• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vit Waived

theheroatl

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Probably just to make sure they have the 15 for camp

We can have 21 players for camp. My guess is releasing him now gives him a chance to catch on to another team sooner than being a camp cut. He has been showing well in FIBA warmups.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Waiving VIT creates space under the 2nd LT line. Renouncing Trent Forrest would clear up another 1.8 million (stay with me here).  The space created in trading both would leave us a near 24 million under the super apron. Almost exactly the amount available in the JC trade exception.

I don't think they'd use it here but I do think they'd potentially use it at the trade deadline if we are competing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Waiving VIT creates space under the 2nd LT line. Renouncing Trent Forrest would clear up another 1.8 million (stay with me here).  The space created in trading both would leave us a near 24 million under the super apron. Almost exactly the amount available in the JC trade exception.

I don't think they'd use it here but I do think they'd potentially use it at the trade deadline if we are competing.

Naturally, the next step is to look up players (or combination) that equal that amount on teams that may look to make significant changes.

3 hours ago, thecampster said:

But why do this now and not closer to the deadline then? Is it a favor to Vit so he can get more playing time somewhere else? Was he not valuable enough to trade for some fake 2nds or even cash consideration (his next team is gonna LOVE him!)? If a move isn’t made before October, then this smells like cheap ownership to me regardless of it we use the TPE at deadline.

Edited by djjob23

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he was someone Landry decided was not going to be on the roster this year.  If we already have 15 guaranteed contracts, that means he must be cut before the year starts unless we reduce our guaranteed contracts.  If you know he won’t make the cut, let him go try to find a spot somewhere else.

Fair enough. If we’re at this point, then we must be completely out of any consolidation trades/roster upgrades. If that’s the case, then we must be going ALL IN on our youth development! Hope everybody does their homework this off-season and comes into camp meeting expectations. If not and we have a slow start (like we’ve had these past few years), we may be playing with fire and Trae rumors from the media. Yuck!

• Moderators
5 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Fair enough. If we’re at this point, then we must be completely out of any consolidation trades/roster upgrades. If that’s the case, then we must be going ALL IN on our youth development! Hope everybody does their homework this off-season and comes into camp meeting expectations. If not and we have a slow start (like we’ve had these past few years), we may be playing with fire and Trae rumors from the media. Yuck!

@JayBirdHawk - Was there a timing issue on Vit where his contract would become guaranteed at some point this summer?  If so, it may be that we aren’t out on trades but were confident that a consolidation trade wouldn’t be happening before then (or conversely just not confident that a consolidation trade would happen).

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, thecampster said:

This tracks.  The old Resseler rule - I"ll spend money if looks like we're already a contender. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

@JayBirdHawk - Was there a timing issue on Vit where his contract would become guaranteed at some point this summer?  If so, it may be that we aren’t out on trades but were confident that a consolidation trade wouldn’t be happening before then (or conversely just not confident that a consolidation trade would happen).

His guarantee day was January 9th, 2024.

We have a full roster, so unless like you said a trade was happening to clear a spot for him, better to let him latch unto another team for camp than trying to find a team after camp.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...