• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UNTraeDABLE

Spud2nique

Lots of folks playing the hatin game not here but in other social media platforms as well.

Today’s game is HEAVY on PICK N ROLL.

Trae is a top 3 PNR’er in the league based on his passing, he’s THE BEST PASSER IN THE LEAGUE.

2 guys I would trade for Trae..

1. Wemby

2. Giannis

That is it. That is all. 

That’s my honest answer. 

Dude can’t be traded, SPECIALLY from our franchise. We can’t lose him, ever.

Do you trade him for anyone? Chime in… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll obviously trade any top 20 player for Trae. Trae is in that 25-35 range with guys who I wouldn't trade for Trae. 

The others are

Wemby obviously 

Thompson Twins, either one. 

Chet

Mikal

LaMelo

Barnes

Paolo 

Mobley

Probably Jalen Green

Probably Jalen Williams

Zion

Ja who's outside the top 30 right now

The worst player I'll trade Trae for is Trae and a roster filler for is a package of Cade Cunningham and Bojan. Cade upside isn't quite superstar to me. I think his upside is Iso Joe level ish but he does something I really like if he was a 2 instead of a 1. I think Detroit simply has him in the wrong position and I like his fit Murray. I do think he gives us the ability to finally move from Clint and start OO as well next to JJ. So I would trade him for Cade too. 

Guys I wouldn't: Siakam, KAT, Gobert, LaVine, Kyrie, AD, Garland, Brunson, JJJ, etc. Guys basically in his range or near it who are also young vets or vets. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He specifically didn't want to come here. Travis actually wanted him.

Ya I remember that. Like Conley in 2007 but we weren’t about to pick him 3rd over ya boy anyways. I remember that draft I was IN LOVE WITH KD FROM TEXAS. 

We snuck in the top 3..

Commercial break… 

3rd pick goes to…. The Atlanta Hawks.

I fell on my knees.. 😞 Just 2 years ago we had missed out on Cp3 and now this..

What the heck would have happened had we landed #2. We were guaranteed KD cuz EVERYONE was taking Oden first.

KD.JJ..Bibby. Smoove.. Marv (prolly flipped real quick) Zaza… 

🤔… wonder how far we would have gone with KD on board, even if he stayed with us as long as he did with OKC that’s a good decade in the East. He and Lebron would have prolly clashed a lot in eastern conference finals appearances after the Celts faded in 2011… Hawks Cavs Hawks Heat..

Crazy to think about.

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Lots of folks playing the hatin game not here but in other social media platforms as well.

Today’s game is HEAVY on PICK N ROLL.

Trae is a top 3 PNR’er in the league based on his passing, he’s THE BEST PASSER IN THE LEAGUE.

2 guys I would trade for Trae..

1. Wemby

2. Giannis

That is it. That is all. 

That’s my honest answer. 

Dude can’t be traded, SPECIALLY from our franchise. We can’t lose him, ever.

Do you trade him for anyone? Chime in… 

Sorry I totally forgot the Joker 🃏.

1. Wemby

2. Joker 🃏 

3. Giannis

Ok, that’s it 😊 

Although with Jokic I do still have to question how long before his body starts breaking down. I mean, traditionally bigs break faster and easier than smalls.

Having said that, I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t at least entertain it.

But Trae man, I don’t understand y’all squawkers are watching the games, we are witnessing Trae’s passing, how can you people say you would trade him for 15 or even 30 players..  wow.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sorry I totally forgot the Joker 🃏.

1. Wemby

2. Joker 🃏 

3. Giannis

Ok, that’s it 😊 

Although with Jokic I do still have to question how long before his body starts breaking down. I mean, traditionally bigs break faster and easier than smalls.

Having said that, I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t at least entertain it.

But Trae man, I don’t understand y’all squawkers are watching the games, we are witnessing Trae’s passing, how can you people say you would trade him for 15 or even 30 players..  wow.

Easy, it's because we want to win titles or at least become a contender. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Easy, it's because we want to win titles or at least become a contender. 

He’s 25, not even in his prime. Which past NBA stats led their respective teams to a trophy 🏆 before 25… prolly a few but not many.

Hell, Stockton never did it. Chill ..

18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Probably about 30 players.

Agreed.  You gotta think most all the young stars on rookie contracts plus most of the players in the top 25.  Guys super old like LeBron I wouldn't trade him for.

It kills me to say it b/c Trae is my favorite player, and i want nothing more than for us to be successful with him but if he can't fix his shot it's never going to work.  The more I think about DJ at the point with another 2-way type 2 guard makes us a much bigger lineup, much better defensively and rebounding.  Think about someone like Jalen Brown and DJM as the starting backcourt.  We will lose some passing for sure though.  Not that I think we'd be willing to pay for that contract but the fit would be incredible.

• Like 1

The entire goal, or at least it should be, of every NBA team is to win it all.  Odds are not very good.  Look how many NBA teams that exist right now (Expansion is being discussed) and only one team can win it all each season.

The question is, "Can the Atlanta Hawks win it all with Trae Young?"  If not, how close can they come?  

:smug:

4 hours ago, AtLaS said:

Agreed.  You gotta think most all the young stars on rookie contracts plus most of the players in the top 25.  Guys super old like LeBron I wouldn't trade him for.

It kills me to say it b/c Trae is my favorite player, and i want nothing more than for us to be successful with him but if he can't fix his shot it's never going to work.  The more I think about DJ at the point with another 2-way type 2 guard makes us a much bigger lineup, much better defensively and rebounding.  Think about someone like Jalen Brown and DJM as the starting backcourt.  We will lose some passing for sure though.  Not that I think we'd be willing to pay for that contract but the fit would be incredible.

That's what I am thinking about. A 2 who can really hoop next to Murray. That's what We need. OO and JJ can be out 4 and 5 like the Smoove and Al era

• Like 2

Hi guys!  Long-time reader, first-time poster.  I thoroughly enjoy the convos, recaps, opinions, insider scoops, fandom, jokes, and your guys’ passion.  

I want to know your guys’ thoughts on this angle:

Trae brings us something that’s rare in sports (and this city) - box office.  He’s like ‘Nique, Vick, Acuna.  Didn’t win a ‘chip, but produced a generation of young fans.  I grew up in Atlanta during the 98 Falcons SB run, and no one cared.  Vick came, and everything changed.  
Trading ‘Nique was a mistake.  We overthought.  
A good, well-balanced team (like the 60 win Hawks) will be forgotten in history; but the Run TMC Warriors or AI Sixers won’t be.  

I guess what I’m saying:

even though SGA or Embid are better players, they don’t bring us closer to a ‘chip if we trade 1 for 1.  Every year only like 3-4 teams can realistically compete.  Only like 2 players a generation can single-handily do that (Kobe and DWade and KG were like 5th seeds until they had stacked teams).  
For us to compete, we need JJ, AJ, OO etc. to take leaps.  If they do, we’re contenders with Trae.  

His value is beyond his talent.  

Thank you for reading this much:)

with sincere love. 

• Like 3