• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 NBA Regular Season: Notes/Tidbits/Updates etc.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

NBA plans for draft to become two-night event, sources say

• wojnarowski_adrian.png&h=80&w=80&scale=c
    Adrian Wojnarowski, ESPNJan 11, 2024, 12:53 PM ET

The NBA is finalizing plans to turn the 2024 draft into a two-night event in Brooklyn, sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The draft would split into first and second rounds on successive nights -- June 26-27 -- but the league must still get final approval from the National Basketball Players Association before the plan can be made official, sources said.

The NBA and the union have been in regular conversation, sources said.

Among a number of reasons for the expansion of the event, including the programming for television rights partners, the NBA and teams are hopeful that the hours between Wednesday night's first round and Thursday's second round will give teams more time to make trades and plan out strategies for the second night.

Teams have been frustrated with the chaotic speed of the second round and believe there could be more order in the process with a day between the picks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Lol, exactly.  Why?  Monti wants moar vets?  But why?  Just tank, bro.  Play the rooks. 

Same exact thought I had.. why just why...  that is a trainwreck situation

assuming he wants older players TBH

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

lol wtf why

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Lol, exactly.  Why?  Monti wants moar vets?  But why?  Just tank, bro.  Play the rooks. 

Salary dumping Bagley and his $12 mil next season. Gallo and Moose are expiring, so more capspace in the offseason, ~$60 mil-ish....setting up to offer Siakam a max contract? 🙃

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes we forget the human side of trades.

Too often, I think we forget the human side of the whole game. These aren't robots that have 100% predictable binary responses. They're not parts that you can just swap in and out. There is very much a mental aspect of this game that IMO affects things moreso than anything else. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Clearing Cap Space. 

They want somebody this summer.   Maybe make a strong run at some of Philly's free agents. 

Cade, Jaden, Duren = Locked in.

Maybe they want Tobias Harris?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Clearing Cap Space. 

They want somebody this summer.   Maybe make a strong run at some of Philly's free agents. 

Cade, Jaden, Duren = Locked in.

Maybe they want Tobias Harris?

Eh, I guess.  In my defense, I'm not used to seeing a front office having an actual plan so ... 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

The dude Ayton gonna miss today's game because of icy roads in his neighborhood.  I on't even believe him.  I think he just don't wanna get outta his snuggy.  Him cold. 

Wait that was real? I thought it was a joke wtf. 😬 🧊 

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

TOR waived Koloko?   Thoughts? 

💭 🤨 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

The dude Ayton gonna miss today's game because of icy roads in his neighborhood.  I on't even believe him.  I think he just don't wanna get outta his snuggy.  Him cold. 

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait that was real? I thought it was a joke wtf. 😬 🧊 

💭 🤨 

Apparently very true. They even sent some staffers to get him and they couldn't get through.

• Haha 2