• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

He gets hacked so much, refs get numb to it. People just hanging off of him on put back attempts.

LOL!   The refs call a foul if anyone breathes on him.  He gets away with a lot of fouls that aren’t called.  He throws elbows like crazy.  

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

LOL!   The refs call a foul if anyone breathes on him.  He gets away with a lot of fouls that aren’t called.  He throws elbows like crazy.  

A lot of your takes just come from a place of simply hate and they fact that you just don't like his game. 

Ain't nothing wrong with that, we have one of the most polarizing players in the NBA on this roster in Trae Young so I am used to opinions like this. 

On 3/30/2024 at 3:43 AM, KB21 said:

An article from 2018 when the post up is one of the higher PPP in today's NBA. Obviously that's because teams are giving high touches those who are extremely effective at it like the mid range PPP is higher than ever in today's NBA. If I just let guys like Murray and others who are very good do it, guess what PPP goes up. 

[insult removed]

13 hours ago, KB21 said:

We have something like the 7th highest pace in the NBA, and Quin wants to get into his offensive sets fast.  Can’t do that when you waiting on the Big Slow to move. 

To supes point, playing fast hasn't helped us. There's a great thread active right now indicating that we've had our most success when we've played slower.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Tennessee was too tough.

Very tough. I was watching the replay of Tennessee v. Purdue and Tennessee was way more physical than any team I've seen this season outside of Michigan State. Aidoo is a horse. His wingspan is insane. Not sure he's a NBA player but he's definitely got a pro future 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

To supes point, playing fast hasn't helped us. There's a great thread active right now indicating that we've had our most success when we've played slower.

Well, the Hawks will have no choice but play slow if they draft this slow plodder that doesn’t have an ounce of modern big in him.   They would also exacerbate the eir defensive issues with this plodder who can’t defend in space and isn’t quick enough to close out from a deep drop set.  

I’m not sure which is worse.  The fact that some of you want a slow plodding big just because he’s big or the fact that you want a slow paced post up oriented offense to accommodate the slow plodder?

We are arguing about a bunch of big man prospects when everything this franchise has ever shown me is that we would rather be smaller at the 4 and 5 than bigger. Not since Mutombo have we had a real starting caliber center over 7ft tall. (cue the Dedmon and Len crowd)

Theo Ratliff- Shelden Williams-Horford-Capela all stood 6-10 or shorter.

We are looking at an insane crop of talented 7ft plus big men, yet everything in my spirit tells me they will end up playing anywhere but Atlanta. We will end up with another highly skilled combo wing player or at most a power forward. 

Also, we would need to figure out what happens with CC-OO-and now Bruno.

All I am saying is, don’t get too wrapped up in what WE think we need or need to do. The front office is likely not on the same page. I doubt they even agree on what type of team to build around Trae. 

• Thanks 1

This is what I’m talking about.  Al Horford “wasn’t a real center” because he was 6’9”, but Al under Bud changed the paradigm for what a modern NBA center is.  

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The degree to which folks are falling for the banana in the tailpipe on a slow, plodding big is alarming.

Too late already ordered my posters! 

image.gif.33d6881ae864ceccce3239b60cc4cddd.gif

image.gif.7506416f915207b51bc586490ba66cf0.gif

Putting it as delicately as I can for the millennials, @NBASupes ya boy 👦 fat. :mellow:

• Haha 4

As this Hawk team continues to improve, we see them moving thru the play-in and perhaps doing even more damage to the east.  The longer Perdue stays in the playoffs, the higher their big center moves in the draft.  Therefore, quit fretting about how good or how bad he is and will be in the NBA.  I have decided that he's not going to become a Hawk.  He may be drafted before our turn comes.  If not, we will pass.  

RedDawg#8 tells us to expect a PF/SF to be our 1st choice.  Why?  Because of the much-improved play recently that the Hawks have gotten from Bruno and Clint.  We still have some hopes for 0017.  Also, our hopes of getting that 1st round pick from the Kings seem to be fading away.  That's fine.  Put it off until next year when we don't have one.

Now, this brings us to the question:  Who do we now expect to be the 1st round pick for the Atlanta Hawks??

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gray Mule said:

As this Hawk team continues to improve, we see them moving thru the play-in and perhaps doing even more damage to the east.  The longer Perdue stays in the playoffs, the higher their big center moves in the draft.  Therefore, quit fretting about how good or how bad he is and will be in the NBA.  I have decided that he's not going to become a Hawk.  He may be drafted before our turn comes.  If not, we will pass.  

RedDawg#8 tells us to expect a PF/SF to be our 1st choice.  Why?  Because of the much-improved play recently that the Hawks have gotten from Bruno and Clint.  We still have some hopes for 0017.  Also, our hopes of getting that 1st round pick from the Kings seem to be fading away.  That's fine.  Put it off until next year when we don't have one.

Now, this brings us to the question:  Who do we now expect to be the 1st round pick for the Atlanta Hawks??

:smug:

He will be there when the Hawks have their second pick.  He’s not rising on draft boards because there are significant questions about his fit in the modern NBA.  

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We are arguing about a bunch of big man prospects when everything this franchise has ever shown me is that we would rather be smaller at the 4 and 5 than bigger. Not since Mutombo have we had a real starting caliber center over 7ft tall. (cue the Dedmon and Len crowd)

Theo Ratliff- Shelden Williams-Horford-Capela all stood 6-10 or shorter.

We are looking at an insane crop of talented 7ft plus big men, yet everything in my spirit tells me they will end up playing anywhere but Atlanta. We will end up with another highly skilled combo wing player or at most a power forward. 

Also, we would need to figure out what happens with CC-OO-and now Bruno.

All I am saying is, don’t get too wrapped up in what WE think we need or need to do. The front office is likely not on the same page. I doubt they even agree on what type of team to build around Trae. 

We have had everything. To say there are less 7fts, well, there are a lot less 7fters than vice versa in the NBA. Everyone has had less 7fters, especially 5s as they also need bulk 

We Have had Len, Jones, Dedmon, Plumlee, Zeller, Edy, Lo Wright, Deke, Collier, Przybrilla, N'Dyaine, Rebreca, Zaza. We done had every type of center. This post was probably the most worthless of them all as common knowledge would say this to be the case for everyone. Even the Lakers which have had Mihm, Shaq, and Bynum have had way more centers under 7ft than over 7ft.