• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Hawks Media Day OCT 2ND/Training Camp/Pre-Season

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I think you should reserve judgment until after 25 games.  I think that’s the standard line around here, right? 

Shots fired.

Lucidly... it's a reasonable standard if you're putting on the floor a rotation that is significantly different than the one you put on the floor previously... in other words, reason urges a person to think that if you're rolling out the NBA's only backcourt that features ASG-quality point guards, that on its own just might be evidence that some chemistry-time is going to be important.

But wait, if you add on top of that, you're not going to have a player who the head coach regards as the "6th starter" because of knee surgery recovery?.... and on top of that still... the replacement going into the season is a newly-acquired 33 year-old whose offense and defense have done a cliff dive of-late?

Dunno what to tell ya, but my Spidey sense is that there's just some persistent personal gripe embedded in the quip, given b_d history... no real interest in reason in the first place.

Does your team have any of those kinds of considerations going into this season? That is, is there reason to reserve judgment?

(For you guys/gals to judge. Not my problem. 😄 )

On 10/12/2023 at 4:36 PM, bird_dirt said:

I think you should reserve judgment until after 25 games.  I think that’s the standard line around here, right? 

After 25 games it will be impossible to be exactly a .500 team unless one game ends in a tie!

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if Trae and/or DJ sit this one out?

Ya me too. I think I would sit them. They look warmed up and ready, what’s another preseason game going to prove? Rest.

@JayBirdHawk how were the seats 💺 at the game? Did you have a good time? Any players fall near y’all 😂? Did you trip Sean Wright? 😂 He wasn’t there I know.. 😂 What about Harry the Hawk? Any interaction with that animal 🤣.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder if Trae and/or DJ sit this one out?

Oh my… that’s right you saw Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Did he lisper (w) shttweet nuthhhings in youthr ear? 

My bad Brad but if you didn’t act like a tool I prolly wouldn’t make fun of your lisp.

image.gif.c54eb18dda71d50042f5e0b0a41d1388.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya me too. I think I would sit them. They look warmed up and ready, what’s another preseason game going to prove? Rest.

@JayBirdHawk how were the seats 💺 at the game? Did you have a good time? Any players fall near y’all 😂? Did you trip Sean Wright? 😂 He wasn’t there I know.. 😂 What about Harry the Hawk? Any interaction with that animal 🤣.

Good seats since it's a small arena. It was packed and live. Got some wave and swag surf action going. 

20231014_151846.jpg

20231014_151850.jpg

20231014_151856.jpg

20231014_151904.jpg

20231014_152023.jpg

20231014_152048.jpg

20231014_152138.jpg

20231014_152144.jpg

20231014_152158.jpg

20231014_152335.jpg

20231014_153707.jpg

20231014_153721.jpg

20231014_154440.jpg

20231014_165648.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m liking the options at PF, I think Bey gets the nod due to the need for more spacing next to our starters. 

JJ and OO have a really great chemistry with one another as well.

That is also my expectation.  I keep saying, you pair Bey with CC given Bey's strong outside shooting and JJ with OO as they work together really well.  The skill sets just compliment one another.  (Obviously, you won't just play them in these pairs but they seem like core pairs that make sense.)

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Bey a better 3 or 4?   He can't defend one on one as well as Hunter but does a lot of other things better.  Going to be interesting.  

I guess I see him as being a useful player with some flaws and strengths at both positions.  But we have plenty of depth at SF with guys who can play there including Hunter, Bogi, AJ, Bey, and JJ while we don't have much depth at PF beyond Bey and JJ (granting that Hunter and OO can play some minutes there if needed).  So even if he is a better 3, I think we need him at the 4 for many and very possibly most of his minutes this season.

43 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is Bey a better 3 or 4?   He can't defend one on one as well as Hunter but does a lot of other things better.  Going to be interesting.  

Offensively, 3. Defensively, 100% at the 4. Offensively, he can be used anywhere from 2-4. He does a lot of short off ball movement actions like Kevin Huerter used to do for us. 

Beginning this season, Skyhawk starter (PF-SF) M. Gueye impatiently awaits the consolidation trade so he can move up.  Watching for someone to goof up is another option.  Meanwhile, he grows and matures into that 2nd round steal!

:smug:

• Like 1