• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hello from Cincinnati

Chrimturn

1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

Welcome!

I'm just down the river in Louisville. I was just up in Cincinnati last Sunday watching the Bengals beat the Colts (Who Dey!). 

Thanks.  I lived down there in Radcliff for a while when I was young.  My dad was in the Army at Ft. Knox.  I’m a UC Bearcat fan, but my dad was (and still is) a huge Cardinal fan.  I grew up in a Louisville Cardinal house watching guys like Milt Wagner, Billy Thompson, Herb Crook, Kenny Payne, Pervis Ellison, LaBradford Smith, etc…

Who Dey!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

Thanks.  I lived down there in Radcliff for a while when I was young.  My dad was in the Army at Ft. Knox.  I’m a UC Bearcat fan, but my dad was (and still is) a huge Cardinal fan.  I grew up in a Louisville Cardinal house watching guys like Milt Wagner, Billy Thompson, Herb Crook, Kenny Payne, Pervis Ellison, LaBradford Smith, etc…

Who Dey!

Kenny Payne 😬😬😬

I'm all for the Cats, but did go to a cards football game recently.

It’s been fun watching DJ Wagner hoop for UK though. 

I haven’t kept up with the bearcats lately. I was excited when the Hawks drafted DeMarr Johnson. I liked him a lot until he got hurt. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Kenny Payne 😬😬😬

I'm all for the Cats, but did go to a cards football game recently.

It’s been fun watching DJ Wagner hoop for UK though. 

I haven’t kept up with the bearcats lately. I was excited when the Hawks drafted DeMarr Johnson. I liked him a lot until he got hurt. 

UC has some young talent.  Decent length too.  They just don’t have any chemistry. 8-1 but  haven’t  really played anybody.  Hoped for a better showing against X in the Shootout, but their lack of continuity showed.  One 4 star freshman and two 4 star commits for next year.  I think the BBall team will fare better drawing recruits in the Big 12 than the Football team will.

DeMarr actually lives on my street.  Met him and Kenny Satterfield a few years ago when we had a Halloween block party in the cul de sac.  He rents his house out now since he went to WV.

• Like 1

Welcome to the board! Half of my family is from Cincinnati. Oddly enough I was a Bengals fan before being a Hawks or Falcons fan, but that was short lived. My dad played at Ohio U in their good days but became a Hawks fan in the 80s, as he got his masters from Georgia Tech after his bball days. 

Say hello to some 5 way chili for me! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chrimturn said:

UC has some young talent.  Decent length too.  They just don’t have any chemistry. 8-1 but  haven’t  really played anybody.  Hoped for a better showing against X in the Shootout, but their lack of continuity showed.  One 4 star freshman and two 4 star commits for next year.  I think the BBall team will fare better drawing recruits in the Big 12 than the Football team will.

DeMarr actually lives on my street.  Met him and Kenny Satterfield a few years ago when we had a Halloween block party in the cul de sac.  He rents his house out now since he went to WV.

Sick!

42 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Hello there, I'm seeing if the Bengals are going to finish this up.

Shew, man I thought they blew it with that 3 and out in OT.  That no call on Tee.  D stepped up there.

Surprisingly, Browning is managing.  Not calling it a SB run but good for him.  Need those young DB’s to tighten it up a little though.

Lets see how this Colts/Steelers ends up now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Chrimturn said:

Hey ya’ll.  Long time Hawks fan.  Grew up in the 80’s and 90’s.  Fell out of love with the NBA for a little while through  the 2010’s.  Have been getting back into it over the last 5 years or so.  

46, been a Hawks fan since I was 9.  Recently stumbled across this site a couple of days ago.  Browsed a few threads and decided to join.

Not too many Hawks fans up here in my neck of the woods.  Seems like a respectful place with a host of informed fans here.  Whether it’s intelligent conversation or opinionated banter/chatter, I’m looking forward to the discussion.

GO HAWKS!

Welcome to Hawksquawk...

Go get you some Graeter's Buckeye Blitz or Salted Caramel, pull up a chair and join the conversation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Welcome!! This board has the most bball intelligent Hawks fans (by far) of anywhere on the internet.  There is a lot of good discussion around team building, roster dynamics, rotations, and all in-game minutiae.  Still plenty of passionate disagreements (check a game thread after we lose lol), but they’re usually rooted in different philosophies or ideologies— not just ignorant fans arguing.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, warcore said:

Welcome to the board! Half of my family is from Cincinnati. Oddly enough I was a Bengals fan before being a Hawks or Falcons fan, but that was short lived. My dad played at Ohio U in their good days but became a Hawks fan in the 80s, as he got his masters from Georgia Tech after his bball days. 

Say hello to some 5 way chili for me! 

Thanks!  You know I will.  The kids would eat it every day if we let them.  😀

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Welcome aboard.  Always happy to hear from any Hawk fan.

:smug:

Thank you sir.  Seems I have finally found the kettle.  👍

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Welcome to Hawksquawk...

Go get you some Graeter's Buckeye Blitz or Salted Caramel, pull up a chair and join the conversation!

Gonna half to make a run now.  Just checked the freezer and there’s some frost bitten cookies & cream buried in there, lol.

56 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Welcome!! This board has the most bball intelligent Hawks fans (by far) of anywhere on the internet.  There is a lot of good discussion around team building, roster dynamics, rotations, and all in-game minutiae.  Still plenty of passionate disagreements (check a game thread after we lose lol), but they’re usually rooted in different philosophies or ideologies— not just ignorant fans arguing.  

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes, I agree.  A very attractive forum I have to admit.  Plenty of great topics and discussion.