• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

For a team allergic to the luxury tax, picking up valuable players on great value deals is a must. Reaves is such a player. Start Bogi, have Reaves off the bench we won't lose much offensively over our current squad and at a third of the price. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Herbert Jones is also available on the 15th … rather that direction 

Pels would be my favorite trade partner by far.  Might make sense to swap CC and Vuc as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

For a team allergic to the luxury tax, picking up valuable players on great value deals is a must. Reaves is such a player. Start Bogi, have Reaves off the bench we won't lose much offensively over our current squad and at a third of the price. 

The only problem with this is Reaves is not good defensively.  I watched some of the Suns/Lakers game last night and the Suns were targeting him on defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

So, Haynes specifically mentions the Lakers and Raptors.  I thought the Raptors wouldn't have any interest in Murray.  I wonder what they're offering?

I thought it was more so Murray had no interest last offseason.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I thought it was more so Murray had no interest last offseason.

Okay, I guess I misunderstood.  Maybe they see him fitting well with IQ in the backcourt.  Probably doesn't happen since Siakam doesn't want to come to Atlanta (allegedly).

20 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Reaves? You must be a fan

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

The only problem with this is Reaves is not good defensively.  I watched some of the Suns/Lakers game last night and the Suns were targeting him on defense.

He's targeted because he's the weakest link on the wing. Not because he's outright terrible. He lacks length, but works hard. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

For the Knicks, it made things interesting because they thought at the time they were going to try to get both Anunoby and Dejounte Murray. My sense was there was a thought that Quickley would be potentially going to Atlanta instead, but Toronto got him first, and the Knicks prioritized Anunoby first. 

23:50 Where would Dejounte Murray be a good fit?

USATSI_22229649.jpg?w=1000

Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports

Marks: You know where he would be a good fit? Brooklyn. A guard that can score and kind of create for others. I look at this Nets team as one-dimensional. If they’re not making threes, they’re no better than Detroit, San Antonio, and some of the teams at the bottom here. You basically have Mikal Bridges, who’s number three on a really good championship team. He’s your third-best player. Cam Johnson is a nice starter for you. Then what do you have after that? You’ve got a bunch of big wings. You’ve got Nicolas Claxton, who’s going to be a free agent, and you’ve got draft capital.

What would the cost be (for Murray)? You watched the Portland game the other night, and I think we can say that the writing is on the wall for Spencer Dinwiddie after he was benched in crunch time for Dennis Smith Jr. Does it cost you Dinwiddie and maybe one of the Phoenix picks that maybe you can put some protection on?

Even if Dinwiddie, Claxton, and Royce O’Neale leave, what are you left with $25 million in cap space? Nobody’s talking about Ben Simmons anymore. That Simmons number at $38 million is sitting there. It’s $40 million next year, and it’s going to continue to sit there until he can get on the court, and I have no idea when that’s going to be.

Scotto: Neither does he. He hasn’t given a timetable for that. He was on the court in Paris doing some drills.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-preview-knicks-lakers-warriors-nets-rockets-raptors-hawks-pistons/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

this is part of the trade Mikey?

Maybe Raptors want Capela after the Poetl injury

Interesting.   I hear something may happen anytime.   No details.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

My money is on Dallas.

I would say it's Indy, Sacramento or Atlanta. Toronto doesn't like anything from Dallas. But they have to accept Atlanta isn't trading anyone on a rookie deal but AJ and Walker is off limits from Indy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Toronta need to get soemthing for him, id do AJ for possible rental of Siak just show him the back rooms at Magic city before this summer comes around and he should be cool with resigning here

Edited by hylndr11

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Can someone explain why legit LA media thinks reaves is so much more valuable than Murray. Hes not close to the player the number clearly bear that out, ok hes younger and cheaper, thats it.  

maybe reaves and Rui that would give us 10 lbs and an inch at PF move Jalen down, also 2 peaces to use for whatever, but no way Reaves and DJ straight up, Murray is shooting 40 percent from 3, crazy how bad our Def is and hes having a career year on Off and we are losing this much. sheesh

:blanky:....so not only Murray but Bogi too. :laugh1:

• Haha 4

@shakes, a rundown on Kamla's take on possible Murray deals...

1. Hawks are trash for tryna trade him so they don't have to pay him - that's right, a national NBA host has no idea Murray already re-signed.

2. Keldon is who he'd target even tho ...

3. Keldon makes no sense since he's same as JJ (huh?  See #2)

4. Hawks are trash for acquiring Murray then trading him back (has it already happened, sKamla?  Odd).

5.  I had to turn it off or did my ears just bleed out and die?  Quick, somebody say something.  Nah, I can't hear anything.  Oh noooos!!! 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky:....so not only Murray but Bogi too. :laugh1:

i_fd_da_0c_austin-reaves.png?w=190
Jake Fischer: I’ve been told that if Austin Reaves was put on the table, the Hawks would have much more interest naturally. Sure. But to your point, I’ve also, I’ve been led to believe that if Austin Reeves were to be going out the door being that the Lakers have adamantly told teams we are not moving last and readers think LA would have to have more such as Bogdan Bogdanovich

– via Apple Podcasts

What, just 'cus LAL says so? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would say it's Indy, Sacramento or Atlanta. Toronto doesn't like anything from Dallas. But they have to accept Atlanta isn't trading anyone on a rookie deal but AJ and Walker is off limits from Indy. 

Maybe, but your guy #12 is gone if we do. 

• Like 1