• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UNTraeDABLE

Spud2nique

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

But why is he getting wide open shots? We have DJ whose better than any secondary player they have.

He's getting open shots due to the shooters he has on the floor with him, and because for some reason, coaches haven't game planned around Haliburton like he's a legit star player in the league yet. 

Now that the Pacers are winning, that may change.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

At first glance, it's an eye-opener fore sure...but I'd be interested in understanding how this is calculated.  If it's only tracking scoring attempts off of isolation then yikes.  If it's tracking all isolation plays, then it's a tilted stat penalizing him for passing.

Other than that, it's interesting that he's so low on the possession side.  An indicator of Quin moving the ball and validated by our climb from the bottom of the league in passes per possession.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He's getting open shots due to the shooters he has on the floor with him, and because for some reason, coaches haven't game planned around Haliburton like he's a legit star player in the league yet. 

Now that the Pacers are winning, that may change.

Can the Hawks start tonight?  I don't see us ever give an opposing player the Trae treatment.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Couple of notes on the shooting of our starting guards:

DJ is sitting a cool .065 over his career TS%.  Massive uptick.  DJ is shooting a career high % of his attempts from 3pt range (he is sitting at 35% despite never having taken 30% of his attempts from deep).  He is shooting what is likely an unsustainable 39% from 3 so far (career 34%).  

Trae is sitting an ugly .047 below his career TS%.  Trae is shooting a near career high of his attempts from 3pt range (over 40% which he hasn't seen since his second year) despite shooting what would be a dramatic career low.  

If I had to bet, I'd definitely bet on both of them to regress to the mean and move closer to their career numbers as the season progresses.  

On DJ's lead leading efficiency on isolation shots, I would guess that this is heavily driven by small sample size (which is why he is at the far left side of the chart).  Don't know how that compares to his career norm but I'd bet it is way above it.

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

But why is he getting wide open shots? We have DJ whose better than any secondary player they have.

Well, they surround him with good shooters....  Plus... They don't fear Haliburton.   Haliburton can get his numbers and not win.   If Trae really does his numbers, Hawks win.