• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The person that has shifted into a main focal point of a potential knicks deal is a center. The last package they discussed with Knicks had grimes + Mitchell robinson + one pick + Fournier (filler) for DJM and Clint 

I’d do this deal and run!

mitchell Robinson is the best offensive rebounder in basketball and top defensive center!

I’d do that and run!

• Like 3

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Again you are assuming they are late picks. And like I said in the last message GRIMES IS NOT THE FOCAL PART OF THE TRADE. He just so happens to be a young piece they really like and want to move that is in the package.

I'm waiting to hear what possible picks wouldn't be projected to be late picks.  I don't see that NY owns anything other than those types of picks.  Can you correct me?  Let me know which of these picks isn't going to be a mid to late first round pick of the kind I've been discussing in my posts.

https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Knicks/20/draft-picks

(And of course it needs to be a pick that conveys in time for that player to help the team get better during the next two years for all the reasons we've discussed above).

If the Knicks are picking up a much more valuable pick from a third team then I'd love to hear what that is and if you can't share that then just affirm that we are not talking about picks owned by the Knicks.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Reading this thread we should be getting a protected first from Clint + 2 picks for Dre + 2 Picks & and Young Player for DJM. All while shedding these contracts from our books with expiring contracts so we can completely retool our team in one summer.

Eggsactly!  So we're on the same page then?

🙂

:Korver: *sigh* 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

You're either skimming or reading posts in bad faith or both.  Example: Supes just said no way we get 2 firsts for Dre but then you respond to him and tell him he's delusional for thinking we'll get two firsts for Dre.  Doing the same with AHF.  Don't reply to people if you're not even going to read what they're typing.

Well i was skimming. theres like 100s of comments its tough to go through all and everybody types a different way. Ignore my comment supes you are correct! AHF post i read and I understand what he saying but he also is shaping it as if its a worst case scenario. He started off with mentioning if we do something trae will ask out (and so what if he does). Let him ask out and then they can really do what Quin wants which is a tear down.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Reading this thread we should be getting a protected first from Clint + 2 picks for Dre + 2 Picks & and Young Player for DJM. All while shedding these contracts from our books with expiring contracts so we can completely retool our team in one summer.

Delusion

I think you need to re-read what Supes wrote.

Just now, AHF said:

I'm waiting to hear what possible picks wouldn't be projected to be late picks.  I don't see that NY owns anything other than those types of picks.  Can you correct me?  Let me know which of these picks isn't going to be a mid to late first round pick of the kind I've been discussing in my posts.

https://fanspo.com/nba/teams/Knicks/20/draft-picks

If the Knicks are picking up a much more valuable pick from a third team then I'd love to hear what that is and if you can't share that then just affirm that we are not talking about picks owned by the Knicks.  

Like I said its a projection. Do they project to be great picks no but you never know what can happen. Any of the knicks own picks could be bad.

When we traded for Dejounte anybody in favor of DJ trade said "all those picks are gonna be late who cares trade em". And now fast forward two years and its possible that 2025 pick is an elite pick. Things change quickly. Let it play out. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Let him ask out and then they can really do what Quin wants which is a tear down.

Then rip off the band aid now and do it. What's the point in waiting for him to ask out?  Why - Messy Ressy not moving cash cow.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then rip off the band aid now and do it. What's the point in waiting for him to ask out?  Why - Messy Ressy not moving cash cow.

Like I said before it woulnd't surprise me if they have these tough convos in the summer. Trading Murray Clint and Dre is just step 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

Grimes would be a better fit next to Trae than Murray, so I can see why Grimes and 2 FRPs would be something to think about. My biggest hang up is helping the Knicks. F them.

Grimes has a -8.6 on/off. Hes a negative player because he’s terrible offensively don’t want him at all. And those picks are non lottery 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Delusion

None of that has been seriously said. 

You can shame us all you want, but a DJM trade with the return centerpiece being Grimes is a horrible deal. We feel he has more value than that, and we have the right to feel this way as fans. 

If we need to tear it down and rebuild a bit, fine let's do that. But just getting rid of DJM for minimal value is not how we start that process. You don't trade your second-best player for a role player. Keep him and remove other pieces like Capela, Hunter, Bogi, etc. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Ouch.  We getting at it.  If only the Hawks had this same energy 😂😂😂

giphy.gif

lol I wasn't trying to be overly aggressive -- I enjoy Mikey's perspective and appreciate his intel, but he was rapid fire responding and clearly missed some nuances of those posts.  

