Pre-Season Game 4: Hawks travel to Indy, 7:00PM

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I know many have Jalen penciled in to start at the 4, but I won't be mad if it's Bey.

I think Bey is scrappy and with his new found strength, he will do good at some 4.  Not to mention that he can nail an outside shot. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Quite Honestly, our starters didn't do so well. 

Was disappointed in Bogi, OO, and JJ because they can be much better.  A talented strong big like Myles is a bit much for OO right now.  OO's offense is still maturing.  I don't even know if he has a real goto move.   I can't even begin to describe what happened to JJ tonight.   But Indy will be a problem this season.   Haliburton is a long and tall.  What concerns me about them is when their young players start to put it together.  The good news is that they have your boy coaching.   But Lloyd is his assistant, so there will be some creativity. 

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I missed the game, how was Hunter? His attitude? Is he still pouting he has to fight for a starting spot with Bey after signing that contract?

The same sadly. I don’t know if he added anything hopefully he was being coy, nothing he did really excited me too much. He took it to the hole pretty hard with some drives but I dunno..

Bey>Hunter..

Look if we packaged Capela, Hunter and Bufkin I wouldn’t lose ANY SLEEP. Oh.. and JJ, he’s being cute nothing more @kg01 🏃‍♀️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With three starters unavailable all night, most of the remainder of the roster gave a good effort.  Too much difference in the three point shots made was the big difference.  Lots of film to grade after our 1st pre-season loss.

Skyhawks going to be a tough opponent this season, don't you think?

:smug:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

All we need from Hunter is 18 points 5 rebounds and maybe 2 assists a game. That’s asking a lot. JJ and big O need to go up stronger in the paint and finish hard . I like what Bey brings to the table.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

If Hunter can pick up more steals he would be compared more to OG. He has to be super aggressive in order for me to believe in him as a SF.

If he can start with deflections and being disruptive, I'll take it.

He's not a quick twitch, instinctual player....more robotic and calculated.

• Like 1