• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've been watching the 2024 NBA Draft class and it's been... weaker than usual

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

That was a great board, phantom foul though.

How often do you feel a player can improve his foot speed/ inital slide step defending screens on defense once in the league?  He’ll have to but again I can’t knock his defensive rating at all.

He just had another great offensive board on a transition block, a lot of NBA players wouldn’t have followed the play.  Very nice feel I’ve seen so far.  This game got some wacky ass officiating for sure lol.

You can improve athletically as you get older when you are 19 and 20

• Premium Member

Hawks should do what they can to be in position to draft Cody Williams.  I've only seen him play a few minutes, but he looks like a clone of his big bro and that's enough for me.   In a draft this weak I'm going with the closest thing to a sure thing and that's the genes of the Williams brothers.  JDub won't be an allstar this year, but plays at an all star level.   

Here's a secret that no one knows....JDub is actually a better point guard than SGA.     SGA is a better 2 guard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

It would be funny as hell if the Hawks drafted Bronny only for LeBron to say, “Nah, I’m good here in LA.”

He could do that but we know Bron like D. Wade. He fully invested into Bronny

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

I remain fascinated by the very real potential for someone to take Bronny dramatically higher than he would go on his own to be able to bring in LBJ.  I just don't ever remember anything like it in any sport.

Thats why Bronny is on teams board

Its not because of this

https://www.tankathon.com/players/bronny-james

It's because of MLE LeBron. That's an elite signing if there ever was one. 

• Like 2

C4097DCC-E3B6-48B7-A117-695E614799EC.jpeg.1639ae78db25ca4e9a11db7be78ca603.jpeg
AF9017F2-8463-4FC7-AAC0-64B7396C15E3.thumb.jpeg.15a40514c110ba5104249499bdcbd8f4.jpeg

Watched a few games.  Been trying to keep up with him.  Might not have much of an offensive skill set outside of the paint but damn I like watching this guy play.  Reminds me of Clint.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I would kill to get Sheppard on this team. I also like @NBASupes prospect in the French kid. Cody Williams has promise. The Serbian PG that has wheels and is 6'6" also looks like a real stud in the making.

I don't think this draft is as weak as people are making it out to be. It does lack a definite sure fire number one to three pick but there is real NBA talent in this draft.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I would kill to get Sheppard on this team. I also like @NBASupes prospect in the French kid. Cody Williams has promise. The Serbian PG that has wheels and is 6'6" also looks like a real stud in the making.

I don't think this draft is as weak as people are making it out to be. It does lack a definite sure fire number one to three pick but there is real NBA talent in this draft.

These drafts aren't like the early 2000s draft where it's extremely weak. Every draft today has a lot of talent. Guys always emerging and improving. Guys appearing we didn't know was NBA prospects as previous levels 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Forget Reed Shepherd.  This is the guy who you all should be watching.

image.thumb.png.6e78c504d2ae2296f79641c7bca126ba.png

I was hoping somebody would tell me about this kid.  I'm on the Big Z train.. but I keep hearing about this Knecht kid...

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

My question is...  Is he a pro SG?  Doesn't feel athletic to me.  He's not  really a big wing...  but he's interesting. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

9. Atlanta Hawks: Kyle Filipowski

9 OF 58

Kyle Filipowski, Duke
Kyle Filipowski, DukeLance King/Getty Images

Previous mock draft spot: No. 9

School: Duke

Nationality: American

Position: PF/C

Size: 7'0", 248 lbs

There are too many high-floor and NBA-starter indicators for Kyle Filipowski's weaknesses to keep teams passing. At 7'0", he's now at 39.7 percent from three, averaging 9.0 boards and 3.1 assists. Even a worst-case scenario—which envisions a frontcourt shooting threat, excellent passer and presence on the boards—could justify lottery interest. The flashes of open-floor ball-handling, shot-blocking and foot speed could be bonus value that would surely result in Filipowski turning into one of the class' most useful players.

21. Atlanta Hawks (via Kings): Ryan Dunn

21 OF 58

Ryan Dunn, Virginia
Ryan Dunn, VirginiaRyan M. Kelly/Getty Images

Previous mock draft spot: No. 25

School: Virginia

Position: SF/PF

Size: 6'8", 216 lbs

Pro comparison: Herb Jones

The scouting report on Ryan Dunn seems cut-and-dried, with his defense and explosion for finishing translatable strengths, and his lack of creation and shooting limiting weaknesses that project a low offensive ceiling. He's going to need the right fit that values his athleticism and defense and can surround him with enough ball-handling and shotmaking.

thoughts. Yay or Nay?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

9. Atlanta Hawks: Kyle Filipowski

9 OF 58

Kyle Filipowski, Duke
Kyle Filipowski, DukeLance King/Getty Images

Previous mock draft spot: No. 9

School: Duke

Position: PF/C

Size: 7'0", 248 lbs

There are too many high-floor and NBA-starter indicators for Kyle Filipowski's weaknesses to keep teams passing. At 7'0", he's now at 39.7 percent from three, averaging 9.0 boards and 3.1 assists. Even a worst-case scenario—which envisions a frontcourt shooting threat, excellent passer and presence on the boards—could justify lottery interest. The flashes of open-floor ball-handling, shot-blocking and foot speed could be bonus value that would surely result in Filipowski turning into one of the class' most useful players.

21. Atlanta Hawks (via Kings): Ryan Dunn

21 OF 58

Ryan Dunn, Virginia
Ryan Dunn, VirginiaRyan M. Kelly/Getty Images

Previous mock draft spot: No. 25

School: Virginia

Position: SF/PF

Size: 6'8", 216 lbs

Pro comparison: Herb Jones

The scouting report on Ryan Dunn seems cut-and-dried, with his defense and explosion for finishing translatable strengths, and his lack of creation and shooting limiting weaknesses that project a low offensive ceiling. He's going to need the right fit that values his athleticism and defense and can surround him with enough ball-handling and shotmaking.

thoughts. Yay or Nay?

I'd be happy. Get me a stretch 7 Footer and a Wing.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

i see they are taking my advice and putting Cody Williams #1.    Closest thing to a sure thing future all star in this draft.  

Full disclosure, I don't follow the Euro players till they get here so don't know about this French kid who is looking like a top 2 pick.

• Like 1