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

lol I wasn't trying to be overly aggressive -- I enjoy Mikey's perspective and appreciate his intel, but he was rapid fire responding and clearly missed some nuances of those posts.  

I did indeed by bad lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Like I said its a projection. Do they project to be great picks no but you never know what can happen. Any of the knicks own picks could be bad.

When we traded for Dejounte anybody in favor of DJ trade said "all those picks are gonna be late who cares trade em". And now fast forward two years and its possible that 2025 pick is an elite pick. Things change quickly. Let it play out. 

So the front office's plan is to get value out of the draft in the next two years that will improve the team over where it is today when the Knicks are already the #5 team in the East and will be even better with Dejounte Murray and the Knicks are built around:

23 Year Old RJ Barrett

24 Year Old Precious Achiuwa

25 Year Old Hartenstein

25 Year Old Mitchell Robinson*

26 Year Old OG Anunoby

27 Year Old Donte DiVincenzo

27 Year Old Jalen Brunson

27 Year Old Dejounte Murray

28 Year Old Josh Hart

29 Year Old Julius Randle

THIS is the team the front office wants to bet falls off into a crater in the next two years?!?   

You keep asking people to be realistic.  I am just going to be simple on this.  No realistic person thinks that team is going to crater in the near future.  Now talk about picks years down the line after Trae's opt out option date has passed and maybe things have changed significantly and New York is in the gutter.  But just like you have to look at the expected value of a given draft slot you also have to look at the projected record for the team whose pick you are getting.  

And if the Hawks are betting everything on New York being terrible then I'm calling them a terrible front office for making such an unrealistic premise the lynchpin of the value of the deal.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

None of that has been seriously said. 

You can shame us all you want, but a DJM trade with the return centerpiece being Grimes is a horrible deal. We feel he has more value than that, and we have the right to feel this way as fans. 

If we need to tear it down and rebuild a bit, fine let's do that. But just getting rid of DJM for minimal value is not how we start that process. You don't trade your second-best player for a role player. Keep him and remove other pieces like Capela, Hunter, Bogi, etc. 

He's not the center piece. He just happens to be a young player involved

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Like I said before it woulnd't surprise me if they have these tough convos in the summer. Trading Murray Clint and Dre is just step 1. 

Now this is much more realistic.  That the team isn't serious about winning or retaining Trae and is OK going into the gutter for the next 5 years.  I can believe that ambition is consistent with the trade returns you have been mentioning.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

So the front office's plan is to get value out of the draft in the next two years that will improve the team over where it is today when the Knicks are already the #5 team in the East and will be even better with Dejounte Murray and the Knicks are built around:

23 Year Old RJ Barrett

24 Year Old Precious Achiuwa

25 Year Old Hartenstein

25 Year Old Mitchell Robinson*

26 Year Old OG Anunoby

27 Year Old Donte DiVincenzo

27 Year Old Jalen Brunson

27 Year Old Dejounte Murray

28 Year Old Josh Hart

29 Year Old Julius Randle

THIS is the team the front office wants to bet falls off into a crater in the next two years?!?   

You keep asking people to be realistic.  I am just going to be simple on this.  No realistic person thinks that team is going to crater in the near future.  Now talk about picks years down the line after Trae's opt out option date has passed and maybe things have changed significantly and New York is in the gutter.  But just like you have to look at the expected value of a given draft slot you also have to look at the projected record for the team whose pick you are getting.  

And if the Hawks are betting everything on New York being terrible then I'm calling them a terrible front office for making such an unrealistic premise the lynchpin of the value of the deal.

If you did this same exercise with the hawks two years ago you would say the same thing. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. Not to mention they can't afford that entire roster...

The hawks team built around trae is dead. This era is dead. It died years ago when they made that trade. You guys need to start accepting that and prepare for a future without him. Their best path to ever winning anything is to rebuild completely. And I am positive they will have long conversations about this this summer. It might not happen now but in 2026 I would be almost positive trae is off the roster. They are recouping picks for the future. They know this team isn't and won't be a contender

• Like 1
  • Sad 3