• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Referendum on Hunter....

Diesel

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What are they 6 games below .500.  3-8 without him?  Yeah you are right...Not difference if you are a hater but us people who passed math do notice

Soooo, we're losing games because of Hunter (specifically his lack of availability)? I guess we agree on that point. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Soooo, we're losing games because of Hunter (specifically his lack of availability)? I guess we agree on that point. 

You are not making the same argument others were making.  They were making the argument that we are better off without Hunter because of Bey.  This injury period was suppose to allow them to rethink their position but some remain resistant.  I'm assuming you are making the argument that we are better with him but unfortunately he is injured and unavailable.

You don't miss the water until the well runs dry!

You don't miss our big PF until he's out, injured!

He's not so good that he's great.  But he's not as bad as some here believe.

Squawk posters are not half believers.  Either we love or hate one of our own.  To me, one of our worst thing that we do, run down the players we wish they would trade.  He has no value.  Trade him.  If other NBA teams believe us, our players have very low value and should be easy to trade for.  

:ahf:

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

We would at least be 5 - 6 or 6 - 5 in that 11 game stretch, if Hunter were available.

Bey has been that horrible in some of our losses.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

The way the roster is constructed, we are not a good team without Hunter. Bey needs to be coming off the bench, and our lack of depth makes him starting even worse. Dre can be an infuriating player, but I know he’s not going to go 0-12 (0-6) for us. I’d gladly take Dre’s 15 points per game, defense, and 40% three point shooting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Love it!  Double and triple down on your erroneous past judgments even when it is obvious that the problems of this team lies elsewhere.  This is the thing that frustrates @NBASupes and myself.

And you can add some more to it smart guy.  He's a middling player on a bad team. Your feels don't mean much.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, deester11 said:

And you can add some more to it smart guy.  He's a middling player on a bad team. Your feels don't mean much.

You didn't even understand what I said but whatever!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

You didn't even understand what I said but whatever!

I'm admittedly anti Hunter.  I acknowledge he is the best we have defensively on the wing.  I don't subscribe to the theory that this team would be infinitely better with him. .500 would make us all feel better? Not me. I try not to attack our players...but this core has been flawed for 2 years. Maybe it's because he's a symptom...not THE problem. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, deester11 said:

I'm admittedly anti Hunter.  I acknowledge he is the best we have defensively on the wing.  I don't subscribe to the theory that this team would be infinitely better with him. .500 would make us all feel better? Not me. I try not to attack our players...but this core has been flawed for 2 years. Maybe it's because he's a symptom...not THE problem. 

So the interpretation is others on this team are bad so I'm going to blame Hunter regardless?.. Even when he isn't playing.  Maybe someone can find logic in this post but most won't.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So the interpretation is others on this team are bad so I'm going to blame Hunter regardless?.. Even when he isn't playing.  Maybe someone can find logic in this post but most won't.

You arguing with yourself or what? I didn't...perhaps someone else did...blame Hunter for us sucking. That's a separate argument. To better clarify....WITH..OR WITHOUT HIM, this team is middling.  Terribly constructed.  That's what I said.  If you interpret that as me blaming Hunter...that's on you.  Not me. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

What are they 6 games below .500.  3-8 without him?  Yeah you are right...Not difference if you are a hater but us people who passed math do notice

3-8 is 5 games below .500 which means still a losing record with him.

Hunter has missed 18 games where the team has gone 7-11 which is 4 below .500.

Also, missing 18 games is really bad.  That is almost half the season.

All that said, we definitely are worse without him so anyone who thinks he hurts the team or is useless should consider the data to weigh heavily against that this season.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

All that said, we definitely are worse without him so anyone who thinks he hurts the team or is useless should consider the data to weigh heavily against that this season.

