• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ or JJ

Spud2nique

AJ or JJ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. AJ or JJ?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2023 at 10:37 PM

On 7/21/2023 at 10:20 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2nique

Ranking Atlanta's 3 Most Promising Prospects

3. AJ Griffin
Kobe Bufkin and Saddiq Bey have arguments for this spot, but Griffin arguably offers the best blend of floor and ceiling. He is a knockdown shooter from distance—he shot 39 percent from range as a rookie—and he can zip around close-outs then finish in myriad ways off the bounce.

There are exactly ZERO arguments for Bufkin to be in this spot. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 7/23/2023 at 10:38 AM, bird_dirt said:

There are exactly ZERO arguments for Bufkin to be in this spot. 

I came up with one.  OO and Bey aren't prospects.  Now the NBA doesn't have anything close to an official "prospect" status like in MLB (where you are a prospect before you have played enough games), but the idea here is that an NBA prospect is a young player who has not gotten sufficient playing time to earn a consistent role in a rotation.

Under this, OO and Bey are young vets with over 3,000 minutes each, proven roles on the team, and upside for more.  If you are ranking the top 3 prospects you should not be listing them and that gives Bufkin an argument by default as the only other first round pick on the team and someone who was widely predicted to be a top 10-20 pick.  Arguments can then be noted for Landry and MoGhee as the first two off that list.  

(In contrast, to OO and Bey, AJ and JJ did not have consistent playing time and roles last year and neither has even 1,500 minutes played which is more consistent with this definition of prospect.)

If OO and Bey are eligible for this list (as the list author clearly intended), then I clearly agree with you on Bufkin.  But I find it strange to include a player like Bey who has over 200 starts in  his career on a "prospect" list or someone like OO who has had a consistent and important role in the rotation locked down for the better part of 3 years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

DID WE??? :mellow: Why are we yelling? :er: It’s Friday put on that kimono 👘 and chill 🥶 

I HAD SOMETHING in my ear, it's gone now 😛 and idk why you're putting things on on a Friday, it's time to take that ish off and hit the beach :sun:

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It's interesting the love affair that Hawks fans have with JJ.  He's so bulletproof.   He ends up in comparisons with our other young players who have shown something and when his shortcomings are brought up, It's Nate's fault.   Its JC's fault. 

I am going to put this out now.

image.png

image.png

Then there's Saddiq Bey..

image.png

From the stats, you can almost conclude that JJ gets a lot of his points off of dunks.   He shoots 28.8% from 3 and 62.8% from the free throw line. His passing is just a little better than AJ's in terms of assists.  However, it seems like he has the backing of a lot of people in the FO. 

IUUNO. 

I get the feeling we start the season with Hunter/Bey as our forwards... But AJ could sneak in there. 

• Haha 1

JJ easy if AJ keeps moving closer and closer to Mark Jackson territory..

F3ImBb9WsAAyfnL.jpg.6f0c4ec0484001a40910de5385a0a345.jpgHe

Dude basically tweeted dont go to Beyonce's concert because she promotes satan and deleted it.. smh 

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

Unfortunately,  AJ will have to deal with the wrath of the Be Hive. 

It doesn't change what he can do on the court. 

If he spent most of his time on nude beaches and he was a swinger would you care?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Unfortunately,  AJ will have to deal with the wrath of the Be Hive. 

It doesn't change what he can do on the court. 

If he spent most of his time on nude beaches and he was a swinger would you care?

No I couldnt care less,  but judging others based on your Own beliefs I cant deal with..

Its why Mark Jackson cant get another HC job..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

but judging others based on your Own beliefs I cant deal with..

The problem here is that everybody believes something.. even if that belief is that nobody should be judged.   So Griffin and as you say Mark Jackson are being Judged for somebody else's own belief. 

Why can't it be live and let live?

As long as nobody is breaking the Law, then don't put them in a box of right or wrong?

• Premium Member
Just now, Diesel said:

The problem here is that everybody believes something.. even if that belief is that nobody should be judged.   So Griffin and as you say Mark Jackson are being Judged for somebody else's own belief. 

Why can't it be live and let live?

As long as nobody is breaking the Law, then don't put them in a box of right or wrong?

Nah.. In this life you will have tribulation.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Diesel said:

That's a personal choice that doesn't affect anyone, talking about how if you enjoy beyonce makes you a fake Christian is judging other people and that's not ok in any way. 

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thoughts after 16 games?

JJ has been better than I could have hoped for.  Hate that Kuz injured him on a dirty play.

AJ has been worse than I would have feared.  Even if he is struggling to learn Quin's system, he just isn't shooting the ball well.  I'd feel better if he was just struggling to be in the right place but was putting up good numbers when he did shoot.  I'm worried about what we are going to see from him this season.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2023 at 9:36 AM, Diesel said:

It's interesting the love affair that Hawks fans have with JJ.  He's so bulletproof.   He ends up in comparisons with our other young players who have shown something and when his shortcomings are brought up, It's Nate's fault.   Its JC's fault. 

I am going to put this out now.

image.png

image.png

Then there's Saddiq Bey..

image.png

From the stats, you can almost conclude that JJ gets a lot of his points off of dunks.   He shoots 28.8% from 3 and 62.8% from the free throw line. His passing is just a little better than AJ's in terms of assists.  However, it seems like he has the backing of a lot of people in the FO. 

IUUNO. 

I get the feeling we start the season with Hunter/Bey as our forwards... But AJ could sneak in there. 

😂