• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

De'Andre Hunter: Non-Surgical procedure

JayBirdHawk

I think we are stuck with Hunter. I think at one point he was highly conveyed due to his prototype more so than his production but with another knee injury on the same knee that gave him issues the earlier seasons I can’t see how he’d have any value for other teams.

Hunter is officially injury prone player. Now is that time to move him just to get off his contract like we stupidly did Huerter. For Hunter we have a legitimate reason to just move on from him now. 

I say trade him for a 1 year contract just to get him off the books at this point. The wait is over, Dre is who he is. Ain’t no coming out party happening. He will likely be another journey man like Cam but may get opportunities like Cam cause of his build.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Feels like this just locks him into yet another season where most of his metrics are among the worst SF starting numbers in the entire league and tanks his value to us on the floor and his value as a potential trade piece in larger deals.  Not sure there is much other than JJ that can be salvaged from this season and Hunter was near the top of my lists for hopes for a breakout.  Sigh.  :sad:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Feels like this just locks him into yet another season where most of his metrics are among the worst SF starting numbers in the entire league and tanks his value to us on the floor and his value as a potential trade piece in larger deals.  Not sure there is much other than JJ that can be salvaged from this season and Hunter was near the top of my lists for hopes for a breakout.  Sigh.  :sad:

At this point I feel like we need to just make an adjustment of putting Hunter on our bench . I know that’s an expensive contract on the bench but since he’s not even considered an avg SF by the numbers maybe we can get his value back up by allowing him to play off the bench.

we are either going to have to trade for OG or pay Bey when it’s time.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If and when he comes back, Move 12 to the bench.

See if his contributions have more impact as being part of the bench mob, instead of being passive with the starting group.

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Why all of the sad faces over Hunter's injury?  There should be celebration since Hunter was holding back the hawks all of these years along with John Collins.  We now get the line up Squawkers have been clamoring for which is JJ at the 4 and Bey at the 3.  The winning should start which should make Hawks fans happier. Or maybe we will find out that those guys were helping the Hawks win vs the most popular theories peddled around these parts.  We shall see!  Also I'm not ready to conclude that advanced metrics actually wins basketball games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

How is that line up working out for all who where clamoring for it? Could y'all have been mistaken all of this time? Is there a win on the horizon so the same people can crow about it being the best Hawk line up and how great Bey is at the 3?  Hope so cause losing is getting old!