• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

your all time Hawks team

shakes

• Premium Member

Alright homers and recency bias merchants, here's your chance to shine.     I want to know who make up your all time 10 man lineup for the Hawks + coach.  Rules are you have to list your starter and bench and the roster must be traditional 2C, 2PF, 2SF, 2SG, 2PG.

I've only been a fan since 2018 so my opinion doesn't matter, let's here what the lifers have to say.  

• Thanks 1

let me take a whack at it. I've been a fan since my kid days back in 97.

PG : Trae

SG : Joe Johnson

SF : Dominique Wilkins 

PF : Shareef Abdur Rahim

C Dikemebe Mutombo 

Reserves:

PG: Jason Terry

SG:  Steve Smith

SF: Josh Smith 

PF: Paul Milsap 

C :  Al Horford

Honorable Mention: Mookie Blaylock, Christian Laettner,  ZaZa Pachulia, Pete Maravich (Before my time but seen highlights)  Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford. and many more  won't name 😄

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm only going with players I've seen play.

PG: Mike Bibby/Trae Young/Doc

SG:Joe Johnson/Smitty

SF:Nique/Korver/Josh Smith

PF:Al Horford/Millsap

C:Mutombo/Kevin Willis

It seems we should get 12 spots atleast.

sorry but this post is eliminated from consideration since it violates the thread rules. 10 players, no more no less.

• Premium Member

15 Man Squad...

PG:   Trae, Mookie, Jeff Teague

SG:  Joe Johnson, Steve Smith,  DJ Murray

SF:  Dominique, Kyle Korver, John Drew

PF:  Kevin WIllis, Paul Millsap, Shareef Rahim 

C- Deke, Horford, Clint Capela 

Dudes I thought about....

Theo Ratliff,  Toni Kukoc, Moses Malone, Doc Rivers, Jon Koncak, Mike Bibby,  Stacey Augmon,  DMC, Laphonzo Ellis, Glenn Big Dog Robinson,  Antoine Big Dog Carr, Rasheed Wallace (DAY 1),  Craig Ehlo, Christian Laettner, Antoine Walker, Al Harrington, Jason Terry, Lou Williams,  and Jamal Crawford. 

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Diesel said:

15 Man Squad...

Theo Ratliff,  Toni Kukoc, Moses Malone, Doc Rivers, Jon Koncak, Mike Bibby,  Stacey Augmon,  DMC, Laphonzo Ellis, Glenn Big Dog Robinson,  Antoine Big Dog Carr, Rasheed Wallace (DAY 1),  Craig Ehlo, Christian Laettner, Antoine Walker, Al Harrington, Jason Terry, Lou Williams,  and Jamal Crawford. 

Anyone ever told you that you think about a lot of dudes (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Also this post is eliminated from consideration for violating thread rules.  Shame on you.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

PG: Trae, Pistol Pete 

SG: Joe Johnson, Lou Hudson

SF: Nique, Steve Smith

PF: Bob Petit, Milsap

C Mutumbo, Horford

Coach: Lenny Wilkens

This is a really good list.  I would probably swap Smitty with the more natural SF and HOFer Cliff Hagan but I don't think you can really go wrong with Smitty.  He is pretty good at everything and an easy fit on any roster.  At backup SF, I'm pretty confident John Drew would be in the discussion if he didn't wash out with drug problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawksNWaffles said:

I've been a fan since my kid days back in 97.

You were a kid then? Damn ☀️ I thought you was about my age 🤦‍♀️ #jealousy

42 minutes ago, Diesel said:

15 Man Squad...

Im

sorry did you say Koncak? :huh:

• Haha 4

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The only two I even thought about from this list were Moses and Doc and I quickly dismissed both of them.  (Don't feel like I overlooked any of the others.)

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You were a kid then? Damn ☀️ I thought you was about my age 🤦‍♀️ #jealousy

Im

sorry did you say Koncak? :huh:

Yeah, I thought about him.  

I didn't put Chris Crawford or Rumeal Robinson either, but I think about them too.

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only two I even thought about from this list were Moses and Doc and I quickly dismissed both of them.  (Don't feel like I overlooked any of the others.)

Toni Kukoc, Al Harrington,  and Jamal Crawford were beastly and almost deserving. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is a really good list.  I would probably swap Smitty with the more natural SF and HOFer Cliff Hagan but I don't think you can really go wrong with Smitty.  He is pretty good at everything and an easy fit on any roster.  At backup SF, I'm pretty confident John Drew would be in the discussion if he didn't wash out with drug problems.

Honestly, I want to put John Drew in after seeing him mentioned. I couldn’t think of many good SF’s.

Definitely would use him over Smitty.

Just based on everyone I've directly watched. No 50s, 60s, or 70s, early 80s Hawks. 

PG: Trae Young/Mookie/Doc

SG:Joe Johnson/Smitty/Korver

SF:Nique/DMC/Hunter

PF:Millsap/Willis/Smoove

C:Horford/Mutombo/Rollins

Al is the best Atlanta Hawk I've ever seen, by far. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Toni Kukoc, Al Harrington,  and Jamal Crawford were beastly and almost deserving. 

I don't think they are even in the discussion when you are talking about a 10 player roster.  I am cutting 2 of 3 of Steve Smith, John Drew, and Cliff Hagan from that roster.  Toni, Harrington, and Crawford don't get brought up against that level of competition for me.