• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

That’s a wrap for the summer league.  We got blown out but some positives from both Buf and Gueye. 

Highlights:

First Buf: lovely lefty lay in here..

IMG_8830.thumb.jpeg.1bbaa47e6c71f53743c906e517f3d8bc.jpeg

pull up 

IMG_8833.thumb.jpeg.05d8e1d2225ae5405062df8fa7212455.jpeg

IMG_8833.jpeg

posted shorter dude up and faded on the pull up smooth

IMG_8835.thumb.jpeg.2afbd227a62bb3b0e1e4ebe60b8ee734.jpeg

Tough lay in from the other side.

IMG_8837.thumb.jpeg.ec916f1a6c04aeedc8e307c9f8e609d3.jpeg

floater game 

IMG_8838.thumb.jpeg.96b20733aad43fcc4cfa3fc3cff46b02.jpeg

Gueye now:

Smooth 3 from left corner pocket money 💰 

IMG_8831.thumb.jpeg.93068faa97e05148f91987f33a46f516.jpeg

Tough drive and finish

IMG_8834.thumb.jpeg.13c9836b988c894cf6ec17c99b767a81.jpeg

Swat central :deke:

IMG_8836.thumb.jpeg.706e36a91b1d811a517aed00f2bbf9d7.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kobe played like the dude at the rec center that everyone hates playing with.

Bufkin coming into today's game had a offensive rating of 79.5 

Defensive rating of 111.4

PER of 4.12

TS of .403

FG% of .316

While his PER and TS should improve with today's game, his offensive and defensive rating to do a massive nosedive and its already bad. He has a chance at having a Jordan Poole esque rookie year. 

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lundy looks pro ready and he's probably a year away from being an NBA role player.

That’s a tough one for me. He knows what to do but he needs to work on his execution as well as his conditioning, big time. He’s got a ton of work to do (no pun intended :ph34r:)…

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Gueye can really be in the rotation this year with his perimeter defense. 

Gueye is already one of my favorite young players on this roster. He’s going to be a very solid for years to come once he’s fully established.

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kobe played like the dude at the rec center that everyone hates playing with.

I hope he becomes a good player as long as he’s a hawk but I don’t like the pick. Just was never a fan of Bufkin.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks are 4-24 from 3.. Geez.

Yep watching this summer league has solidified it for me unless we get KAT or someone I definitely want to stand pat atleast to about a quarter of the season to where we can get a better evaluation.

Not worried about the rookies I think they all will develop well and are all two way (offense/defense) players so that was good to see.

Andrew Lang will not be our main coach when the season starts but if what he implemented in summer league is any indication of what we'll be doing we need as many 3 and D guys as possible.

Trading for an "allstar" whose 3pters aren't his forte will lead us to stats like the one above.

With Bogi, Bey, Patty Mills, AJ, Trae, Hunter, Garrison Mathews, DJ, JJ/OO/Bruno (improving), possibly and the rooks (with Bufkin needing to improve) we have a team that can play the 3 & enough defense to play a style that might fit Quinn's system perfectly.

Be prepared to see more 3's than we've ever seen as a team before and although there may be some off nights we have a team that's more than capable of making it work.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To all:

What is the best thing each of the 3 rookies have shown in Summer League.

Just list the positives, not the negatives.

Bufkin: streaky shooter that can get hot 🥵 in a hurry. Plays with raw and natural basketball body movements. Has a good feel for the game even though he’s raw. He’s a natural “baller”

Gueye: Basketball body and god given athleticism with a tall frame. Quick twitch fibers for a big, he’s active as heck inside the paint and on the perimeter, overall is very involved and committed on the defensive end. Offensively, he’s got a pretty outside shot, probably an A/A- for a big specially one entering the league as a 2nd rounder. He can handle the rock beautifully for his size going between the legs and able to move laterally well with handles on O.

Lundy: Knows exactly what to do for his position and goes to the right spots on the floor. A good 3 point shooter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

I hope he becomes a good player as long as he’s a hawk but I don’t like the pick. Just was never a fan of Bufkin.

