• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yup they need to go back to team ball not Trae ball. 5 players playing together on a string and together they are good. Yeah one of those guys needs to be nice individually but this shit now ain’t it. I pray Trae asks for a Trade this summer. A lot of pressure from his camp to make win now moves and I think them selling could make him switch his stance on atl. It’s best for hawks and if they land a top prospect out of it with their own picks even better 

I'll rather trade Trae to Detroit right now for Ausar, 2024 1st and a future 1st. Get that fake DET 1st from NY and get DET to make it unprotected, get Zaccharie Risacher with it. Get Reed S with our pick. Call it a f***ing day. 

I want Zaccharie Risacher, Ausar, and Reed Sheppard. Those three in coach Quin's scheme.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I'll rather trade Trae to Detroit right now for Ausar, 2024 1st and a future 1st. Get that fake DET 1st from NY and get DET to make it unprotected, get Zaccharie Risacher with it. Get Reed S with our pick. Call it a f***ing day. 

I want Zaccharie Risacher, Ausar, and Reed Sheppard. Those three in coach Quin's scheme.

Would be really nice. Sadly idk how likely something like this would be on table. Ausar would definitely be most likely to be moved if Detroit bit but seems way too early they would consider. 

starting Monday tho this tank should begin. Pick could very well turn into a top 6-8 range 

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Would be really nice. Sadly idk how likely something like this would be on table. Ausar would definitely be most likely to be moved if Detroit bit but seems way too early they would consider. 

starting Monday tho this tank should begin. Pick could very well turn into a top 6-8 range 

Ausar is probably the only young kid I covet that's not untouchable status. His defense is tremendous, he has a good feel for the game. Sadly, he's a No-3/D player and that's problematic. It's hard to be this bad at shooting and play modern ball. That's why he's benched but his defense and putting him in a player movement scheme is ideal. We need to play the way we played with Korver, Horford, and DMC. 

I wouldn't mind trading Bey and Bruno for Horford and a 2nd. But I need Horford to play another year to work with OO. Bogey to work with JJ. Bogi to work with Ausar. We need to know how to play in this system, the right way. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's gonna take some time like Haliburton did. He gonna have to adjust and he's not selfish so he wants to play the game, the right way. 

Exactly. I love that kid. Give me a two way PG with hands and instincts like that any day of the week. I'm trying to find comparisons that aren't extreme in either way. Chris Paul with better shooting and not as good passing vision? Rondo with a jump shot and less flashy passing? 

I hate the "you have to compare players by skin color" thinking with the NBA. Reed  has a great mix of several guards in him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Exactly. I love that kid. Give me a two way PG with hands and instincts like that any day of the week. I'm trying to find comparisons that aren't extreme in either way. Chris Paul with better shooting and not as good passing vision? Rondo with a jump shot and less flashy passing? 

I hate the "you have to compare players by skin color" thinking with the NBA. Reed  has a great mix of several guards in him. 

He's more like a blend of Matisse Thybulle at 6'3 on defense and Tyler Herro mixed with Mark Price offense with Caruso athleticism. He thinks the game a lot like how Rudy Fernandez  where he sees it, he knows where to be and can play on or off the ball. 

I really love this kid's game. I don't know he has the aggressive to be a #1 option ever but he gonna be a big time performer. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In this class, two players are far above to rest for what the Hawks need to be moving forward. That's Reed Sheppard and Zaccharie Risacher

I'd love to add them. I don't think people understand how far apart our current roster is from what Quin wants to do and his system. We need athletic players with higher BBIQ and a commitment to defense. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I'd love to add them. I don't think people understand how far apart our current roster is from what Quin wants to do and his system. We need athletic players with higher BBIQ and a commitment to defense. 

Players who can play on and off the ball. Play as a fist, not as individuals

Player movement like Kyle's Hawks. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am done with low BBIQ players. 

It is funny, speaking of the Bud's Hawks, I still believe if we gave Horford the chance he would have put up some crazy efficient scoring for us with how smart he was at getting to good spots on the court for his shot. Using his body to free up shooters and little touch passes for a hockey assist as well. We miss that guy.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

In this class, two players are far above to rest for what the Hawks need to be moving forward. That's Reed Sheppard and Zaccharie Risacher

I’m putting Cody Williams in this tier personally. J dub younger brother can ball 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Im on board, and I was low key hoping we took a Murray focused direction when we brought him in.  Would be best path forward for this team— Im over watching Trae pout every game and whine to refs.  He plays an entitled game, thinks he deserves FTs every time anyone touches him (or he runs into them), and its wasted possessions and bad vibes for the whole team.  I want a true leader as our #1 option and best player.  Can lead by example or be a vocal leader, Trae does neither.  

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’m putting Cody Williams in this tier personally. J dub younger brother can ball 

Cody is a better prospect than Zaccharie but Zaccharie is a better Quin fit

Never seen Reed Sheppard play in my life but his ratings versus Kentucky are eye popping like a mfer I might have to sit down and watch Kentucky someday.   A +26 net over a 6th ranked team tells me immediately his floor is crazy high off that stat alone. Looks like he’ll fill out nicely at 6’3” too.  Of course he’s a better future option than Trae who was a paltry +3 over a bad Oklahoma team.  

For comparison SGA was +15 over a good Kentucky team, Haliburton +22 over a bad Iowa squad, and Brunson was +5 over a dominant national championship team.  No surprise all three are excelling at winning floor raising skills that Trae doesn’t even understand.  I would say having to grind their ways off the bench and spot starting early on gave them an advantage in learning NBA off ball play and hunger over Trae but that’s a cop out, they’re just better basketball players and always have been.

That boy DJ was -6 for a team that was never ranked 😆  Some of these one-and-dones boy I can’t.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cody is a better prospect than Zaccharie but Zaccharie is a better Quin fit

I would agree but if Cody on the table when the pick comes and zaccharie ain’t I wont be upset in the slightest. Hawks having a wing like him would be real nice 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reed got Westbrook rebounding instincts

That was a great board, phantom foul though.

How often do you feel a player can improve his foot speed/ inital slide step defending screens on defense once in the league?  He’ll have to but again I can’t knock his defensive rating at all.

He just had another great offensive board on a transition block, a lot of NBA players wouldn’t have followed the play.  Very nice feel I’ve seen so far.  This game got some wacky ass officiating for sure lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1