This is exactly what they are arguing or that this team is so bad that it doesn't matter whether he plays or not.  Now they would never include other players on this team in such discussion like our starting point guard

Just now, Peoriabird said:

This is exactly what they are arguing or that this team is so bad that it doesn't matter whether he plays or not.  Now they would never include other players on this team in such discussion like our starting point guard

Who is THEY? LMAO.  I don't think Hunter is the one player we just can't be without. Lmao.  This team is terrible.  If the data says he impacts the team..that's rather irrefutable.  OK..we win 3 more games.  That's soothing?  If I've blamed Hunter..I've blamed..Bey, Capela, OO, Trae.  I am equal opportunity blamer. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Who is THEY? LMAO.  I don't think Hunter is the one player we just can't be without. Lmao.  This team is terrible. 

If the team is horrible then it doesn't matter who plays according to you because they will lose regardless.  So why try to evaluate who helps this helpless team.  At least this is what your post sounds like.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, deester11 said:

.I've blamed..Bey, Capela, OO, Trae.  I am equal opportunity blamer. 

Haven't seen those post and certainly haven't seen post stating are an admitted Trae hater.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Love it!  Double and triple down on your erroneous past judgments even when it is obvious that the problems of this team lies elsewhere.  This is the thing that frustrates @NBASupes and myself.

Some people don't understand that a player's biggest ability is availability.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Some people don't understand that a player's biggest ability is availability.  

Don't tell me you are changing your stance as well?  You were clearly in the "we are better off with Bey starting over Hunter" camp.  Now you are on the "I wish Hunter would stay healthy" camp?

17 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

You don't miss the water until the well runs dry!

You don't miss our big PF until he's out, injured!

He's not so good that he's great.  But he's not as bad as some here believe.

Squawk posters are not half believers.  Either we love or hate one of our own.  To me, one of our worst thing that we do, run down the players we wish they would trade.  He has no value.  Trade him.  If other NBA teams believe us, our players have very low value and should be easy to trade for.  

:ahf:

The issue with 12 is that we needed him to improve, to make the team better.  Not just be average or slightly below average.

It's the frustration that he isn't even arguably a top 20 SF in the league, that rubs people the wrong way about him.  And if he isn't a top 20 SF, we grossly overpaid to keep him here.  What has he improved this season?

• 3 point shooting:   YES
  • rebounding:  NO
  • playmaking:   NO
  • defense:   NO

If he has maxed out as a player, we either need to bring someone here who can take his starting spot and move him to the bench.

Or we need to trade him for that type of player who can bring more to the table.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You are not making the same argument others were making.  They were making the argument that we are better off without Hunter because of Bey.  This injury period was suppose to allow them to rethink their position but some remain resistant.  I'm assuming you are making the argument that we are better with him but unfortunately he is injured and unavailable.

If the shoe was on the other foot... and it was Bey who was out and Hunter who was  here... we'd still fill the lack in our Wings. Too many times, Hawks fans take an either/or position when it can truly be a both/and.    We'd be better with Hunter and Bey playing.. but we don't have Hunter right now so we're kinda at the mercy of if Mathews can have a good game.   The defense is just evident...  Hunter is 6'875  225 lbs.  He's one of the biggest wings.. can play 3 or 4 and be effective.  He has better one on one defense than Bey.  and is a 14 ppg scorer. 

We don't get any of that back when we sub him out for Mathews. 

And for whatever reason, our coach won't play AJ.   Even Nate played AJ. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

If the shoe was on the other foot... and it was Bey who was out and Hunter who was  here... we'd still fill the lack in our Wings. Too many times, Hawks fans take an either/or position when it can truly be a both/and.    We'd be better with Hunter and Bey playing.. but we don't have Hunter right now so we're kinda at the mercy of if Mathews can have a good game.   The defense is just evident...  Hunter is 6'875  225 lbs.  He's one of the biggest wings.. can play 3 or 4 and be effective.  He has better one on one defense than Bey.  and is a 14 ppg scorer. 

We don't get any of that back when we sub him out for Mathews. 

And for whatever reason, our coach won't play AJ.   Even Nate played AJ. 

JJ can play the 3

• Like 1