• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ or JJ

Spud2nique

AJ or JJ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. AJ or JJ?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2023 at 10:37 PM

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

I'm trading neither

Dre or Capela is goin before either of them

I think the point is that Dre and Capela may not fetch as much as them and there may be a deal that requires one of them if it is going to happen.  In that case, we would be forced to either scuttle the deal or pick between them.  And the OP here assumes we are in a situation where we are picking between them and asks you how you would choose if you were in that position.

I think everyone in the abstract wants to keep AJ, JJ and OO.  (And that all of us would trade one of them for Wemby or Jokic or Giannis, etc. which means there is always a scenario where any of us would be willing to pick between them to make some theoretical deal happen.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkish said:

Option C

Ya I agree keep both and OO, but just an exercise to see who you would keep if you HAD to absolutely HAD to via trying to get a star ⭐️ back in return like KAT, Siakam etc.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I agree keep both and OO, but just an exercise to see who you would keep if you HAD to absolutely HAD to via trying to get a star ⭐️ back in return like KAT, Siakam etc.

Hmmm… I like that Griffin has one more year on his deal and is a coach’s son.  Shooting is also a premium skill in the NBA. However, I also like versatile players that are willing and capable passers — JJ seems to be this. I’ll have to marinate on this for a bit longer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Love both.  Hope we keep both and I hope they both are in contention for 6MOTY.  For me, I think I take AJ by a slight margin because shooting >>> everything.  It's very very rare for people to come out of college as poor shooters and develop into above average to great shooters.  BUT my favorite thing about JJ is his vision and passing which is sorely needed in our front court, and he obviously brings a ton of athleticism to the table which is high potential.

I just have more faith that AJ will become a borderline all-star player in his prime.  He already has great fundamentals to build on and he's like the perfect prototype for Quin's systems

• Like 1

Great question Spud. I went back and forth but I couldn't pick one. But I broke it down to this:

It depends on what kind of team I have. If I had a team of great shooters at I would choose JJ but if I had a team that was full of non-shooters I would choose AJ. 

• Like 2

Just noticed today that while they are not as similar in that Shai is more of an assist generating point guard.. I can't help but notice AJ is comparable in per 36 to SGA's first year in Clipperland. 

I think AJ has a ceiling as good as SGA. He is still so young but he does have the ability to "go off" unlike so many other NBA rotational players and I think that is important to get to star level.

Edited by theheroatl