• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Off Topic Poll of the Day 8-15

Diesel

What were your fav TV Shows  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Here we are... in the dawg days of summer. ...   Waiting for Sept to see if Landry will trade Bogi/Bufkin/Mills for Siakam...  but this is off the topic...

What were your favorite shows growing up....

I will cover Action, Comedy, Cartoons, and Serious....

• Like 1

Duck tales.. mainly my friends watched it while I ate their food. 😂 WELL MY MOM DIDN’T BUY THE YUMMY 💩 😂 

Perfect Strangers- Balky Bortak

Threes company- Mr. Furley was a swinger

NBA shows.. Inside stuff every Saturday 

Rising stars if the NBA. A half hour show that featured Nique, Bird, Zeke and one other (I wanna say Magic), sweet show, still have it on VHS  hosted by John Havlicek.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Duck tales.. mainly my friends watched it while I ate their food. 😂 WELL MY MOM DIDN’T BUY THE YUMMY 💩😂 

Perfect Strangers- Balky Bortak

Threes company- Mr. Furley was a swinger

NBA shows.. Inside stuff every Saturday 

Rising stars if the NBA. A half hour show that featured Nique, Bird, Zeke and one other (I wanna say Magic), sweet show, still have it on VHS  hosted by John Havlicek.

Threes Company!!  Dang there were just too many shows.    Furley was a player.  So was Larry.  I would be scared to watch if they redid it today.   Since we're on that route... Gilligan's Island!  I would ask the Maryanne or Ginger question but there's no need.  It was Lovey Howell all the time. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Dnice said:

An honorable mention to the White Shadow, I didn't see much when it was on, but months ago, I had to go down the binging rabbit hole on youtube.

Hello Race Relations!!  Somebody go and grab Mr. Drummond. 😄

I used to watch White Shadow.   That's a good pull, I haven't thought about that show in decades. 

• Premium Member

Anything on Cartoon Network. Before Friends there was Living Single. I have watched NCIS since it started and still going strong (started with Jag). My dad loved Sanford and Sons so I grew up watching it too. 

My dad was a big Perry Mason fan, so naturally I was a fan too which grew into all the 'who done it' shows like Law and Order etc....my husband and I sometime write who we think did it on a piece of paper, then see if we guessed right at the end. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Dnice said:

An honorable mention to the White Shadow, I didn't see much when it was on, but months ago, I had to go down the binging rabbit hole on youtube.

Hey,  I just caught an episode of the White Shadow on Youtube.   When I get a chance I will binge watch.   Can't get enough of that racial insensitivity and bad basketball mixed with the after school special feel.   You don't get that on TV these days. 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anything on Cartoon Network. Before Friends there was Living Single. I have watched NCIS since it started and still going strong (started with Jag). My dad loved Sanford and Sons so I grew up watching it too. 

My dad was a big Perry Mason fan, so naturally I was a fan too which grew into all the 'who done it' shows like Law and Order etc....my husband and I sometime write who we think did it on a piece of paper, then see if we guessed right at the end. 😀

Your dad sounds like a good man.  I like Perry Mason.   Hate what HBO did with it.   I loved the blatant sexism and the way that Perry always made the perp confess.   Well not always... a few times there was just so much evidence that the deed was done that there was no need for a confession.   You don't get that on TV today.

Then there was Matlock!!  The South Ga version of Perry Mason. 

And then there was Archie Bunker in the heat of the night.  IF you have Bounce TV, you can still watch this one...

That's a Great pull. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Justified and Suits are my 2 favorite shows of all time.

But, currently enjoying the following quite a lot:

• The Boys
  • Rings of Power
  • Terminal List
  • The Last of Us
  • Yellowstone 

I haven't checked out Suits but I've been meaning too.   If Shooter says it's good... I will make some time.  Honestly, I have never heard of Justified. 

My wife and I binge watched Yellowstone this past Dec.   Yeah, I was late to the party.   Very good show.   Kevin "Dances with Wolves" Costner makes that show for me.  I tried to watch 1893 and 1938 or whatever the spinoffs are called.  Helen Mirren and Han Solo can't make those shows interesting enough yet.  I might pick them back up after while.  But XXXX.. I will make a point to try to watch. 

• Moderators

Liked a lot of live action super hero shows (Netflix non-Iron-Fist; The Boys; Loki; Moonknight; etc.) but my favorite is Legion.  Very surreal show with an amazing cast that was more psychological than big CGI fights.

• Premium Member

OK @AHF  I'm a comic book fan of sorts...  They totally sissified Moonknight. 

I can't get into The Boys... just way too much violence.

I have not watched Legion though.     To me.. The MCU has had a lot of dropped balls.  She Hulk (dtb),  Ms. Marvel (dtb), Hawkeye (dtb), Black Widow (dtb),  Thankfully Loki, Antman, Thor:Love and Thunder and Guardians... didn't dtb.  But it was close.   The Kang the Conqueror stuff better be good.   I have withdrawl from Infinity Wars. 

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

I haven't checked out Suits but I've been meaning too.   If Shooter says it's good... I will make some time.  Honestly, I have never heard of Justified. 

My wife and I binge watched Yellowstone this past Dec.   Yeah, I was late to the party.   Very good show.   Kevin "Dances with Wolves" Costner makes that show for me.  I tried to watch 1893 and 1938 or whatever the spinoffs are called.  Helen Mirren and Han Solo can't make those shows interesting enough yet.  I might pick them back up after while.  But XXXX.. I will make a point to try to watch. 

Suits is awesome! Never heard anyone say otherwise. Even got my wife hooked on it this year so we got to binge the whole series.

Justified has some of the best characters on TV. I've watched it through 3 times and would honestly love to do it a 4th.

Better late than never on Yellowstone. I haven't gotten into the 2 spinoffs yet, but maybe one day I will. Costner is great in it, but Rip is by far my favorite character on that show.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

OK @AHF  I'm a comic book fan of sorts...  They totally sissified Moonknight. 

I can't get into The Boys... just way too much violence.

I have not watched Legion though.     To me.. The MCU has had a lot of dropped balls.  She Hulk (dtb),  Ms. Marvel (dtb), Hawkeye (dtb), Black Widow (dtb),  Thankfully Loki, Antman, Thor:Love and Thunder and Guardians... didn't dtb.  But it was close.   The Kang the Conqueror stuff better be good.   I have withdrawl from Infinity Wars. 

I can’t compare the Moonknight to the comics.  Just enjoyed Isaac’s performance and thought they used the blackout technique to good effect (recognizing one of those purposes was likely avoiding the violence of the comics).  I was really disappointed in TL&T and Quantumania.  Thought Hawkeye and (surprisingly) She-Hulk were fine although my low and very low expectations might have helped.  

I am looking forward to the last Guardians movie but haven’t really felt like the MCU movies have truly hit since Infinity storyline completed.  (With the exception of the Sony / MCU Spider-Man movie.). For me they have ranged from really bad like Thor and  Black Widow to disappointingly disposable like Doctor Strange and Shang-Chi.  The Spiderverse movies have trounced the MCU’s multiverse storylines so far.