• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Edey Conundrum - Could Edey be the next great Atlanta Hawk or is he the next Cam Reddish

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I can respect that. I pay very close attention to that as well which is why Steph was always a bad Trae comp. (2) different builds that allows one to play the game a different way.

Exactly. While Trae is a Harden. Because of his size, he can get into spots no one else can get into and he can create at will. That's hell to deal with in the playoffs when teams are taking away your favorite things 

I recommend that we pursue Drummond, and add Bobo as a 3rd stringer instead.  Drummond out rebounds all but Capela,on this team; 9 RPG but in only 17  MPG of playing time.

Edited by Watchman

7 hours ago, Watchman said:

I recommend that we pursue Drummond, and add Bobo as a 3rd stringer instead.  Drummond out rebounds all but Capela,on this team; 9 RPG but in only 17  MPG of playing time.

Yeah.  That’s the ticket.  Then we can add Edey and have a treasure trove of centers that don’t fit the modern NBA.  

• Moderators
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

The Draft Express mock to which Mr. Turk is responding has:

Clingan #11

Edey #13

Missi #22 

It also has Holland #10 and Kevin McCullar Jr. at #16.

On 4/15/2024 at 7:36 AM, KB21 said:

Yeah.  That’s the ticket.  Then we can add Edey and have a treasure trove of centers that don’t fit the modern NBA.  

He certainly has no problem against the Hawks and their teeny weeny centers.  He is a known commodity.  We don't know how Edey will turn out, but he meets the qualification "centers who don't fit the modern NBA" too.  Who wants a three point shooting 3s?  We should change the name of our league to the WNBA, the Wussy NBA.  The women's league will have to come up with a new name.

Edited by Watchman

My favorite center is Kel'el Ware.  He has a lot to work on as far a feel for the game. motor and screening. 

To me he's the most talented center in this draft.  I'm looking for a two way center and he fits that mold better than any center in this draft in my opinion.

He can shoot, defend, and moves well.

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

My favorite center is Kel'el Ware.  He has a lot to work on as far a feel for the game. motor and screening. 

To me he's the most talented center in this draft.  I'm looking for a two way center and he fits that mold better than any center in this draft in my opinion.

He can shoot, defend, and moves well.

Ware and Missi are talented but need substantial development. I doubt either will crack an NBA rotation for at least a year and a half, and more likely two years, after being drafted. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Ware and Missi are talented but need substantial development. I doubt either will crack an NBA rotation for at least a year and a half, and more likely two years, after being drafted. 

Both honestly should be 2nd rounders. Missi further away but he's also more likely to reach his potential. 

3 hours ago, Packfill said:

I agree. If no moves are made, he just fits the timeline. He can play with OO and Capela may still be around to show him the ropes. To me, he will be a Bruno replacement if no moves are made. The talent is undeniable just has to out it together.

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You keep saying that☹️, stop saying that 😄....THAT CANNOT BE A REAL THING THIS OFFSEASON.  Or it's another failed offseason.

We went into last offseason expecting changes: traded JC as a salary dump, signed Wes, drafted Kobe - - what we do this offseason, can't be along the same lines.

Lol don't blame me. Like you are with Ressler and the tax, they got to show.me before I start to believe again.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol don't blame me. Like you are with Ressler and the tax, they got to show me before I start to believe again.

:laugh1:. I hear ya.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Can KAT and Edey play together? Is KAT still a thing? I'm usually around more in the off-season and at trade deadline.

I think the consensus is that KAT won't be on the trade block now that the ARod ownership group has been nixed due to their intent to cut payroll.  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

This contradicts you earlier post on Ware.

My earlier post was before I had more prospects on the BB. 

My draft thread was this draft is weaker than the previous drafts. I didn't even look at upperclassmen yet. That's why this Edey thread came in February 

Edited by NBASupes