Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OO is definitely the starter going into next year though.  

Why wouldn't he have gotten more starts this year if that is the case?  CC was not playing well but OO only got to start when CC went down.  I wanted him to seize the starting role this year but I haven't seen it happen.

His latest injury also makes me think we need serious depth at the position if OO is the starter.  Missing ~30 games 3 out of 4 seasons is not good.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Edey is going to dominate Burns lol... that guy has fulfilled all his potential but he's not a special basketball talent.  My guess is NC state will be put away before half time.  Purdue has enough tape to not double Burns and let him kill you with passing and Edey will be able to handle him fine 1on1.  Love NC States run but I'll be shocked if they win the next one.

I’m not sold. Burns is a powerful dude who may surprise you in how he matches up with Edey. Stop him? No. Not at all. But I want to see if Edey is able to push his way around a bigger guy like that too. 

Edited by h4wkfan

12 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I can’t believe there is so much energy put into this discussion for a guy that has like 1/60 of a chance of getting drafted by the Hawks. 

Believe it or not…this thread is more interesting then our hawks currently 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, JTB said:

Believe it or not…this thread is more interesting then our hawks currently 

I think this thread is terrible.   Been the same people regurgitating the same opinions ad nauseum.  At this point just lock this thread and re-open it next year once Edey actually starts playing some NBA games and we all need a place to laugh []

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, shakes said:

I think this thread is terrible.   Been the same people regurgitating the same opinions ad nauseum.  At this point just lock this thread and re-open it next year once Edey actually starts playing some NBA games and we all need a place to laugh []

You really are dedicated to this heel turn

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This just means that Lebron only watched the first minute of the Purdue game.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, hawkman said:

I actually like Edey, but this immediately gave me DeJa'Vu of the Shabazz Napier to Miami debacle. 🤣

:laugh1: I was about to say this....I had to look up Napier's name as I couldn't remember.

When Edey becomes a 20/10 guy in the NBA, a lot of people will rightfully eat crow and say they were wrong.

It won't however stop them from being loud and wrong on the next guy.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, thecampster said:

When Edey becomes a 20/10 guy in the NBA,

I would laugh at this, but that's not allowed here.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, KB21 said:

Not sure how that will happen when he’s going to be a 10-15 mpg situational player.  

Are you predicting this is his peak or his situation his first year or two?