So I scouted 8 dudes hard.. Bufkin wasn’t one of them. He’s a bucket getter I’ll say that. He still might be included in a trade so I’m not sure what to think lol. These were the 8..

2023 Draft prospect favs Spud

15th pick Hawks

Brice Sensabaugh SF 

Jett Howard SG 

Jalen hood schifino 

Jordan Hawkins 

Kris Murray 

Dereck Lively 

GG jackson

Maxwell Lewis 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To all:

Mo Gee’s lateral quickness, quick second jump, and jump shot. 

Bufkin can get his own shot. 

Seth can shoot and defend. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To all:

I wish I saw this earlier. I just started a post (slightly different but similar).

#15 pick Kobe Bufkin - I see a kid that has some great tools to work with. Mamba mentality he's definitely a Kobe 😆. Although honestly I wasn't ever a fan of Kobe Bryant's ball hogging at least I see some passing potential in Kobe Bufkin and I'm sure we'll develop that even more. Student of the game though and when you mix that with the talent 9 times out of 10 you end up with a great player.

#39 Mohammed Gueye aka Mo G - I was a fan of him as soon as we picked him and I saw a few videos on him. His fluidity and unselfishness was impressive as well as his skillset and the fact that he too is a student of the game and picks up things very quickly. He's only been playing basketball 4yrs I believe so he's only going to get better and be a force in this league for yrs to come if he continues that trajectory. So far summer league has proven he's on his way.

#46 Seth Lundy - could honestly be considered a steal as well at this draft position. A 3 & D guy that knows his role (but can honestly do more). He's been solid during summer league and has shown many flashes that he can be NBA ready sooner than later.

All in all I think we got 3 terrific rookies that are great on and off the court and only add to the plethora of young but poised talent we have on our team.

When the face of our franchise is only 23/24 and all of our young players are that talented we have a chance to do something special for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s a tough one for me. He knows what to do but he needs to work on his execution as well as his conditioning, big time. He’s got a ton of work to do (no pun intended :ph34r:)…

Some of your concerns can be fixed in one year and potentially even sooner. 

• Thanks 1

Looked like once Vit went down we had no playmaking on offense. Our rhythm never got back on track.

Misses led more to transition offense for Dallas, led to more pressing once we were down, led to us forgetting how to cover the pick and roll on defense.

Just a snowball effect as neither Kobe or Tyrese are natural creators for others. Our bigs were just enjoying the cardio without a PG to get them involved in the offense.

We also could not find the 3 point range tonight and didn’t have the ability to grind out tough baskets to get us on track.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3

Thanks for the report.  I couldn't watch the last game.  Whichever network had it, I didn't have.

Great reports on our three draft picks even tho we have one Kobe Bufkin hater on board.  This is OK because we know how much other NBA teams want him included in a multi-player deal.

Both 2nd round picks look like early first round players!  Wow!  Are they really this good?

It seems to me that some of the Summer League team were focused on playing the players on their roster so that their fans could see what they had.  Other teams were a lot more focused on winning the Summer League tournament.  This led to a much different outcome for different teams.

Happy that we got to see many of our young Hawks.  Skyhawks should be exciting to watch this season.  This big trade that looms over everything will probably drain us of a lot of our best youth.  I hate this idea but I have no say-so in what happens.  Just hope we have enough players left to field a team when all the dust settles!

:ahf:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Hollinger's favorite under-the-radar guys from Vegas Summer League

Miles Norris, Atlanta

A 6-10 stretch big from UC-Santa Barbara, Norris was another guy who didn’t show up on many draft lists entering June but signed a two-way and had a strong summer. He didn’t get a ton of run with draft pick Mouhamed Gueye playing the same position, but Norris showed some athletic pop in addition to his stretch capability.

While his burn was admittedly limited — just 57 minutes, mostly playing off the ball and spacing to the corner — Norris’ plus rebound rate (16.5 percent) and overall efficiency (27.5 PER) at least hint at NBA viability, especially if he can fill out his stringy frame a bit. He’ll likely get most of his action at College Park this year while the Hawks see what they have.

• Like 2