• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should sign...

Diesel

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

TJ Warren to a 10 day contract.

One of the Mat(t)hews must go.

Man, that dude ain't been healthy since ..... ever.  That's just adding another question, not an answer.  

Our answers come via trade.  No more nibblin' at the edges by signing done-zo vets. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Man, that dude ain't been healthy since ..... ever.  That's just adding another question, not an answer.  

Our answers come via trade.  No more nibblin' at the edges by signing done-zo vets. 

https://www.si.com/nba/suns/news/former-phoenix-suns-player-tj-warren-looking-for-comeback

"I'm 100 percent healthy now. The foot injuries were a part of my career during those two years. I feel like I was reaching a crazy pinnacle right around the bubble. It was a great situation. Unfortunately, I had the injuries, and it set me back a little bit," Warren told HoopsHype. 

A 10 day contract or 2 is not going to hurt anything. 

The thing is that this guy can go out and get points.  He's a valid 3 pt shooter.  In the two seasons he was called on to be a three point shooter, he shot 43 and 40% .  He can play defense.   He's got good size.   I would give him a look. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Our answers come via trade. 

What is it Feb 8th? 

Just my 2 cents here but instead of wasting his time with weird all star scoring and in season tourney’s, can Adam Silver do some practical stuff like maybe slide the trade date up 📅 to like I dunno, mid January, I mean, teams that wanna deal and are looking to make noise in the playoffs (like us) need to get a bit longer with new additions to the club. 

I dunno, maybe the rest think the deadline is good early February. I’d like it slid up 3 weeks or so.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

https://www.si.com/nba/suns/news/former-phoenix-suns-player-tj-warren-looking-for-comeback

The thing is that this guy can go out and get points.  He's a valid 3 pt shooter.  In the two seasons he was called on to be a three point shooter, he shot 43 and 40% .  He can play defense.   He's got good size.   I would give him a look. 

He do put the 🏀 ina hol no doubt. Instant offense ala Ronald “FLIP (ya a$$ sideways) Murray {headband on mean muggin a cat} 😐 

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

None of this is true.  If it were, he'd be on a team.

And, again, even if he's healthy it's a lead-pipe lock guarantee it's not gonna stay that way.  This is nibblin'..  we can't afford to nibble anymore.  Maybe after the major moves we need to make, we call up TJ as a roster body.  Deal? 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

None of this is true.  If it were, he'd be on a team.

And, again, even if he's healthy it's a lead-pipe lock guarantee it's not gonna stay that way.  This is nibblin'..  we can't afford to nibble anymore.  Maybe after the major moves we need to make, we call up TJ as a roster body.  Deal? 

Actually, we can nibble.  We just want to hold on until we see what we have with JJ in the mix.  About his health, was it you who said the same thing about Malcolm Brogdon a few years ago when I mentioned his name?  And when we got to the playoffs, he was part of the reason why we went home.   I'm saying giving him a look is cheap.   The one we can't trust is Dre.  Dre is supposed to be our 3/D player and everytime I look around, he's out with a hangnail or a itchy back or something. 

Warren is hungry.  You give him a chance, he may come in here and try to Take Dre's Job. 

14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Actually, we can nibble.  We just want to hold on until we see what we have with JJ in the mix.  About his health, was it you who said the same thing about Malcolm Brogdon a few years ago when I mentioned his name?  And when we got to the playoffs, he was part of the reason why we went home.   I'm saying giving him a look is cheap.   The one we can't trust is Dre.  Dre is supposed to be our 3/D player and everytime I look around, he's out with a hangnail or a itchy back or something. 

Warren is hungry.  You give him a chance, he may come in here and try to Take Dre's Job. 

Celtics traded Brogdon because of his health issues so I'm not far off there.

And are you suggesting mid-a** TJ can be as impactful as Brogdon?  If so, it would be the first time in his career.  That guys just a guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Celtics traded Brogdon because of his health issues so I'm not far off there.

And are you suggesting mid-a** TJ can be as impactful as Brogdon?  If so, it would be the first time in his career.  That guys just a guy.

We won't know until we give him a try?  About Brogdon,   Celtics traded the 6th man of the year in order to get Jrue Holiday.   It was an upgrade considering that they had just lost their starting PG. 

Back to Warren...
He's a vet.  Dude has never put up Bum numbers. 

As far as his injury. He had a stress fracture of the Navicular bone.   It's a long rehab with a very high rate of recovery.  He's done that.  Signing him for 20 days  or even the rest of the season doesn't put us at any risk.  We'd lose either one of the Matthews or a 2W player at worse.   Can he be as impactful as Brogdon?  Maybe.  That's why you bring him in.  What you don't do is speculate him away and watch him go somewhere else and Blow up and say.. "Damn.  We should have given him a look. "

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We won't know until we give him a try?  About Brogdon,   Celtics traded the 6th man of the year in order to get Jrue Holiday.   It was an upgrade considering that they had just lost their starting PG. 

Back to Warren...
He's a vet.  Dude has never put up Bum numbers. 

As far as his injury. He had a stress fracture of the Navicular bone.   It's a long rehab with a very high rate of recovery.  He's done that.  Signing him for 20 days  or even the rest of the season doesn't put us at any risk.  We'd lose either one of the Matthews or a 2W player at worse.   Can he be as impactful as Brogdon?  Maybe.  That's why you bring him in.  What you don't do is speculate him away and watch him go somewhere else and Blow up and say.. "Damn.  We should have given him a look. "

I'm not fighting anymore.  Frankly, we've put more work into this dispute than TJ has put on the court the past few years.  I'm exhausted.  

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm not fighting anymore.  Frankly, we've put more work into this dispute than TJ has put on the court the past few years.  I'm exhausted.  

Yeah, I should let him know that I'm expecting 10%.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Is Darius Bazley of interest to anyone here? I always thought of him as a guy that could flourish in the right environment. The Hawks need all the long, athletic guys they can get their hands on. 

I like Bazley too.. and Stanley Johnson..   I think either guy could step in for a second.  The good news is that JJ is expected to be back Tuesday!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Is Darius Bazley of interest to anyone here? I always thought of him as a guy that could flourish in the right environment. The Hawks need all the long, athletic guys they can get their hands on. 

Bazley could help as much as meth-Bogi does, I imagine.  Got length and could defend .... some, I guess.  Make it happen, hawkm.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I like Bazley too.. and Stanley Johnson..   I think either guy could step in for a second.  The good news is that JJ is expected to be back Tuesday!!

After years of jousting against @Spud2nique on StanJo the Banjo, I'm finally at a point where I'll relent to adding him as a body.  You win, squd! 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Bazley could help as much as meth-Bogi does, I imagine.  Got length and could defend .... some, I guess.  Make it happen, hawkm.

After years of jousting against @Spud2nique on StanJo the Banjo, I'm finally at a point where I'll relent to adding him as a body.  You win, squd! 

Oh, I think he can contribute a lot more than Garrison. I'd much rather see Bazley be the first guy off the bench or even be an emergency starter than Garrison or Wes.

• Like 1