  I'm waiting to see what he does but a few games of struggling in summer league doesn't mean much to me.  I'd like to see him slow down some in the next game and focus on excelling at a few things.  Seems like he is trying to do everything at once and isn't mature enough yet to do that.  That's not the end of the world.  It should just give our coaching staff more material to work on with him and his work ethic is supposed to be one of his strong points.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not if they base it on his two games of summer league exhibition play.  They would be basing it on his sophmore year at Michigan instead which is probably a better indicator anyway, imo.  I'm waiting to see what he does but a few games of struggling in summer league doesn't mean much to me.  I'd like to see him slow down some in the next game and focus on excelling at a few things.  Seems like he is trying to do everything at once and isn't mature enough yet to do that.  That's not the end of the world.  It should just give our coaching staff more material to work on with him and his work ethic is supposed to be one of his strong points.

I was basing off of what he would be asked to do as a pro PG which will be his best long term position. He needs a lot of work in doing what PGs are asked to do. Even while Trae struggled, he did what PGs need to do as a rookie fairly well even if the shot or finishing with contact wasn't there yet. Kobe going to need time to develop as a PG but he's shown the ability. He's not going to be a bust 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I was basing off of what he would be asked to do as a pro PG which will be his best long term position. He needs a lot of work in doing what PGs are asked to do. Even while Trae struggled, he did what PGs need to do as a rookie fairly well even if the shot or finishing with contact wasn't there yet. Kobe going to need time to develop as a PG but he's shown the ability. He's not going to be a bust 

I am just talking from the scouting reports and highlights but he strikes me as someone who will never be a pure PG but more of a combo guard who can hold down the fort in that role off the bench.  He took a year to move from low impact bench player to impact starter in college.  I have no real expectations for any of our rookies to step in and own an impact role from day 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is against actual NBA competition.  Not summer league.

Where are the highlights??? I see basic basketball plays and "actual" basketball players fooling around like jumping around the free throw line to block a three point attempt 😆... It's the B/C squad vs the B/C squad with a boring package of average plays.

People like to say people like Hunter doesn't have that dog in him but I don't think they understand what having that dog really looks like. We got a bunch of dogs. Bruno isn't one of em.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

https://www.sportstalkatl.com/hawks-impress-in-first-summer-league-win/

Kobe Bufkin continued to play with great confidence. He finished with 17 points, 6 assists, and 5 rebounds on 6-19 from the field. Bufkin started out 0-of-3 from deep after going 0-of-8 vs the Kings. He then rattled off four makes and finished the game 4-of-10. He made similar mistakes to his 8-turnover Summer League debut, finishing with 4 turnovers last night. However, these mistakes are fixable and shouldn’t be overreacted to at this point in time. It is important to note that Bufkin’s confidence in his shot never wavered, even after logging what was 11-straight misses. It’s obvious the coaching staff and players are doing a good job instilling confidence in the young guys.

🤔🤔🤔

Bufkin’s first two games of Summer League are oddly comparable to Trae Young‘s first two games. While Trae sat at 9-of-36 overall and 2-of-16 from deep, Bufkin paints a slightly better picture at 10-of-33 overall and 4-of-18 from deep. I draw this comparison only to show that it takes some players time to adjust, not to tell you he’s the next Trae Young. However, I do expect Bufkin to improve his performance over the next few games.

I just want to point out these are not my opinions but directly from the article. Just thought it was interesting based on the comment above.

• Like 2

Bufkin is showing some high level traits if you are paying attention to the details.  He's very impressive with his hang dribble.  His technique and mental acuity on the floor are impressive.  Like most young players, he's got to improve his body and get stronger.  I think his overall ball handling ability is advanced, and he needs to get stronger to be able to manage his ball handling ability in traffic.  He's a plus catch and shoot guy, and he's showing me the ability to get to wherever he wants to on the floor.  His pull up game looks good even if the shot isn't falling with regularity.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

well summer league was fun for a few days, but now it's over.    we've reached the point where all the top picks are being load managed.   I only watch SL to see rookies, couldn't care less about anyone who's already played pro.   

• Like 1