• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Woah! Brutal.

Not sure what Vaughn is doing.

@kg01 the book might be out on your boy Mikal.🤓

Haha, that ain't my boy.  I been told yall he's a fraud.  To be clear, he's a good player and of course he kills us (who doesnt?).  But folks calling him a future star got drunk off kool-aid plus more minutes/shots.  He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option at most.

Cam Thomas is trash.  I can't believe people are falling for Jamal Crawford 2.0.  6th man at best.  Dinwiddie has lost several steps and was never great to begin with.  Royse O'Neal?  He's just there to fill out the picture.  He shouldn't be scoring anyways.

Folks finally realizing what nostra-kg-damus has been seeing ..... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But folks calling him a future star got drunk off kool-aid plus more minutes/shots.  He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option at most.

Agreed. I don't think he's a guy to build your team around. He's a guy you build with.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, that ain't my boy.  I been told yall he's a fraud.  To be clear, he's a good player and of course he kills us (who doesnt?).  But folks calling him a future star got drunk off kool-aid plus more minutes/shots.  He needs to be a 2nd or 3rd option at most.

Cam Thomas is trash.  I can't believe people are falling for Jamal Crawford 2.0.  6th man at best.  Dinwiddie has lost several steps and was never great to begin with.  Royse O'Neal?  He's just there to fill out the picture.  He shouldn't be scoring anyways.

Folks finally realizing what nostra-kg-damus has been seeing ..... 

He is what we dreamed Hunter would be in his best case scenario.  (Which was never a true superstar).  So I'm agreeing with you but I think he makes for a very good second option on the right team and beast of a 3rd option on a stacked one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nets still better than us….

Imagine how bad we have to be that we are still 2 games behind a squad that went 2-8 in their last 10 games.

You're one mean summama-bish.

😄

1 hour ago, AHF said:

He is what we dreamed Hunter would be in his best case scenario.  (Which was never a true superstar).  So I'm agreeing with you but I think he makes for a very good second option on the right team and beast of a 3rd option on a stacked one.

Agreed.  My issue with him is folks claiming he's a star.  He's not that.  I'd take him to play behind Trae in a heartbeat. 

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hey!  I remember losing to those guys a couple weeks ago. 

Not on my watch tho!

That was the BIL game where I gave copious amounts of cash sh*t to my net fan BIL. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.  My issue with him is folks claiming he's a star.  He's not that.  I'd take him to play behind Trae in a heartbeat. 

That is fair but I'd also caution against underrating him based on the down streak he is currently in.  I'd call his true value right  now (on a team that will feature him offensively) somewhere between last year's run with the Nets and this year's performance.  Excellent but not MVP level offensive talent who is a standout wing defender on the other side of the ball.  He isn't in the conversation with the best in the game but I'd put him in the range of and ahead of some of the Jalen Brunson, Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Jaylen Brown, Paul George, Donovan Mitchell, etc. types of players.  Most of those guys would be better fits on some teams than others but I feel like one of the strengths of Bridges is that he could fit in any lineup on any team because of his versatile, two-way game.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, AHF said:

His role in Phoenix was perfect. He (and Cam *Johnson) were such key pieces for them. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

His role in Phoenix was perfect. He (and Cam *Johnson) were such key pieces for them. 

I think he could do well with a bigger role as a scorer than he had there but he was great for them.  Super efficient, super productive.  He is being stretched a bit too far in his current role.

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Damn, John Collins, Kris Dunn and the Jazz beat the Bucks like they stole something. 

The Bucks, who trailed 77-46 at the half, scored 44 points in the third quarter to pull within 100-90 entering the final period.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Damn, John Collins, Kris Dunn and the Jazz beat the Bucks like they stole something. 

John Collins last 5..

image.png

Forget the numbers for a minute.  They have beaten Milwaukee, Philly, and Dallas...  They have played 5 games in 7 days.   JC's lowest shooting percentage in this time is 53%.  The memory of Rudy Gay doesn't make up for the loss of JC. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1