• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

1 hour ago, shakes said:

From the Athletic's power rankings today..

We’ve seen the Hawks randomly turn a season around in the middle of it before, so we can’t completely write them off from making the playoffs. However, turning it around to get to 43 wins and hit the over seems highly unlikely. This team just isn’t serious about doing the right things to win games. There is so much talent on this team. They have a good coach. They still can’t do what it takes to take down non-losing teams. The Hawks need a complete overhaul because this approach is broken.

"duh"

51cd8578b015b61d6a2262cb7c96c31b_w200.gi

20 minutes ago, warcore said:

You see, Tony? This is why you should have let your GM be the GM. I hope this fool has at least learned a lesson and has admitted he was wrong. 

Isiah Rider and Spudd Webb could run this team better...

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Lol, the only trash I've seen are the "eggsperts" agenda driven takes on him.

Heh, that's not the only trash I've seen 'round these parts.  But I won't say more out of respect for the dead (the mods). 

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Trading Murray for KAT would have solved issues for both teams but that would have to wait until the offseason. Team is more interested I think in moving DJM now than later. I do think the idea is tank the rest of this season because we have a window for it and then use assets to upgrade the roster in the offseason.

They just do reactionary shit in the moment without a well laid out plan for the future, over and over :blanky:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, warcore said:

I've also seen a Mark Cuban interview (or maybe it was a short) in which he talks about the Trae/Luka trade. From his perspective, he said he called the owner (Tony) directly and convinced him "hey comon' we know you want Trae and we want Luka and we'll give you a pick". 

First I've heard of this story. :blanky:

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Yes, he's a good POA defender and can hit threes. I'd like him on this team for the right price.

That’s exactly what we need. Really any team should want that.

Whats the catch then? Why is NY looking to trade him? Seems like that should be a good fit in between Brunson and OG.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Whats the catch then? Why is NY looking to trade him? Seems like that should be a good fit in between Brunson and OG.

Paying him down the line plus if they get something worthwhile in terms of a contract it helps them use it for salary match in the offseason plus their first rounders to get another star player.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Plus he is a limited player and they would like to upgrade longterm.  He is a nice off the bench support player.  He isn't a core guy.  They are ready to lose him and improve their roster so fine with dealing him.

• Like 3