• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT: The Atlanta Thrashers are coming back soon

Sothron

I followed hockey because of the Thrashers and stopped the moment they left. I am pumped that they are thinking of returning and bringing the name back. I always liked Thrashers and thought it was a cool homage to the home state.

I remember having the young rockstars like Dany Heatley and Ilya Kolvachuk next to vets like Slava Kozlov and Marian Hossa.

Can’t wait to check out the new arena. As much as I hate how far away they’re going, I totally get it and hope it pops off the same as the Battery did and revives hockey support in this market.

• Like 3

Wow, this is incredible! I love hockey, but stopped watching after the Thrashers were sent out of Atlanta.  The NHL could have stopped that nonsense.  i'm still out of the country, but i will follow the new team until i get back to the states in about a decade.  Thanks for posting this Sothron. 

• Like 2

I didn’t grow up watching hockey, but I loved going to Thrashers games. 
My family took a trip up to Boston last month and I got us tix to a Bruins game. It was the first time my wife and kids went to a hockey game and they all had a blast. It’s so much fun live. 

• Like 1