• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster

KB21

1 minute ago, sillent said:

Quick backstory. In 96 I was going back and forth with my dad watching this 18yr old. He was shooting air balls, ball hogging, missing shots left and right but he had a certain aggressiveness, confidence and basic skillset to him that I saw and made me argue with my dad that he's going to be great. The future later showed what I saw. His name was Kobe Bryant.

I saw another kid in 2018 same age same type of horrible showing. His name was Trae Young.

Point is greatness takes time. Patience 

Trae was a terrific passer in his summer league though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I know it's summer league. I know he's young. But he does not look like an NBA player so far. 

Not at all..

LF and Kyle saw something I dont see I guess.. Hope he works out.

3 minutes ago, sillent said:

Quick backstory. In 96 I was going back and forth with my dad watching this 18yr old. He was shooting air balls, ball hogging, missing shots left and right but he had a certain aggressiveness, confidence and basic skillset to him that I saw and made me argue with my dad that he's going to be great. The future later showed what I saw. His name was Kobe Bryant.

I saw another kid in 2018 same age same type of horrible showing. His name was Trae Young.

Point is greatness takes time. Patience 

Those are two that hit. The guys that miss are never brought up by anyone other than your haters using it to attack you

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Trae was a terrific passer in his summer league though. 

True. I was trying to sum it up but figured most of us saw Trae's bad showing so didn't need to detail it. Dimes were pretty good though.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those are two that hit. The guys that miss are never brought up by anyone other than your haters using it to attack you

Those are the two I've argued about. Tracy Mc Grady, Kevin Garnett, Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas. I've spotted a lot of talent young. I'm not talking about guys analyst had hope for I'm talking about guys that I personally saw with that it factor at their rookie stages.

If Cam Reddish and Bol Bol end up being busy than ok I flopped on them but honestly it's not because of their skillset but more because of their mental factors and understanding the politics of the game. Same with Josh Smith.

Jeff Teague didn't go as far as I expected him to but he was a little more passive than the rest and atleast got a ring.

I guess my newest examples will be AJ, JJ, OO, Kobe, Mo G and Lundy because I see greatness in all of them even if it's just being great in their roles (Lundy).

Edited by sillent