• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We probably have moved on if this report is true.  It is in line with what others here have been saying, which is he wants to go to Philly.

And a reminder from Stein's reporting from July indicated he had no interest in being in Atlanta.

@TheSteinLine“The resistance to a trade to Atlanta has really been on his side. Hawks say No. Their biggest struggle is size, defense and rebounding. Going smaller isn't an option.

More Stein on Siakam: “The message has been sent, whispered, maybe even louder than whispered, that Siakam really wouldn’t be interested in a contract extension if the Hawks were to move for him.”

Two different versions of a 3 team trade with NOP and the Bulls

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-1-2024_7-04-46PM.thumb.png.859cc0b7f62b013f3e2254714e0c98e3.png

This is NOP giving up on Zion and getting a decent return for him (not the strongest haul they can get for him, I know) & Chicago trying to get good value for Derozan before he leaves in free agency. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-1-2024_7-05-17PM.thumb.png.4e1781636e45070fbcb54d80b0fa1cd4.png

Apparently, Ingram wants out and this same deal works for him money-wise. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

What is the fascination with the TPE?  We have a big one that we are apparently going to do nothing with.  Why would we want another one?

Idk, TPEs are mostly worthless anyways.  Especially really big TPEs -- no quality players on big salaries are available and if they were quality and available, you're talking about sending draft assets out to bring them in.  TPEs are nice to haves, not really anything you can count on in any meaningful way.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ingram not possible but Zion has always been the target man. 

NO just doesn't have the interest atm but are always listening and you know Atlanta is talking. That's why I've been saying, everyone including JJ has to be available for the right star. 

Not asking if you have been told about any specific trade framework, but what would a trade for Zion look like to you?

1 hour ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Long time lurker here.. but I joined a few months ago 👋

I really hope we’ve moved on from Siakam at this point. This screams level 5 desperation if we have not.

If he truly has stated that he doesn’t want to be here then I find it hard to believe we’d continue to pursue him so aggressively. I believe either one of a few things are happening. 

1. Siakam has indicated to someone that he would be open to playing with the Hawks under certain conditions. Maybe Trae knows something? But my gut says that’s not the case and he doesn’t want to be here.. which leads me to..

2. Toronto is using our initial interest as bait to raise the asking price for Siakam to another team. I saw something the other day that said Dallas is interested.. well, if he really only wants to go to Philly then why would Dallas put themselves at risk of him walking away at the end of the year? Maybe they feel Siakam makes them legitimate championship contenders and it’s worth the risk? Luka, Kyrie and Siakam would be tough to beat.. who knows..

3. The hawks are silently looking into another player or players. I like the idea of Ingram but I’d also love for us to look into getting better perimeter defenders (looking at the Brooklyn nets as they have a few). Either way, I think we may see a trade but I think it will come out of no where and will be someone I haven’t really seen discussed here..

I think Siakam will probably be traded since Toronto would be foolish to lose him for nothing and I could see the Mavs being the landing spot. I just hope our Hawks have a plan or deal in place. Would love to keep Murray because I do think he and Trae can work as long as he’s consistent. But I’m not willing to give up JJ… Murray would have to go first because JJ’s potential is superstar level. 

Pretty much, Atlanta or Indy isn't that interested. Atlanta is interested in a rental for Siakam but only at a certain price. Toronto wants a lot more. Dallas is probably their best bet at a good package but Dallas doesn't have anything appealing. Even Atlanta rental is more appealing but Atlanta rental isn't an offer they want for Siakam. At the end of the day, I think they have to trade him. I'll say it will be Dallas or Sacramento. I don't believe Atlanta will boost their package. At the end of the day, SAC may but they will never trade Murray. Atlanta might even be a 3rd team in the deal to get someone they may covet but I have doubts. 

It wouldn't shock me if Atlanta didn't make a move till the offseason. If nothing is there, don't expect Atlanta to do anything. Time might be there best friend. Even if Trae ask out, they still will likely sit on it until something appealing is available due to their draft situation.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LucastheThird said:

Not asking if you have been told about any specific trade framework, but what would a trade for Zion look like to you?

It would include Murray, Bogi, and JJ for sure. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-1-2024_8-18-12PM.png

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Idk, TPEs are mostly worthless anyways.  Especially really big TPEs -- no quality players on big salaries are available and if they were quality and available, you're talking about sending draft assets out to bring them in.  TPEs are nice to haves, not really anything you can count on in any meaningful way.

The easiest way to use them is for a player like John Collins, Kyle Korver, etc. that another team wants to dump to clear space on their roster.  Another way to use them is if a player is forcing a trade to your team ala the LeBron moving to Miami with Bosh sort of scenario.  It is a nice lever to be able to pull but not nearly as valuable or versatile as cap space.  And if you don’t intend to use it because you want to avoid the tax then it is close to worthless.  (Speaking hypothetically for a friend.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Pretty much, Atlanta or Indy isn't that interested. Atlanta is interested in a rental for Siakam but only at a certain price. Toronto wants a lot more. Dallas is probably their best bet at a good package but Dallas doesn't have anything appealing. Even Atlanta rental is more appealing but Atlanta rental isn't an offer they want for Siakam. At the end of the day, I think they have to trade him. I'll say it will be Dallas or Sacramento. I don't believe Atlanta will boost their package. At the end of the day, SAC may but they will never trade Murray. Atlanta might even be a 3rd team in the deal to get someone they may covet but I have doubts. 

It wouldn't shock me if Atlanta didn't make a move till the offseason. If nothing is there, don't expect Atlanta to do anything. Time might be there best friend. Even if Trae ask out, they still will likely sit on it until something appealing is available due to their draft situation.  

As bad as I hate to say it, they just need to blow it up and be sellers.  I think the  front office needs to be cleaned out, the GM doesn't have a clue.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

As bad as I hate to say it, they just need to blow it up and be sellers.  I think the  front office needs to be cleaned out, the GM doesn't have a clue.  

Atlanta isn't a blow it up city. You aren't going to make money when the team isn't appealing. 

4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Aw man that's a hefty price, I would want to hold on to JJ if we could. 

Zion ain't gonna be cheap. He got superstar qualities. Especially if he can ever get motivated to stay in shape. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Ingram not possible but Zion has always been the target man. 

NO just doesn't have the interest atm but are always listening and you know Atlanta is talking. That's why I've been saying, everyone including JJ has to be available for the right star. 

Zion would be interesting and I can only imagine what he can Trae could do together. That would be box office easily and I bet that’s exciting to Ressler for sure.  NO would probably want JJ. They’d be crazy not to. But given the questions around Zion’s work ethic - Is Zion really more promising than JJ at this point? It’s a tough call for me. 

• Like 3